Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 03:28:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1041532 times)
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: May 15, 2008, 10:37:30 pm »

There used to be 2 Pacers rotting in a garden in Lymington....
Yes, one door was bigger than the other and I believe it was the passenger door. Possibly to allow the more obese in the car to be able to get in and out.  They were released to rival the likes of Jaguar in the luxury market but had about as much success as the Nissan 300C.

The Javelin was somewhat different!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 19, 2008, 12:13:54 am »

Some more info here about that TV detector van.

http://www.britishtelephones.com/vehicles/lightvans/023.htm

And remember that lunatic who was rebuilding the last remaining TV detector Commer from that awful rusted out shell? Well what an amazing piece of workmanship to get to this...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 22, 2008, 11:25:37 am »

BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 22, 2008, 11:58:09 am »

I take it from this that you're not  having the annual Neville Chamberlein moment Cry
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:00:40 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 22, 2008, 12:02:15 pm »

Something vexes thee?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 22, 2008, 02:16:14 pm »

I'm a tadge riled chaps, yes. Annoyed almost. The master cylinder is defying ever known law of physics and despite being stripped and rebuilt it's refusing to work for some unapparent reason.  It's a viscous evil bastard of a hydraulic pump. Angry

Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 22, 2008, 02:20:21 pm »

Large hammer andy!!!!!

Bring on the low flyers
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1687 on: May 22, 2008, 02:20:52 pm »

I'm a tadge riled chaps, yes. Annoyed almost. The master cylinder is defying ever known law of physics and despite being stripped and rebuilt it's refusing to work for some unapparent reason.  It's a viscous evil bastard of a hydraulic pump. Angry

Andy is the master cylinder the same as a Triumph Hearld (Lucas type), if so may have a spare one.

Let me know

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 22, 2008, 02:26:50 pm »

Andy is the master cylinder the same as a Triumph Hearld (Lucas type), if so may have a spare one.

Let me know

Thanks mate! No, all the wetched electrics are all Lucas, but did you mean Lockheed, for it is that. It a unit with the fluid reservoir "bottle" built in surrounding the cylinder itself. Do you have a photo?

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1689 on: May 22, 2008, 02:47:26 pm »

Let me know

Thanks mate! No, all the wetched electrics are all Lucas, but did you mean Lockheed, for it is that. It a unit with the fluid reservoir "bottle" built in surrounding the cylinder itself. Do you have a photo?

The part is Girling 5/8 - Part No 310340

it looks like the one on the right

I'll have a look think i might have a complete one.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 22, 2008, 02:51:07 pm »

Angry Grrr! So close, but I don't think it would fit without some modifications. Thanks so much for the offer though, muchly appreciated.   Cheesy

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 22, 2008, 02:55:20 pm »

OK O guru of Commerology

the master cylinder, when you stripped it was the bore Ok or somewhat elderly lines appearing on its/her age mellowed face?

Are you "absolutely" sure you put the new rubber on he right way round (No dont laugh I have done it and it looked proper job, you know!)

And have you tried Pressure bleeding it after leaving the furthest away slave cylinder bleed nipple open? Overnght if necessary...

Do you have a pressure bleeder (Eezibleed)?

If not and you'd like to have a borrow of mine if you are able to get to Gaydon Heritage museum on Saturday I can let you take it away and gimmee it back at HA

Any use?

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 22, 2008, 04:49:19 pm »

Unlike it's owner who is indeed beginning to leak, the bore is okay and the rubber seal fits nicely and it's not perished. The rubber "cup" is on the right way (I think!), with the cup pointing down into the fluid in the cyl, with the base firmly on the piston. The problem seems to be that the fluid won't flow from the reservoir into the cyl. It was all pretty gunky so I'm gonna try blowing it through with a high pressure air hose to see if summat gopes pop.

Thanks for the advice though, you can't beat experience!

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 22, 2008, 10:53:02 pm »

If it isnt draining through a "little" HP air might help, specially if the other end (farthest away from the master) bleeder is open

I hope this gets sorted

I am hoping to actually meet the gentle Commer this year after larning so much about her over the years.

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 22, 2008, 11:14:33 pm »

Hope the air line clears it and makes it all dandy again.
I am seeing my eccentric scrap yard owning mate tomorrow who seems to have or know how to fix anything.
In his "out of bounds" sheds lurk all sorts of NOS "new old stock" (not fast gas) parts from years gone by... will keep you updated.
I hope my airflow meter stripping antics yesterday dont fail me. She still runs fine and all the little wires were ok.
Belts and tensioner change on Sunday should prove interesting.. Record is 2 hours.
Should I do the water pump too? Last Nissan outing in the Black Estate involved pump failure 2 days after belt change, meaning all had to come off again to get to it... 2 days before departure for LM Angry
I think thats a yes!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: