Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 04:06:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum nicknames  (Read 20491 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2006, 12:27:20 pm »

We had some discussion on Camp Smokie (er - that's a place, not my new name!) about losing the forum nicknames by which we are known in favour of our real names.

ISTR that this came up a few years back and some people changed then.

Your name can be changed within your profile, in Account Related Settings

Personally I'm quite used to my alias, and I prefer to remember and refer to some people by their nick than their real name, as nicknames tend to be more unique!

I guess all that I would ask is that anyone who is changing their forum name should for a limited time show their old name, either in brackets after their new name, or at the bottom of their post.

smokie, aka smokie  Smiley
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:48:34 pm »

Done!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 12:52:28 pm »

You ask this now? knowing that I went to the considerable expense of getting my forum name put on my T-shirt Roll Eyes . Well thank you very much Smokie Angry

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 01:24:46 pm »

Mine is my name  Wink

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 01:36:23 pm »

I've always used my real name, because I couldn't think of a nickname that sounded suitable. But since Le Mans I have been renamed to Wrong Way. There's a story behind it of course: we drove from the heart of Paris to Le Mans and simply followed Julian's black 307, equiped with satnav.

After 10 minutes we were still behind a black 307. With French instead of Dutch plates. Bluffing my way into French geography, I told the driver to follow the Rouen signs which was....the Wrong Way.

I'll stick to Pieter if you don't mind.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 05:14:24 pm by Pieter » Logged
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 02:04:32 pm »

I've always used my real name, because I couldn't think of a nickname that sounded suitable. But since Le Mans I have been renamed to Wrong Way. There's a story behind it of course: we drove from the heart of Paris to Le Mans and simply followed Julian's black 307, equipped with satnav.

After 10 minutes we were still behind a black 307. With French instead of Dutch plates. Bluffing my way into French geografy, I told the driver to follow the Rouen signs which was....the Wrong Way.

I'll stick to Pieter if you don't mind.

Maybe you should make PieterPieter in view of TomTom
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 02:11:22 pm »

I have to pass the noring Rhino title over to Brad as he managed to disturb most of our deck on the boat home with his Snoring (nice short name is'nt it!)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 02:12:16 pm »

well, since I STILL keep getting lost-ish I'll stick with Perdu. (unless a change becomes compulsory or advisable)

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 02:13:05 pm »

I cheat.

I can see that there are some that need to remain anonymous untill they build up some confidence etc, but does it really matter

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 02:30:02 pm »

Done!

Andy, can we just shorten you nickname to "Formerly" Wink
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 05:11:21 pm »

After much cogitation, deliberation, consideration and rumination, I have decided to change my forum name of Steve Brown to my real name.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Fax
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 05:20:01 pm »

After this morning's little confrontation, I'm kind of liking what KPY called me...Hillbilly Bush!
Yehaaa! Think I'll grab me some Red Man chew and head on down to the fish'in hole and see if I can't wrestle me up some catfish, what time does the NASCAR race come on? Wohoo! Go get'em Dale!
Fax
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 08:08:22 pm »

There's one problem with changing our screenames to our true names...........in my case there seems to be a plethora of Andys on here .........so afterall I will stick with Wishy.....just makes it easier instead of having andy!(bit like obi!),andy2 etc Cool
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 08:21:17 pm »

might be missing something here, but to summarise, Smokie aka Geoff Morgan, Gab aka Chicken George and Mark aka Mark, plus others, Canada Phil aka unkown, at some stage during Le Mans at the Golden Triangle aka the part of MB aka Maison Blanche that has the temporary ablution facilities had a chat about our monikers and felt that we should change to using our real names.

Firstly, does the said grouping constitute a corum that have the power to make said changes and secondly, were they in a fit state to make said decisions?

Every time that I may or may not have seen them, they certainly were not in any state to make any decision other than, make mine a large'en, and 'scuse me vicar for that un-gentleman sound.

FS aka Ferrari Spider.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 10:34:05 pm »

I refuse to bend to pressure from person(s) who dont get involved in the forum and have very little understanding of the concept. 

I shall therefore be retaining my current nickname, thanks very much!  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: