Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 10:31:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACO Members Enclosure - Guests?  (Read 6636 times)
folkestone_jack
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2005, 09:03:23 pm »

Hi guys,

I've read a few threads about the ACO Members Enclosure. Usually I go to Le Mans on my own and that's been useful when it's wet but this year I'm taking the family. Does anyone know if the ACO allow you to being guests into the enclosure?

Jack

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 09:21:28 pm »

I havent been a member of ACO for a while but you used to be able to buy guest tickets when you go to pick up your member's goodie bag at the ACO Members lounge inside the circuit.  

Try having a look at the ACO website - might say on there (if you can find it!!).

F
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 09:29:21 pm »

Yes, you can have guests but it depends on the 'formule' of your membership these days. Contact the ACO with your membership number and they will advise.

GF
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 09:40:47 pm »

You could definitely take a "family" (incl up to 3 guests) into the ACO bar on last year's ACO style ticket. That's the bar behind the ACO grandstand, haven't tried the enclosure on the other side.

My problem is usually persuading the door people that the 5 rather large blokes accompaying me are either 1) my kids or 2) my parents...

Haven't failed yet though! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 09:41:30 pm by smokie » Logged
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 10:18:53 pm »

Looking at my standard ACO membership card, you can take up to six people including the member into the ACO Memebers enclosure, this is the enclosure that use to be the old museum.  Last year they punched holes into the membership card and issued pink wrist bands.  Very nice they were too.
folkestone_jack
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 11:09:18 pm »

Thanks - that's really helpful.

I've never actually tried going to the ACO bar... is that where the door next to the ACO shop leads? Is it worth checking out...? (Apologies if these are really daft questions!)

Jack
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 11:41:38 pm »

Yes, I think you are right. The building is set back from the one the main shop is in, IIRC.
folkestone_jack
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 01:19:42 pm »

Just thought I'd follow this up in case the info was useful to anyone else. I got in touch with the ACO and got the following answer (bearing in mind any differences there may be between different levels of membership - I've just got the Club 24 membership):

"Further to your e-mail, concerning access to the members enclosure, it's free for yourself as a member and your wife and fiscally dependent children. For the number of guests,  each member can invite 5 people maximum (including wife and children) into the Enclosure and the price for each non-member is Euros 5 (five Euros) only once for the whole week-end."
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 01:56:56 pm »

I'm an ACO member and will happily sponsor four guests (I need to keep one for my photographer) who want to pay the 5 euros for the week.  If anyone is young enough and cheap enough to want to pass as my 'fiscally dependent child' ....
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 02:19:33 pm »

I'm really cheap Kate, but I don't think we'd get away with it.

But, "Best offer I ever had! Thanks"

Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 07:57:21 pm »

Ohh Kate - can i be your 5 euro friend!!  Smiley  but 'fraid I wont convince on the fiscally dependant child either.

I am in bleu and will be getting there around monday/tuesday - what are your plans?

Fran
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 08:56:18 pm »

You can also get an additional free pass for your "spouse". No questions asked and they don't have to be with you when you claim the wrist band.

You have to declare it for tax naturally!

Mines a Gin & Tonic
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 04:21:45 am »

Ohh Kate - can i be your 5 euro friend!!  Smiley  but 'fraid I wont convince on the fiscally dependant child either.

I am in bleu and will be getting there around monday/tuesday - what are your plans?

Fran

I don't think they open til Wednesday afternoon or later -- but I'll be with Smokie et al. til Wednesday afternoon when my crew arrive and if you are there we can make arrangements to meet when they open up.  I have done it before and it's no problem at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: