Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 05:21:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1041560 times)
nickliv
« Reply #1905 on: November 03, 2008, 02:56:10 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/101-LAND-ROVER-101-OVERLANDER-CAMPER_W0QQitemZ120324407518QQihZ002QQcategoryZ29748QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 03, 2008, 04:56:44 pm »

Engine's a bit on the small side   Tongue Tongue

Del

Team Delboy Racing
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 10, 2009, 11:12:04 pm »

With all the appalling weather we have had recently, juxtaposed by the anticipation of a mass CA 2009 encampment that shall be called Bleu Nord, a mental picture emerged of the Commer sitting regally amidst the carnage.  And then I realised that it has been some while now - a shade over 3 months - since we have heard anything from her custodian about how the mighty Commer was faring.  I hope that she is well .....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 10, 2009, 11:15:35 pm »

With all the appalling weather we have had recently, juxtaposed by the anticipation of a mass CA 2009 encampment that shall be called Bleu Nord, a mental picture emerged of the Commer sitting regally amidst the carnage.  And then I realised that it has been some while now - a shade over 3 months - since we have heard anything from her custodian about how the mighty Commer was faring.  I hope that she is well .....

MG Mark
So pleasantly worded.
Zarse... remove ones finger from wherever it may be residing and put those plans we discussed into action.
Thats an order!
PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 11, 2009, 01:35:05 pm »

To tell the truth gents, recently I've been ignoring the wretched vehicle's very existence. It's sat outside as usual, though not in long grass, it's paint peeling and rubber perishing. It won't start as the battery's flat. The back brakes only work on one side, causing me to apply considerable countersteer when braking. It's also leaking like a sieve and is full of mildew. I last drove it the week before xmas when I moved house, we tow started it with my brother's Discovery. I'm not sure i can be bothered with any more.  Sad

We'll have to see if my mood changes in spring, but if not I'll have it towed away.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: February 11, 2009, 09:37:11 pm »

Go on!!! BN is calling out for the commer  Shocked

They have lumps of what round the back???
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: February 11, 2009, 09:38:11 pm »

Oh dear.  And with such a grand gathering of CAers on BN this year....

But, I think we have been here before a few times before dealing with this dispiriting approach - pages 123 and 124 of the thread concerning last year's attendance are relevant, along with Marius's reference therein, which takes one all the way back to page 1 of this epic thread and is particularly enlightening, betraying just how far Mr Z has fallen.  After all the threats about the curse of the Commer being visited upon infidel unbelievers, I am surprised that Mr Z is exposing himself to such danger, in such a cavalier fashion.....

Lord PP, you alluded to plans discussed previously with Mr Z and exhorted him to take action - would you care to elaborate on the plans for the benefit of our readers?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 11, 2009, 10:14:02 pm »

Go on!!! BN is calling out for the commer  Shocked
Bearing in mind what Andy went through last year, shouldn't that be BIN is caling out for the Commer?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: February 11, 2009, 10:39:01 pm »

Lord PP, you alluded to plans discussed previously with Mr Z and exhorted him to take action - would you care to elaborate on the plans for the benefit of our readers?

MG Mark

I would love to disclose details of the plans myself and Mr Z discussed over several measures of Harveys but I'm afraid that it may incur the wrath of the Commer and The Gimp.
If I told you I would have to kill you... and thats not really very nice, is it. Grin
I shall let Mr Z take this further.....

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 12, 2009, 10:21:09 pm »

I would love to disclose details of the plans myself and Mr Z discussed over several measures of Harveys but I'm afraid that it may incur the wrath of the Commer and The Gimp.
If I told you I would have to kill you... and thats not really very nice, is it. Grin
I shall let Mr Z take this further.....

Wise and temperate words indeed, one would not wish to tempt fate.  Mr Z is probably doing that enough already....

MG Mark

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: February 12, 2009, 11:11:24 pm »

She's looking a bit down at heel just now but here's what she looked like when new. it's hard to imagine a druken Gimp peeing in the sink all over the washing up, but that's what happens.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: February 12, 2009, 11:20:14 pm »

Is that 54 or 34 seconds to 60 Huh

They have lumps of what round the back???
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1917 on: February 12, 2009, 11:25:13 pm »

Is that 54 or 34 seconds to 60 Huh

quicker to boil the kettle!

Hang on , wash my mouth out. - What am I saying.

It is quicker to drink a bottle of Kronenberg 1664!  Wink
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:27:55 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 12, 2009, 11:28:22 pm »

She is a beauty, The  0 - 60 is most impressive.
Should you decide to have her "towed away".. then she will be towed to my barn and reside in elderly slumber with my VW. They can chat about the old days, when they were loved and cherished and when a man put his hand under the leaky bits.
PP Cheesy

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 12, 2009, 11:39:41 pm »

it's hard to imagine a druken Gimp peeing in the sink all over the washing up, but that's what happens.

One could not Imagine him doing that ..... but FFS... in the best wisdom of British promo material of the era why did they say that tall people struggle to see out of the cab and then show a giant  behind the wheel in the pictures?.
As some of the young ladies I know now say..... derrrrr... mmmm

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: