Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 01:41:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1041499 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: February 13, 2009, 12:33:20 am »

What a marvellous turn of phrase, "without bringing too much fuss and commotion from the engine".....and the prices in £sd...

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: February 13, 2009, 01:05:06 am »

One needs three hands to choke it.... as read in the original lit. supplied by Mr Z. Shocked

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: February 13, 2009, 09:44:33 am »

Here's the rest of the article. I like the idea of the optional fridge, which I don't have. All the lovely original cabinets had been stripped out by the time I got her and some nasty homemade ones installed, which are at least functional. Gone too is the 8 gallon water tank and Whale footpump, it would be useful for rinsing weewee off the Royal Worcester teacups sat in the sink. Personally I'm not convinced keeping the calor gas cyl in the same cupboard as the battery is such a wise idea.  Huh

That Goliath man shown driving must be fully seven feet tall, and looks suspiciously like my old headmaster Bengo who was a complete freak of nature. I've no complaints about visibility other than alcohol-induced giraffes and other weird hallucinations that look back at you as you glance in the wing mirror for a last look at the disappearng Scots pines at Tetre Rouge.

Anyway I thought it was all quite interesting in it's own sweet way.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:50:07 am by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1923 on: February 13, 2009, 06:45:41 pm »

Maybe we should give the old girl a Viking funeral on BN  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: February 13, 2009, 09:48:54 pm »

Maybe we should give the old girl a Viking funeral on BN Grin

Now that sounds like a good plan Grin Give some of a chance to see her in the flesh.

They have lumps of what round the back???
nickliv
« Reply #1925 on: February 14, 2009, 07:50:42 am »

Commer wanderer - does that refer in any way to the vagueness of the steering?
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: April 21, 2009, 11:55:55 pm »

The good Mr Zarse appears to be truly unresponsive this year to pleas for resurrecting the Commer from her slumbers for this year's Le Mans http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=9530.0.  I seem to remember that he was particularly recalcitrant before finally deciding that she should go last year.  This year, he appears to have finally given up any semblance of commitment probably with a view to transporting himself there in some devilish rice-burner or something similar. 

So, although ignoring the title of the thread in terms of a truly relevant post, perhaps the time has come to use the thread as the opportunity to share examples of truly, truly, utterly crap cars that he should be cursed with, given that he has resorted to wanton abandonment of the magnificent Commer.  Shall we start with this one?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1927 on: April 22, 2009, 03:47:20 pm »

.... a Dutch masterpiece, the Daf 33

Steve East Anglian cobras

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1928 on: April 22, 2009, 04:02:58 pm »

Is this Houx Annex in the early days? -

Is that a young Bob U in the pic (if so, guess which one?)
Ah the good ol Maxi - in that great British Racing Beige colour
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:05:47 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 22, 2009, 04:53:40 pm »

Ah, the good old days of HA.

Crap cars? Oh yes, I had one of these, and what a pile of sh*t it really was. Any hint of moisture in the air and tha bastard thing didn't want to know. It would cut out if I drove through a puddle. WD40? I used to buy it by the crate. A truly awful car although I believe the Mexico was a bit special.

* popular plus.jpg (128.57 KB, 500x415 - viewed 247 times.)

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 22, 2009, 04:55:13 pm »

Well seeing MGMark's posting of the mighty Allegro, the boys over at Allegro Motorsport take their trips to Le Mans very seriously.

http://www.freewebs.com/allegromotorsport

lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 22, 2009, 05:06:45 pm »

My first company car was a wonderful Morris Marina "coupé" - read two door saloon. Wipers that were set up for left hand drive, 1275cc of sheer unadulterated flab and wonder of wonders, drum brakes with no servo. I went into the back of the van in front after one day, arse off the seat and braking like a good'un. Even worse, I had a replacement two years later in BL beige vomit, this time with a servo and it took 50 yds for the gearbox to seize completely - I hadn't even got out of the car park!  Long may they perish!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 23, 2009, 09:08:14 pm »

Well seeing MGMark's posting of the mighty Allegro, the boys over at Allegro Motorsport take their trips to Le Mans very seriously.

http://www.freewebs.com/allegromotorsport

Far be it from me to cast judgement, and certainly no offence intended to Allegro Motorsport - those portrayed are, indeed, fine machines and are being given the right level of usage and exposure - the one I posted was the VDP version, which was trying rather unsuccessfully to be a high class limousine for the rich and famous.....

No, i think that this is what the dastardly Mr Z chap needs - a stretched Limo Trabant which will have him begging for the Commer.....

MG Mark

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 23, 2009, 09:18:08 pm »

The good Mr Zarse appears to be truly unresponsive this year to pleas for resurrecting the Commer from her slumbers for this year's Le Mans http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=9530.0.  I seem to remember that he was particularly recalcitrant before finally deciding that she should go last year.  This year, he appears to have finally given up any semblance of commitment probably with a view to transporting himself there in some devilish rice-burner or something similar. 

So, although ignoring the title of the thread in terms of a truly relevant post, perhaps the time has come to use the thread as the opportunity to share examples of truly, truly, utterly crap cars that he should be cursed with, given that he has resorted to wanton abandonment of the magnificent Commer.  Shall we start with this one?

MG Mark

Mark, I guess the time has regrettably come to consider answering the question you posed in the first post of this now-beloved thread. I am afraid the date with destiny has arrived, and i can finally reveal that the answer of what will be the eponymous "Modern Replacement" is one of these;

I'm not saying she won't be back one day, but I gave her a once over the other week and my heart sank at the list of dirty filthy jobs that would need doing to make such a trip practicable.

So there's no going back this year, but let us see what the future holds. I lament the passing of an era, but really I can't be bothered to do anything about it compared to the airconned turbocharged economical comfort of the Merc.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 23, 2009, 09:18:36 pm »

Wow, that is a very classy Trabant extension...

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: