Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 05:33:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry Steve B, I think you are wrong for censorship  (Read 22827 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 01:08:35 pm »

CA tee-shirts are a bit naff really - they are, you know - a bit crap, when all's said and done.

It's just occurred to me that you probably think that for the simple reason they don't make one big enough to fit you, you fat American twat. How about a Club Arnage Zeppelin cover, would that be of any interest?

* WW.jpg (16.93 KB, 280x402 - viewed 331 times.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 01:22:13 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 01:11:10 pm »

It's getting more like PistonHeads on here every day!

And breathe...............

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 01:37:25 pm »

Keeping it brief, and with a voice of vague reason, the latest CA financial position is here: http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=8146.0.  

In essence, there is about £2000 in the bank, which means that CA is where it set out to be - namely, it is financially viable, with enough in hand to fund the server and have the funds in reserve to cover 12 months.  To avoid the "oh sh*t the server is about to close, oh god we can't let that happen" that we had last year.  Calendars alone won't cover that.  

Very little - deliberately - has been "formalised".  All that has happened is that a few CA people (herinafter and thereunto supposedly called "the Committee") gave some of their time to manage raising funds for the server.  That's all.  No nannying.  No tyrannical organisation.  No party-pooping.  No censorship (that's the mods).  No charity stuff (that's Doris's and I, for one, wouldn't tread on her toes).   

Just doing it so that all of us CAers continue to have a site that people can contribute freely to on any subject, at any time, within some vague boundaries, and without logging on only to find that it has shut down.  As a gentle reminder -  The purpose of Club Arnage is to provide a web-based forum, that is renowned for friendship, openness, humour, honest information and the absence of advertising and commercial gain, as a home for any individuals who share many and various dreams and interests that make up the Le Mans 24-hour race, and much else that takes their fancy besides.

So please don't blame what has happened recently on the "Committee" - it has done sod all to create the latest dummy spitting contest or lack of thread subject variety.  

Flak Jacket on....sense of humour firmly in place.....best get back now to laughing about BigH's latest medical problem and the latest work comedy of planning what we can scrape together from the latest pathetic settlement called the Defence Budget, granted us by a grateful government. Grin Grin Grin

MG Mark

* leadership.JPG (28.15 KB, 570x192 - viewed 436 times.)

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 01:39:25 pm »

i also feel it is bad to censor this subject, people are allowed to have there say good or bad just keep the wording clean and the insults to a minimum.

Both cases are have there point, so let the people who cancel there orders do so, but put them up for sale again and let other people wear them with pride. Del you should not have to foot the bill for these errors, but i understand that the printer has done his most to help you out, so show him the thread on here unless he is made from glass, he will understand peoples comments and see what he can do to modify the shirts so they can be re-sold. To people going to Le-mans and do not need the shirts in a hurry.

I will buy 1 if there are any extra left.

oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 02:07:49 pm »

There are some great people (and a handful of ar$eholes) who contribute on here - come on, let's get the character and banter back.
Am I alone in my views on this subject?   

In the old days (christ did really I say that?) sometimes the online banter could spill over into personal insult and gratuitous nastiness; indeed Matt, Fax, Oldtimer, Monkey and many others including myself have torn ruddy great lumps out of each other on several occasions. It was great!! However, I believe we did it with a degree of mutual respect and friendship.

Andy - don't worry I am sure that once the inclement weather in this particular tea-cup has passed we will be able to resume hostilities again!  You are right - it was great and you are right about the mutual respect/friendship thing too.

Wink
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 02:33:49 pm »

As a bit of a lurker, I have read all the posts with a certain amount of eager glee.

This stuff is somewhat ironically, very funny indeed.

Now what? - About 3 threads continuing the debate over some T Shirts where an extra R is inserted. I can see the guys' points about not paying for something that is not fit for purpose etc. - BUT it's a T Shirt for freaks sake, it does serve it's purpose as a T Shirt and it does what it says on the tin. Well, its says ClubArnarge on the tin!

In fact no-body has died and no-body is really out of pocket by a life changing amount of cash, I would imagine

Grown men arguing about this fact does have a comedy value to it and although I do not agree with censorship, this is really not what the forum is for and you all should see the funny side and move on. Let's hope the other guy's can kiss and make up in Sebring and come back with clear heads and news and views of Sports Car Racing - that' what it's about!

Bring on the 14th June !

PS. All new threads should have extra letters inserted in the tropic tritles!

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 02:42:47 pm »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions - something perhaps I initially did not take into account.  Equally, everyone has a different way of conducting a transaction, whether that be a verbal discourse or a business deal, and the progression of that transaction depends largely on the relationship between those concerned in the transaction.  In this particular case, I was the one conducting a business transaction, and progressed it as I saw fit in the circumstances at the time.

I agree with many of the comments expressed on this forum on this and every other topic, and again equally, I disagree with many comments. I’m sure all other people on the forum do likewise.  We must surely, though, have a common aim - to keep CA a fun place to be, and to ensure that it continues as an entity.  It may be that the way chosen 12 months ago is not the best way to achieve this – but that is subject to a separate discussion.

As a wrap (hopefully) to the T-shirt saga, please see the ‘Orders’ thread where I have posted a solution to the problem.

Del

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 03:50:21 pm by DelBoy » Logged

Team Delboy Racing
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 03:38:37 pm »

Ohh boy, I am gone to the US for a few days and this forum has turned apeshit!!!

As far as the shirt goes Del, I will accept the one with the printing mistake, but also would like to have a proper one.

Concerning the comments by members; some of you need to seriously grow up and get a life Angry

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 03:48:27 pm »

Thanks Roy

Will add another to the order book for you.  Same specification?? 

Del

Team Delboy Racing
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 04:17:54 pm »

CA tee-shirts are a bit naff really - they are, you know - a bit crap, when all's said and done.

you fat American twat.

Whats wrong with being a fat American twat?

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 04:22:18 pm »

It's getting more like PistonHeads on here every day!

And breathe...............
i thought they had closed down or the main members have now left PH  Huh

ive not logged on for a few days and the (sh*t hits the fan!)

what the hell is going on FFS

now stop

Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 04:25:03 pm »

To be honest I'm not too happy about finding out that the printing is inkjet iron-on stuff, because it is usually also iron-off. Contrary to many of the men here, I actually DO iron my shirts before wearing them Grin

Anyway, since mine's a 'special made' shirt I'll take it as it is and not be bothered about the misspelling.

@Knetter: I would love to get a live, but PLEASE do not make me grow up  angel

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 04:29:45 pm »

you fat American twat.

Whats wrong with being a fat American twat?
Nothing at all when your name's Randy Pruett.  Wink

Everything when you really come from Yorkshire!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 04:43:38 pm »

Thanks Roy

Will add another to the order book for you.  Same specification?? 

Del

Yes, please!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 04:44:33 pm »

@Knetter: I would love to get a wife, but PLEASE do not make me grow up  angel

Huh

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: