Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 04:47:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice need  (Read 9756 times)
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:36:02 pm »

Hi all

I will be at this years race, with 3 other Kiwis, and I am looking for advice. We will be arriving Friday night and leaving after the race on Sunday.

Transport will be an 8 seater Peugeot mini van (don't laugh - I have to collect the rest of my group in the Loire on Sunday night). My thoughts are we won't want a camping site as we will be sleeping in the van anyway, so I guess a carpark pass will be ok, and we will get grandstand seats if there are any left.... Is this possible or am I deluding myself? We won't have any camping gear with us anyway as we are pretty tight on space after we pick up rent-a-crowd on Sunday.

I was at the race in  '06, but we were travelling as the crew of the 1906 Grand Prix Darracq from NZ which was over for the Grand Prix centenary the weekend before, so we were guests of the ACO for the weekend. Life was good - our own camping area, and access to the the ACO "Salon Panoramique" - the bar above the museum which looks straight down the pit lane and front straight. With closesd circuit TV and free beer all weekend it was a civilised way to go racing!

Cheers

Tony

rcutler
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 01:45:30 am »

You should be ok sleeping the car in one of the ACO car parks.

Make sure you are free at 9pm for the 9pm Club Arnage Champagne Bar Meet in the Village.
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:39:38 am »

Sounds like a good plan to me!!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:49:27 pm »

Hi, and welcome to CA

I have some tickets on order for T19 Lagache grandstand (next to the ACO stand), and I may have some spare as I have had people drop out of my party.  I can let you have them at face value + postage if you want them.  Will know for certain in a week or so when I get my allocation letter from the ACO.

No problem if you don't - I will only pay the ACO for those that I want.

Del
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 06:15:19 pm by DelBoy » Logged

Team Delboy Racing
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 10:24:58 am »

Hi Del

Definitely interested!  Let me know how many and what price as soon as you are sure and I will make an instant decision

Cheers

Tony 
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:07:23 am »

I'm not sure if I could help out a Peugeot fan - it brings back memories of their rule breaking last year  Grin Grin

I have four Lagache Tribune 19 tickets spare from my allocation as with Del's I will sell them on at face value (96 euro each) plus postage (but time to post them may be a problem depending on how late they arrive?).   I need to confirm my allocation with the ACO within a week so let me know if you want them.  I'm not sure if Del knows yet how many he has left over? 

Two nights in the van would be a bit hardcore for me but i'm sure it'll be fine.  We have some spare camping gear in France so we could potentially find enough for you if you wanted to camp - the problem will be space for four of you given that we are all struggling to get space on Maison Blanc and Bleu this year.   Try to get parking close to MB & Bleu so that you're in easy walking distance to the circuit and village - I think it's Blanc and Bleu parking?? 

I'm sure we can find you some beer and food to keep you going - keep on the forum over the next few months won't you.
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 02:54:14 am »

Hi

Many thanks for the offer. I will check with the rest of my guys tomorrow, but at this stage I would say we will definitely take two, almost certainly the other two as well. Will confirm this tomorrow.

Looking on the ACO site, it looks like red parking as all that is available, but that doesn't look to be too far from where we need to be.

Do you guys usually buy your entry tickets in advance as well, or do you get them when you get down there?
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 04:10:44 am »

I'm not sure if I could help out a Peugeot fan - it brings back memories of their rule breaking last year  Grin Grin

I have four Lagache Tribune 19 tickets spare from my allocation as with Del's I will sell them on at face value (96 euro each) plus postage (but time to post them may be a problem depending on how late they arrive?).   I need to confirm my allocation with the ACO within a week so let me know if you want them.  I'm not sure if Del knows yet how many he has left over? 

Two nights in the van would be a bit hardcore for me but i'm sure it'll be fine.  We have some spare camping gear in France so we could potentially find enough for you if you wanted to camp - the problem will be space for four of you given that we are all struggling to get space on Maison Blanc and Bleu this year.   Try to get parking close to MB & Bleu so that you're in easy walking distance to the circuit and village - I think it's Blanc and Bleu parking?? 

I'm sure we can find you some beer and food to keep you going - keep on the forum over the next few months won't you.

Hi Piglet

YES PLEASE!!!!

If you can still do 4 I will take them.  If I am too late - and Delboy is still offering - will take whatever from whoever to finish up with 4 tickets. I assume I still need to buy entry tickets as well. Do you usually buy them in advance, or just get them at the gate?

Sorry for the stupid questions - spot the amateur!

Cheers

Tony

dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 09:49:12 am »

Do you guys usually buy your entry tickets in advance as well, or do you get them when you get down there?
Either - they are readily available on the gate at list price so no need to get anxious in advance or pay anything other than list price.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 09:48:31 pm »

Hi Piglet

YES PLEASE!!!!

If you can still do 4 I will take them.  If I am too late - and Delboy is still offering - will take whatever from whoever to finish up with 4 tickets. I assume I still need to buy entry tickets as well. Do you usually buy them in advance, or just get them at the gate?

Sorry for the stupid questions - spot the amateur!

Cheers

Tony

I've got someone interested in mine but not confirmed, you can have second shout if he doesn't want them.   

Del - have you still got yours? 
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 10:34:39 pm »

Del - have you still got yours? 

I'm still waiting very patiently for my allocation letter from those luvverly people at the ACO   Angry Angry  Cry Cry  (If you believe any of that sh*t, you want your head looking at - I won't need to go to a barbers for about 12 months.)

I think the ACO have really excelled themselves in their total lack of organisation this year, and that they have totally ignored their own 'first-come - first-served' 'rule'.  Considering my order went in with Termie's block, and most others in that block seem to have their allocation (even if it is BSJ  Grin), I'm getting a little frustrated, even to the point of cancelling out (like Big H).  But then, that would only hurt me, not the ACO.  As a small protest, they can stuff their membership where the sun don't shine as it looks like I will be going via an agency next year anyway, much as it goes against the grain.

Disappointed Del

Team Delboy Racing
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 11:03:55 pm »

Should the ACO get their sh*t together, let me know. I am definitely in the market for 4 seats

Cheers

Tony

rcutler
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 11:10:26 pm »

As I have already said,

ACO = Absolutly Crap Organisers!

Can we have that on the T-Shirt!
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 01:28:09 pm »

Dear Disappointed Del,
I know what you mean mate, personally I don't think there's any hidden agenda with the ticket allocations, it's just a case of piss-poor organisation. Although I'd like to know more about their preferences for supplying agencies, like many here I usually buy a shed load of tickets and have been a customer and ACO member for a long time.
The ACO are losing out though, after last years carry on with the Camp Site Security Geezers, and now this years rigmarole with MB our group of usually around 20, are going to be absent. Let's say each person spends about £500 quid, including tickets during the week we're there, then that's £10K they're going to be short. Sadly, I don't suppose they're bothered.
For me, the original spectacle that brought me back year after year has now changed beyond recognition (mind you, I suppose I have too...) and isn't really that attractive any more, - the last few years it's been the social side that has brought us back. Now they've succeeded in cocking that up. What's it going to be next year? (I suspect sponsors/agency only camping at MB)
Yeah, well and truly off my Christmas card list.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 05:26:59 pm »

Right Mr Pug fan - I now have my allocation letter, and have got the Lagache tickets I asked for. 

Therefore, I have 4 spare tickets for this grandstand available at face value of course (96 Euro) plus any postage.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: