Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 01:04:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well that's the ferry booked!  (Read 20421 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2009, 03:25:19 pm »

........and parking with a caravan is no fun. 

With you there, Lorry.  You can get round to the Air Balloon and park up with a 'van - a right sh*t-hole of a pub but the beer isn't (or wasn't) bad.

We got caught going down last year, in a french village looking for coffee and coissant .  I had to reverse the caravan about 10 foot up a footpath and then drive off up the pavement.

Why is there nowhere decent en route to stop for breakfast?

We've been caught out in several places over the years - both parking and the petit dejeuner offered.  Don't bother now - just get to LM, pitch up then relax with a beer.  Grin

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2009, 03:46:21 pm »

........and parking with a caravan is no fun. 

With you there, Lorry.  You can get round to the Air Balloon and park up with a 'van - a right sh*t-hole of a pub but the beer isn't (or wasn't) bad.

We got caught going down last year, in a french village looking for coffee and coissant .  I had to reverse the caravan about 10 foot up a footpath and then drive off up the pavement.

Why is there nowhere decent en route to stop for breakfast?

We've been caught out in several places over the years - both parking and the petit dejeuner offered.  Don't bother now - just get to LM, pitch up then relax with a beer.  Grin

Del
 My plan for the caravan fry up is mainly to keep the whining of "I'm Hungry" to a minimum. I have two of them with me this year so feeding is not optional Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2009, 04:04:52 pm »

I've booked the ferry for £50!
P&O Dover - Calais - Out 11/06 at 06:00 and Return 15/06 at 20:40, Car plus 2.

Tickets paid for weeks ago, now just gotta wait for June.....

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2009, 08:05:38 pm »

Just booked on Norfolkline via FerryCheap.com - £38 return. The deal is here for ex-Speedferries' customers.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2009, 11:24:15 pm »

Ferries are a pain this year as LD Lines seem to have reduced the service from Newhaven.  Couldn;t go to Le Mans last year but the year before came back Le Havre to Newhaven, which was an excellent option.

Looks like I'll be doing Dover - Calias this year.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2009, 12:13:49 pm »

Ferries are a pain this year as LD Lines seem to have reduced the service from Newhaven.  Couldn;t go to Le Mans last year but the year before came back Le Havre to Newhaven, which was an excellent option.

Have you thought about LD lines Dover-Boulogne route? Currently around £45 return car + 2 out Weds back Mon for LM weekend.
pool pugilist

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2009, 09:17:58 pm »

Same as last year for us, Portsmouth - St Malo on the Wednesday night and back Monday after with Brittany Ferries, I know its more expensive but hey....think of the BAR TIME!! Sh*t, Shower, Shave and Breakfast on the boat Thursday morning landing at a decent 8ish, get to Le Man about 11.00am....Very Civilised  Grin

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2009, 10:42:38 pm »

Have you thought about LD lines Dover-Boulogne route? Currently around £45 return car + 2 out Weds back Mon for LM weekend.

Yes but want to come back Sunday evening!  So contemplating LDLines Dover - Boulogne out, and P and O calais-Dover back.

Pondered Norfolk Line to Dunkirk but its an extra 30 minutes in the car each way!
Anyway must book something!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2009, 01:31:44 pm »

Only just got round to booking.

Dover - Calais.

Out. Tuesday 9th    22:15.

Return.  Monday 15th   15:00.

Same price as last year Cool
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:34:01 pm by Bob U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: