Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 04:57:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1041367 times)
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1815 on: June 29, 2008, 10:04:01 am »

This is indeed sad news. 

To me the Commer had become part of the whole seen not just this thread but the whole event.

When she rolled of the production line some 38  years ago it was to provide a family with many holidays or may be it became someones home.  Then for the last few years is has been a great celebrity at many events and always getting Team Zarse to Le Mans in Style.

Even this year it got most of the way there and if I may be so bold as to suggest the only reason it didn't make the last few yards was due to the fatigue of Team Zarse.  The cause of the failure was not really mechanical. 

I hope a new loving owner can be found for the old girl.

It was a privilege to know her.  When I saw her parked in Rouen on the Sunday night after the race little did I know that would most likely the the last time I would see the fine old girl.

May be there is still hope after all Derek Bell announced he was retiring from Le Mans only to return the following year  and he is a lot older than the Commer.

As for the Thread title,  I don't think there is anything that can replace the Commer.  I'd like to suggest that this thread be moved to it's own Board as permanent memorial to this amazing machine.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 29, 2008, 11:10:05 am »

I may have found a solution to safe parking for the old girl and still keeping a watchfull eye over the le Mans proceedings.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: June 29, 2008, 11:35:37 am »

Theres a white Commer for sale in Preston at the moment. I think the asking price is about £4000 though !
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: June 30, 2008, 11:05:55 am »

Well, I think it's a disgrace, you're a lightweight and a quitter.

Never mind all this eulogising about the Commer and how great she's been, it seems to me you bought her for a song (in much the same way that a Thai bride can be bought on e-bay these days) and treated her in a manner that anyone with any self respect should be ashamed of. You tarted her up for one or two 'high' times a year then sent her back, like a buggered cinderella, to some fetid dog sh*t littered corner of a field to collect rats and milldew till you decided you needed to use her again. Frankly, it's the sort of behaviour you might expect from an Austrian.

I'm not surprised she conked out on the way to Le Mans this year, you probably got your rohypnol-Redex ratio wrong and what you fished out of the fuel tank was, I'd say, the tattered and shredded remains the poor girls once proudly treasured hymen. You've used and abused her for twenty pieces of silver Zarse, and now you've had your pleasure she's going to be cast aside like an umbrella hoisting football manager with porcelain teeth.

H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: June 30, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

You have such a way with words H. I hope the day never comes when you are pensioned off.  I'm off to put on dry underwear- a classic rant! Smiley Cheesy

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1820 on: June 30, 2008, 02:41:42 pm »

Never mind all this eulogising about the Commer and how great she's been, it seems to me you bought her for a song (in much the same way that a Thai bride can be bought on e-bay these days) and treated her in a manner that anyone with any self respect should be ashamed of. You tarted her up for one or two 'high' times a year then sent her back, like a buggered cinderella, to some fetid dog sh*t littered corner of a field to collect rats and milldew till you decided you needed to use her again. Frankly, it's the sort of behaviour you might expect from an Austrian.

I'm not surprised she conked out on the way to Le Mans this year, you probably got your rohypnol-Redex ratio wrong and what you fished out of the fuel tank was, I'd say, the tattered and shredded remains the poor girls once proudly treasured hymen. You've used and abused her for twenty pieces of silver Zarse, and now you've had your pleasure she's going to be cast aside like an umbrella hoisting football manager with porcelain teeth.

H

Thanks Big H.

Made me think of this -

" Me..... get rid of the commer! "

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 03:20:22 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1821 on: June 30, 2008, 03:36:39 pm »

If it is ever desired to retire the venerable Commer (or restrict it to supporting historic race meetings) the modern equivalents may be at hand......... Grin

In best Iain Paisley voice,  Never, Never, Never!!

The Commer is immortal, didn't you know?
What happened to the man who was so sure never to replace his fine machine? Huh  Cry

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: June 30, 2008, 03:41:43 pm »

Marius, you either have a brilliant memory or you spent hours trawling the whole Commer thread.

A quote from 2003 wow.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: June 30, 2008, 03:41:55 pm »

Thank you Marius.
I sense a changing of the tide here, and if I'm right it'll not be long before the villagers are streaming through the streets with their flaming torches and pitchforks held high, baying and barking on their way up the rock strewn slopes to Zarse Towers. Hanging's too good for the b*stard.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1824 on: June 30, 2008, 04:17:41 pm »

Marius, you either have a brilliant memory or you spent hours trawling the whole Commer thread.

A quote from 2003 wow.
First page of this thread Bob Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: June 30, 2008, 05:10:44 pm »

H

I have no defense to offer H, your rapier intellect and keen vocabulary has sliced my case open like a common hippopotamus. It's true, like the dumb-as-dogshit blonde secretary with whom one can have an longterm affair, I've neglected and put upon the Commer over the years, doing just enough at the right time to ensure loyalty for a little bit longer.

I suppose I could trot out some platitudes here, like Porcelain Toothed Umbrella Man's predecessor Sven Urine Ericsson used to, but it's not really my style. So I'll just lie on the grass and take the Neil Lennon-like shoeings whilst pocketing the massive profit I'll make upon her sale and completion. I'm even more mercenary than Nicolas Anelka me Cheesy

Fagin Zarse

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: June 30, 2008, 05:20:59 pm »

It's true, like the dumb-as-dogsh*t blonde secretary with whom one can have an longterm affair, I've neglected and put upon the Commer over the years, doing just enough at the right time to ensure loyalty for a little bit longer.

I hate to say it Mr Zarse, but in that one sentence you have just thrown a horribly revealing light on some of my own past personal relationships….    Grin

F
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: June 30, 2008, 05:23:40 pm »

I may have found a solution to safe parking for the old girl and still keeping a watchfull eye over the le Mans proceedings.

Wonderful Gary! I think I'll phone the curator tomorrow!

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: June 30, 2008, 05:26:30 pm »

It's true, like the dumb-as-dogsh*t blonde secretary with whom one can have an longterm affair, I've neglected and put upon the Commer over the years, doing just enough at the right time to ensure loyalty for a little bit longer.

I hate to say it Mr Zarse, but in that one sentence you have just thrown a horribly revealing light on some of my own past personal relationships….    Grin

F

Crikey Fran! I was going to elaborate further on these Svengali antics, but I'm glad I didn't.

Oh, and is that how the man you eloped with in Commer breadvan treated you?

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: June 30, 2008, 05:36:52 pm »

F

Crikey Fran! I was going to elaborate further on these Svengali antics, but I'm glad I didn't.

You assume too much Mr Zarse... I didnt actually say if I was the one throwing the bone or the one catching it!  Evil
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: