Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 04:34:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1041546 times)
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2190 on: November 13, 2012, 02:32:57 pm »

Andy

When referring to the VC10 you should always include the word "noisy.

Many's the happy hour as a lad spent watching the BOAC VC10's [also BAC 1-11's, Tridents, Viscounts and the occasional DC8]

Crouch..........bind..........set
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: November 13, 2012, 06:49:44 pm »

The new registered keeper wishes too remain anonymous at this time and further questions will not be fielded.

So we know them!

I suspect we might see the Commer again in a field in France.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: November 13, 2012, 11:25:24 pm »

Trust me, dismantling the various representations of the "Queen of the Skies" in transport or AAR form was neither my choice, nor my recommendation, nor at my personal order.....nor was replacing it with Voyager....

So are we now looking for something like this to fill the void you have created?
http://www.motortopia.com/files/2/journal/4a29513c4ccde/IMG_0371.jpg
Or this?
http://blog.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/05/Caddycamper_01_1000-700x520.jpg

MG Mark 

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: November 13, 2012, 11:56:21 pm »

Denials denials... I smell a rat! I guess it's more a case of "oops careful with that hand grenade!"

The second of your links is very nice, the first is foul! No decision has yet been taken as to a modern Commer replacement. You will be first to learn but meantime suggestions welcomed.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: November 14, 2012, 04:07:20 am »

The second of your links is very nice, the first is foul! No decision has yet been taken as to a modern Commer replacement. You will be first to learn but meantime suggestions welcomed.
[/quote]

FINALLY after 147 pages we get to the Modern Commer Replacement ..... or atleast the discussion is back on track  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Phil
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: November 14, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »

Denials denials... I smell a rat! I guess it's more a case of "oops careful with that hand grenade!"

That was nothing to do with us....There are currently three VC10 C1Ks still active, operational pretty much right to the end, with the final one going out of service in March 2013.  101 Sqn only recently having handed over duty on operations out to the east of UK to 216 Sqn's Tristars, another airframe soon to depart from service in 2014.  Mind you we're going to be buggered unless Voyager starts delivering. 

VC10s  XV106 and XV108 will be the next two to be, sadly, 'recycled' at Bruntingthorpe; the final airframe will be XR808, which is bound for the RAF Museum at Cosford for preservation.  XR808 is 101 Sqn's oldest airframe, delivered in July 1966 and around the middle of this year she had accumulated 43,655h and 12,255 landings, albeit I think that the most used "Speed Queen" we had accumulated around 80,000 hours before retirement!

Back on topic (which would seem to meet with Phil's approval...) an interesting combination...
http://carscaravans.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/vw-camper-conversion-being-towed-by-vw.html

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: November 16, 2012, 01:59:48 pm »

Andy

When referring to the VC10 you should always include the word "noisy.

Many's the happy hour as a lad spent watching the BOAC VC10's [also BAC 1-11's, Tridents, Viscounts and the occasional DC8]

Now it's trains you watch   Wink
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2197 on: November 16, 2012, 02:37:54 pm »

This has a certain charm about it ...

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2198 on: November 18, 2012, 12:09:40 am »

Andy - now you have discarded, rejected or even "cull the sick member of the herd" (very small herd) or even dumped her after many years of service, or eliminated her, or  orobliterate (To do away with completely so as to leave no trace) or kill the old girl.

a small way of redeem yourself, a Le Mans tractor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9yHl24QynOM

and I know you have a tractor

who's got an engine for you  Grin
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:18:09 am by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: November 18, 2012, 02:10:04 am »

Neil Tha's not a tractor..... This is a tractor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7kJF-LjosU&feature=fvwrel

Grin

Phil
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: November 19, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »

Tractors??? Stick ot four pots with turbochargers (if you must) please.... If you're going to cite the use of multiple V-12s, then there really are a strictly limited number of proper answers......

1) 16 singletons... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6c3v9iihgw&feature=fvwrel in an increasing free for all....

2)  Classic "4 in one"....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Gh2DfPkP4&feature=fvwrel a great favourite....

3)  Or, as of about 7 weeks ago in NZ, the first public display of "2 in one" since the loss of the UK example in 1996......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-I4hZah_Pc&feature=related

MG Mark

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: November 23, 2012, 04:06:26 am »

It's a strange but true fact the undercarriage legs for this lovely new NZ Mozzie were kept in my garage for a short period of time prior to dispatch down under.

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: November 23, 2012, 09:24:36 pm »

It's a strange but true fact the undercarriage legs for this lovely new NZ Mozzie were kept in my garage for a short period of time prior to dispatch down under.

I won't ask how that came about.....well done for a positive contribution - lovely to see it back in the air

MG Mark

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: November 24, 2012, 09:44:05 pm »

I won't ask how that came about.....well done for a positive contribution - lovely to see it back in the air

MG Mark

Nothing sinister! A Kiwi mate (also known to Doris, and by the way he swears a great deal) is mates with the bloke who built it. He popped round the house and asked,
"Can I fackin leave this fackin sh*t in your fackin garage for a few fackin weeks just til I can shift the fackin sh*t to Dubai?" I said of course he fackin... I mean of course he could. "Ahh mate, you're a fackin star.  It's for me fackin mate he's building a fackin Mos-fackin-squito! Fack fack fack etc".

He had a Gypsy Major Ic in our fourth bedroom for several years. I quite liked it.

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: November 26, 2012, 10:39:42 pm »

As Uncle Roger always used to say, "Aaahhh, De Havilland".....

MG Mark

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: