Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 09:34:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well that's the ferry booked!  (Read 20382 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 02:43:25 pm »

It's Newhaven-Dieppe for us as well. Out on Wednesday morning at 01:00 return Sunday night at around 23:30ish.

Cost for car + 4 + trailer + cabin both ways is £235.

Brittany Pirates wanted nearer £700 for similar crossings!
Same for us (SPS -Robbo, on his bike with Speedferries) Great price, taking a Tranie, TR4 and VW Campervan for about £550 with cabins for all. See you in the bar.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 03:14:46 pm »

IIRC, you can change the car quite easily. As long as you don't book for a mini and then want to take a van for no extra charge.
i thought it was concrete.......... hhhmmmm think ill get booking asap

Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

Team Booze'n'tabs will be on that ferry, returning 00.30 monday! The bar will be open. They are crap at loading, last year they didn't start loading till after the advertised departure time..

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 03:33:32 pm »

LD Lines. Portsmouth - Le Harve.

Out Sunday 9th overnight
Return Tuesday 17th afternoon. (After a night of civilisation in a hotel somewhere like Dinard or St Malo)

Cost £97!! Grin Grin Grin

You could be in a spot of bother there PP - it's either the sunday, or it's the 9th, but not both - not in June (this year) anyway!!

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 03:50:40 pm »

Its Sunday the 8th... silly me Wink

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 03:53:55 pm »

IIRC, you can change the car quite easily. As long as you don't book for a mini and then want to take a van for no extra charge.
LD lines let you change vehicle or passengers but charge £10 for each change.

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 04:00:58 pm »

Out Sunday 9th overnight
Return Tuesday 17th afternoon. (After a night of civilisation in a hotel somewhere like Dinard or St Malo)

Good price LPP but are you returning from Le Harve?  Dinard and St Malo are great places to stay, but are quite a haul from Le Harve.  Honfleur would be a better bet if you want some civilisation before the return trip home...
I want to show Lady PP some of the sights, as all she has seen of France is Arnage, Le Mans centre and the roads to LM from the ferry at speed. Oh and the inside of the hypermarkets.

May do Honfleur but I have stayed in Dinard loads of times so am rather fond of it. Also the Mont is on the way back and there cant be many things like that in Tasmania!! (Thats where she is from)

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 04:02:37 pm »

LD lines let you change vehicle or passengers but charge £10 for each change.

Hmm, not strictly the case LPP

Last year I didn't have Bill2s name on the tickets but the girl at their office suggested I just go to the terminal and advise the booking hand at the ferry. I did that and there was no charge, yet another reason to make LD lines my ferry of choice.

Red Tape? huh! a pox on it sirrah.

But I still havent got settled on a day to travel yet, might be Wednesday out Newhaven to Le Havre and home via Le Havre to Pompey...Tuesday return, might be with ya in the bar yet PP

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 06:05:42 pm »

I think it's a case of if you phone up to amend your booking you will be charged,  if you do it at the port when you arrive and it's a "no cost" change, ie same num of pax and same size car, same crossing etc, then they do it there and then, usually free.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 06:34:32 pm »

Out Sunday 9th overnight

Good price LPP but are you returning from Le Harve?  Dinard and St Malo are great places to stay, but are quite a haul from Le Harve.  Honfleur would be a better bet if you want some civilisation before the return trip home...
I want to show Lady PP some of the sights, as all she has seen of France is Arnage, Le Mans centre and the roads to LM from the ferry at speed. Oh and the inside of the hypermarkets.

May do Honfleur but I have stayed in Dinard loads of times so am rather fond of it. Also the Mont is on the way back and there cant be many things like that in Tasmania!! (Thats where she is from)

Dinard is a fantastic place to stay after the race.  In the days before marriage and kids I used to have much more sedate itinerary involving sailing into St Malo a couple of days before the race and returning a few days after the race after more time in Dinard - bliss.  These days though Mrs Oldtimer doesn't like me to use up too much of the precious holiday allowance (and money) on trips to LM - it holds no fascination for her at all.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 09:18:14 pm »

Out Sunday 9th overnight

After a week of noise, camping and drunkenness it's good o roll up somewhere like Dinard, get a nice hotel with a decent shower, have a couple of cheeky ones outside the bar on the promenade, move over to Davy's Bar on the corner for a couple of their cocktails and home made caramel vodka shots.... then on to one of the many superb and very reasonable restaurants. (Do you remember the one where you cooked your own meat and fish on red hot lumps of granite at your table?) Shame thats gone! Sad
Bar Fonda is also good for after dinner as its normally full of all the local totty Wink to glance at through the weary bloodshot I usually possess after a week in a field in the company of likeminded people!!
I took the yanks that camped with us there last year as they offered fuel, hotel and dinner/drinks in exchange for a lift to the ferry. They loved it..... as did I Grin
PP

Dinard is a fantastic place to stay after the race.  In the days before marriage and kids I used to have much more sedate itinerary involving sailing into St Malo a couple of days before the race and returning a few days after the race after more time in Dinard - bliss.  These days though Mrs Oldtimer doesn't like me to use up too much of the precious holiday allowance (and money) on trips to LM - it holds no fascination for her at all.

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 11:05:51 am »

I left it too late this year but I've now booked Speedferries out 10.45 on Thursday 12th and back 20.40 Monday 16th

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 05:13:41 pm »

Out Sunday 9th overnight

After a week of noise, camping and drunkenness it's good o roll up somewhere like Dinard, get a nice hotel with a decent shower, have a couple of cheeky ones outside the bar on the promenade, move over to Davy's Bar on the corner for a couple of their cocktails and home made caramel vodka shots.... then on to one of the many superb and very reasonable restaurants. (Do you remember the one where you cooked your own meat and fish on red hot lumps of granite at your table?) Shame thats gone! Sad
Bar Fonda is also good for after dinner as its normally full of all the local totty Wink to glance at through the weary bloodshot I usually possess after a week in a field in the company of likeminded people!!
I took the yanks that camped with us there last year as they offered fuel, hotel and dinner/drinks in exchange for a lift to the ferry. They loved it..... as did I Grin
PP

I too have a soft spot for Dinard, other than the fact that last time I was there someone had a soft spot for my car and reversed into it causing £1500 worth of damage. Needless to say they fu-cked off without leaving driver details.  Angry

Oh and Rex, I don't know if you recall but last year Team Zarse met up with Rusty and about a dozen of The Brethren. We all spent a pleasant four or five hours sat outside a bar on Honfleur Harbour drinking cold beer till the wee small hours. I can't remember if you were there or not, but it had finally stopped raining and was a very nice way to round things off. Whilst the Gimp was quite disappointed at the lack of prostitution in a supposed dockyard, Honfleur gets my vote every time.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 05:23:50 pm »

Monsieur Pen wasn't with us that evening Mr. Z , he stayed on for continued mirth and merriment being a damned nuisance on the campsite. We're back off to Rouen for this year Andy, there's a couple of Euro games on that evening, so it'll be a touch of footy, some Guinness in the Irish bar no doubt, followed by some of Rouens finest.

Rusty
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 05:26:44 pm by The Brethren » Logged

The Brethren Rock
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 09:43:33 pm »

Sounds like it was a good night as Mr Zarse does not remember who was present!!! Grin

One year we will do it but not this one. If I feel anything like I did last year on Sunday morning then driving will not be highest on the agenda!!

I blame that all on Bill and The Nuns!!!!!!!!! Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: