Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 11:34:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACO Membership  (Read 11515 times)
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2005, 01:19:25 pm »

I'm guessing some of you got extra mail about joining the ACO after confirmation of your tickets & those who didn't are already members.

I've been mulling it over for the last couple of years, I actually got a calculator out over the weekend to figure out that by the time you've saved money on the tickets it basically covers the membership fee.

The question I have however is...Does joining the "gang" seem to help you get priority on the campsite ticketing orders??

If so I'm joining!! (as soon as I have some money at least!!) Is this perhaps the reason some of you always get the campsite you wanted & am I really dumb for not doing this ages ago?? Cry
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 02:07:03 pm »

I'm guessing some of you got extra mail about joining the ACO after confirmation of your tickets & those who didn't are already members.

I've been mulling it over for the last couple of years, I actually got a calculator out over the weekend to figure out that by the time you've saved money on the tickets it basically covers the membership fee.

The question I have however is...Does joining the "gang" seem to help you get priority on the campsite ticketing orders??

If so I'm joining!! (as soon as I have some money at least!!) Is this perhaps the reason some of you always get the campsite you wanted & am I really dumb for not doing this ages ago?? Cry

I'm pretty not sure of such a priority. However you'll have access to the ACO private hospitality (inside the old museum) with as far as I remember bargain-price beverages and nice chairs and tables to rest.

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 02:12:35 pm »

You also get a free package of documents including - programme, list of race entries, race results, poster, cuddly toy, fondue set (I lied about the last two).

http://www.lemans.org/club/pages/formules_adhesion_club24_gb.html

Steve East Anglian cobras

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 02:23:31 pm »

Chris,

I'm pretty sure that this has been covered before but I can't be a*sed to search the archives.

Basically membership does not give you any priveliges over anyone else when it comes to booking tickets, certainly not in our experience. Although you do have a membership number to refer to when complaining. You do however get discounts, and the possibility of booking ACO grandstand seats (limited to 2 per member) if that's what you want - as well as access to the welcome centre and the benefits that Gilles has already pointed out.

You're right - the discounts just about cover the cost of the annual membership fee. The only other benefit is ACO breakdown cover for your car if you don't already have it with another organisation. My mate used them once - and it's OK so long as you can speak French!

Oh, and of course you get some nice stickers to put in your car of course.........

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 06:29:58 pm »

Can't prove it, but before I joined the ACO I never succeeded in buying proper campsite tickets.
Since joining the ACO three years ago, I never had that problem again.

Just place the order for next year when collecting your tickets and the ACO will confirm Maison Blanche and ACO tribune in January.
No problem whatsoever for the last three years.

Furthermore being a member makes communicating with them a lot easier. Including your membershipnr. in the e-mail usuallt results in an answer within the hour.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 08:17:51 pm »

Also, if you attend more than one event (i.e. Le Mans Classic or Moto) then you double up on your savings!!!
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 07:28:42 pm »

I join every year and can testify that in 2001 the facility that is indoors with the large screen tuned to the race (and the clean washrooms) was a very present help in time of torrential rain and weather too chilly for the clothes I'd brought based on the furnace like heat of 2000.

I also attend most of the ALMS races and found the Entry List a great help to collecting autographs in one place and that the drivers really enjoy finding their entry in the book and talking about their Le Mans experience.  (And almost invariably either apologizing for their photo or saying hopefully, "That photo doesn't really look like me" which is a cue for you to agree "You are much better looking in person."   Grin  [For you ladies, the entry also informs you as to which of the drivers are single and what their horoscope sign is.]
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 07:37:28 pm »

It does seem a bit dear now at 60 quid, but it does include limited breakdown cover in France, and AA 5 star has always been silly money.

Whilst you get the info packs, and program, you don't get the free CD or anything else given away with the program, which is a bit of a shame

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
rcutler
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 10:42:00 am »

It does seem a bit dear now at 60 quid, but it does include limited breakdown cover in France, and AA 5 star has always been silly money.

Carefull if your rely on the ACO breakdown cover!! If I remember rightly they will just tow you to the nearest garage. They will not even try to fix your car at the roadside and they will NOT take you back to the UK on a low loader!
LM Frog
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 10:51:08 am »

First of all, please bare in mind that nationwide breakdown cover such as AA does not exist in France.
I double checked ACO breakdown cover. Their service does indeed not cover any repair of your car. They will arrange the towing to the next garage, and provide alternative means of transportation to go back home if your car cannot be fixed within a couple of hours.

I suggest that you write down ACO assistance tel numbers. The free phone number is 0800 08 08 24. However, it might not be reachable from a non-French mobile phone. Alternatively, you may call +33 2 43 50 50 43.
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 05:27:35 pm »

Carefull if your rely on the ACO breakdown cover!! If I remember rightly they will just tow you to the nearest garage. They will not even try to fix your car at the roadside and they will NOT take you back to the UK on a low loader!

They fixed the dodgy starter motor on my Granada a couple of years back- no problem

Mines a Gin & Tonic
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 05:39:29 pm »

This is quite funny in a "spookey" sort of way. I had decided not to renew this year but after rereading the early replies to the question, bang! on me door mat another reminder this morning.

As one mechanic travelling with six (at least ) others I wasn't going to bother but Kate's reminder of that cool airconditioned Welcome  place has made me mind up...

Dammit I will, but I can confirm that ACO membership makes bugger all difference when you want ACO to send you Houx Annexe tickets. Wink

Pretty pink wristbands though Wink

bill
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 05:42:37 pm by Perdu » Logged

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 07:14:52 pm »

I had a red one.  My media wristband was green and my ACO wristband was red, which I found quite satisfactory for directing traffic.
Skoff
CA Veteran

Drive it like you stole it!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 01:04:41 pm »

Hello all,

Is it possible to join the ACO at the race and use all the 'welcome' facilities mentioned above? I must say I am mighty tempted by the clean bogs and refuge from the weather... Or would you say that it isn't worth it without the discount on tickets since I have already got mine sorted this year?

Thanks
Skoff

Beer bellies are the new sixpack...
patcollier
CA Veteran

anyone else raced the 2cv 24 hours?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 05:35:23 pm »

Good question thinking the same myself...previous year I have bought those semi-hospitality tickets that give you access to warm dry places and a tv set  but this aco might be worth it....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: