Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 04:24:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maison Blanche Fun at the 24 hrs.  (Read 11627 times)
NWorth

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2015, 10:01:30 am »

Hi Everyone , Managed to camp on MB again for probably what will be the last time. We have been on here since it
opened in 1986. Unfortunately with the interest of Porsche with its new centre I very much
doubt that it will be available next year. Particularly since a hardcore group of residents try to do their utmost to trash the site.The ACO have already in previous years asked us to try and keep it "tidy"but we British don't seem to know what a dustbin or bin liner is! I would imagine that huge swathes of rubber on the new skid pan will do wonders to the surface! Is it really necessary to set fire to our unwanted holiday accomodation? Would we do this in the UK? Someone will have to clear all the broken glass, bottle caps, tent pegs, etc.before the test track can be used again safely.So sorry folks I think we have sucessfully managed to put the last nail in the coffin called "Camping Maisn Blanche". Anyone else got any thoughts on this.
Si H
CA Veteran

It's almost time to go again....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 10:12:36 am »

I'm interested in what MB was like and people's views on the future. I didn't go this year (not been for a while) but we usually camp on MB. Dad went this year but stayed in one of the containers in the circuit, he wandered to MB to see the changes and reported back that it had been crucified by Porsche centre.

A group of us are looking to return to Le Mans next year and so need to know what site to book for. If MB is no more, are there any recommendations of best/worst options?
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:05:05 pm »

I visited MB and found it a shadow of its former self. But I had given MB up for Houx a while back.  I agree with you NWorth, I doubt that we will have access again.

Houx experience was mixed. Euro pop and classical (yes) late and loud. Houx, in contrast to Annex used to be for your quiet types like me, but it didn't seem so last week.

I want to know about the Epinnetes experience.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
akers
CA Veteran

Pc Pirates

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:48:34 pm »

We were the very last camper to leave the Maison Blanche camp site for 2105 and I have to agree with NWorth - it was a bomb site - tents, gazebos & armchairs burnt , rubbish strewn across the area that had been camped on - appears no one knew how to put it in a bag . I must say though the majority of the site was indeed cleared up , rubbish in piles if not by the bins . Unfortunately due to these few groups of people I think Porsche will say they dont want their nice new track to be trashed and the money they make back from the ACO is not enough . They will probably want to make it a campsite for Porsche owners - maybe even move the one from the Porsche curves into MB . I guess we will wait and see , as we did this year
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 10:46:16 pm »

Sorry but the party history of LM goes back to the 30's and is not ever going to be compatible with Porche's clinical vision of a "porche experience", MAISON BLANC has been sold to the Corporate buck and we are out, it is a shame that a few left the wrong impression ~ most of the CA MB hard core were on Houx this yea.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 11:02:54 pm »

I agree that MB has been Party Central for the twenty years that I have been going but that security issues, pegged out areas and creeping corporate intervention has changed things. Most CA'ers seem to have de-camped to Blue Nord but I loved MB especially before they moved the concrete wall to the edge of the site.
I loved that fact that I could sit in my chair on the embankment next to the track and watch the race through the night, occasionally nodding off (passing out) then waking to the sound of a Corvette - who the hell can sleep through that glorious thunder? Walking to the Arnage end of the site to watch cars come through the fast right and left hand combination kept me awake whilst shivering through the night.

As I got older the ability to get some sleep became more attractive and I enjoyed the relative quiet of Tetre Rouge last year. Great site and very secure.

A lot of the character of the circuit has gone with the over-development of Le Village and the other significant areas but, the race remains and will forever be a draw to me and everyone here. I'm sure that everyone has already started planning next year's pilgrimage!

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:09 am »

I always used to camp on houx annex (sorry if spelt wrong!) and did for years until it was removed to become a car park. I then moved to MB and loved it. Great folks, secure and right on the track so I could wake up watching the race in seconds and watch it late into the night before crawling to the tent. This year due to the ticket issues I for fitted my ticket and the guys moved to Houx. Bit of a mission to walk apparently & from memory it was!

Next year I'm undecided and tbh I think I'm going to try a year away from track. Buy a parking pass and stay at my folks 15 minutes away. We will see still undecided but this thread will help make me choose what I do

Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 11:14:59 pm »

We camped on MB this year, and you can't blame all the garbage left on the Brits, although I would say some. While I tried to make sure any and all rubbish bags were in the bins, in my opinion, leaving rubbish neatly bagged on the pitch when you go is acceptable. The site itself this year was in effect, empty. Sterile of all that had been before, and although many spots had been marked out for use, obviously not sold. RIP MB, you were good

What I found unacceptable were the twats racing their cars up and down on a busy campsite on friday night, and that is something I won't be missing

Wooosh!!!!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 12:21:16 am »

Our corner of MB was left quite tidy this year (and nobody set light to the dumpster), but probably not up to Porsche standards.

The main problem was theft.  I had quite a lot of kit nicked, and its the scum that torch things.  Why does the place attract these people, and why don't the men in the vests marked "Securite" actually do security?

But where else do you go?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 08:59:54 am »

So......

Do I understand  correctly, on MB....(correct me if I am wrong)

There were unsold marked pitches,
Significant aritacts such as armchairs, gazebos etc were left behind.
Material including armchairs etc were set alight.
There were people racng cars around the site
There were thefts (I'd like to know more Lorry)

So, all in all, MB is NOT somewhere that I, or by the sound of it, other CAers want to stay.

However, I do hope that MB is open next year and that all the people who were responsible for these behaviours stay there, and not where I will be.  Evil

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 09:17:13 pm »

We have been on MB for a few years until we lost our pitch to the Porche centre. Walked through it this year and thought this aint going to be here next year. It will be corporate next year.
Sad that more of the viewing bank has gone. And can't imagine Porche would have been impressed with the rubber laid all over the track and burnt areas.
Was at Terte Rouge this year and liked it, only problem was a lack of flat area for Friday cricket!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Papa Eric
CA Veteran

Team Eric

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 09:25:45 pm »

I had not been to LM for a few years until 2015, but previously camped many times on MB. This time although I wasn't there I walked through for the sake of nostalgia and could have cried. There was absolutely no element of the MB I remember and loved. It was pretty much an empty space by historic standards and I could see no spirit there at all. Never again is MB for me I am sad to say.

Seems to me that Epinettes is too much of a hike for my old bones with the need to enter the circuit through ticket barriers each time to add insult to injury. From my amblings Entree Est (is that where HA goes to?) was mainly French, the roadside of Epinettes had a large German contingent and Houx looked fairly British.

From what I can read up, Houx offers marked and numbered pitches with electric hook up for all and may (can anyone confirm?) be inside the entry gates.

Looking forward to more info on camping so come on guys.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 01:40:01 pm »

So......

Do I understand  correctly, on MB....(correct me if I am wrong)

There were unsold marked pitches,
Significant aritacts such as armchairs, gazebos etc were left behind.
Material including armchairs etc were set alight.
There were people racng cars around the site
There were thefts (I'd like to know more Lorry)

So, all in all, MB is NOT somewhere that I, or by the sound of it, other CAers want to stay.

However, I do hope that MB is open next year and that all the people who were responsible for these behaviours stay there, and not where I will be.  Evil

Aricus

You'd be wrong about CA's not wanting to be there, for many years MB was the site CA went to. It has had problems, and NO site is immune to thefts, rubbish/items left and twattish behaviour. I did not see things set alight, but I wasn't there the Sunday night. MB has always been tarmac'd, and for that reason, people have have spririted fun with their cars, previous years it has mostly been a bit of cruising/showing off. This year, because of the lack of campers I firmly believe the twunts were out to play.

Every campsite has it's arseholes. All anyone has to do is buy a GA ticket, and they have access to the campsite. Thefts do not have to be from those staying on the site. Security all over bugger off at 3pm on the Sunday, so you can see why 'enclosed' camps with own security are becoming popular

Wooosh!!!!
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »

DFH report here, if anything our main goal always has been to be on MB for the race weekend. spend time drinking a cold one next to passing corvette's is the way we want to experience Le Mans

This year we where forced to look elsewhere due to the Porsche involvement and opted for Houx, with Neil, Martini and Steve.

positives:
good flat ground
good drainage
free electric hook-ups
warm showers in the building with acceptable que-ing all week
friendly campsite control
we saw more of other track bits than ever
good athmosphere
good friends around in former MB campers like the Gloucester boys etc
not many people passing through for the race, so relatively secure from pikies and stealing scum

negatives:
no  closeness to the track (although 10-15 mins walk is same for people on BN), and in those 15mins we are at Tertre Rouge or exit of the Dunlop, pretty good viewing there compared to MB
some campsite areas more dusty and some standing water after the showers on friday, so location is a bit variable

all in all for next year we will aim to go to Houx again

far away from camp Carnage
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 05:23:05 pm »

You are missing one of the best sites if you ignore BN, and Camp C'Arnage.

+'s

5/6 minutes flat walk to the entry gate.
Security patrolling well into Sunday night and gate still manned 9 o'clock Monday morning.
Camping in large group discourages thieves, there's always some one around, it's to risky so they go elsewhere.
One instance of a mobile phone theft that I heard about at other end of the site, but probably lost while pissed.
Except for Friday night not that noisy, and at least you don't get techno pap, OAP's in caravans camping next to us for the fourth year running without any complaints.
Company of a large amount of CAer's.
Good mix of people, Brits, Dutch, French, Czech, a few Germans, but we know them!
Very easy to get in and out of, especially Friday and Sunday night

-'s

Could do with more showers and bogs, but not to bad if you pick your times.
Catches the wind, Tuesday putting up tent in 40mph gusting 50 was a challenge.
Can be dusty if dry.
You have to ignore the helicopters during race times, bit Apocalypse Now at times.
Lot of glass and nails around pitches after the Moto 24, but easily cleared, just avoid the burnt patches.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: