Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 01:37:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on Camping etc for a Newbie  (Read 5168 times)
Jack911

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2005, 10:53:18 pm »

Hi,

We're coming to the 2006 Le Mans and wanted some suggections of where to camp, how to get over, the best route to drive etc etc.

We'll have our own car with teh camping equipment in it so we'd like to park as close to our tent as possible.  We'd also like to get a spot which has access to the best part of the track for observing, if such a place exists.

Any and all suggestions gratefully received.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 01:08:40 pm »

The best way is to trawl through this forum (and others).  The most popular sites are Maison Blanche and Houx Annex, although Karting Nord and Beausejour see some use.  The important thing is to get tickets now.  I heard that Just Tickets (or similar) sold out of camping passes in early July.

Parking is on your pitch. If you're in a 911, I'd prefer you went to Houx Annexe.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:01:48 pm »

As Lorry says there are lots of threads on here and also on www.pistonheads.com -Le Mans forum - use the search function and you'll find loads of info there from last year.  Next years threads will follow in due course......
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:24:12 pm »

Watch the Team Razor video - their campsite design and building is excellent.and try www.beermountain.com

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 11:08:47 pm »

Watch the Team Razor video - their campsite design and building is excellent.and try www.beermountain.com

but their bottle mountain building is crap.....it's not an approved method at all.....  I laughed at the guys parked in the "forest" at MB last year who had a major bottle mountain collapse  when I suggested they should've used mastic it turned out that they had already .... Grin Grin
spill1980
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 08:35:54 pm »

Last year was my first year & we ended up in beasejour, its not as busy as the other campsites & its a bit of a trek to the circuit but apart from that its pretty good. The atmosphere is pretty chilled there & the facilities are ok. You need to get your camping passes booked ASAP though, these are more important than the tickets for the race. Try and get there fairly early aswell
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 02:17:32 am »

I suggested they should've used mastic i
use of mastic is entirely and absolutely  considered cheating and utterly verboten..... in my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 02:20:06 am by fran » Logged
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 02:37:35 am »

I suggested they should've used mastic i
use of mastic is entirely and absolutely  considered cheating and utterly verboten..... in my humble opinion.

I totally agree Fran.  It's just wrong and far too much like fannying about for my liking.  Frankly I have better things to do with my time - like drinking more - than trying to see how decorative I can make my empties look.

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 09:25:43 am »

I totally agree Fran.  It's just wrong and far too much like fannying about for my liking.  Frankly I have better things to do with my time - like drinking more - than trying to see how decorative I can make my empties look.

Actually Doris,  I thought the Bottle pile was very decorative.  If not artistic in a tropicoma sort of way.   It was thown in to shape relief by some Siht hot mowing though.   Grin

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: