Club Arnage
May 29, 2024, 10:41:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid parking question  (Read 4233 times)
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:22:18 am »

Hi

Looking at the ACO site I see the Red parking (which seems to be tthe only one still available) has a max. height restricton of 1.8m. It looks like our van will be over this slightly. Any idea if this will cause any hassles at the gate?

Cheers

Tony
tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:58:07 pm »

If that is the one at the road next to the track to the Tertre Rouge (Carrefour) you might get in trouble as I think I've seen a gate there that has also a bar running across at 1.8m

But I've just seen it driving by to Carrefour!!

may be someone else has better advice

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 12:30:53 am »

I don't have experience of height restrictions at LM, however at coastal resorts in France the bars on car parks are set at the indicated height, don't presume if there is a bar that it's set higher as is sometimes the case in UK.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:56:44 am »

I read this on Tuesday having just returned from the circuit!  I'll look, but I think it is a car park with a barrier, from memory, so you may be stuffed.  Can't promise a timescale as I'm in the UK next week.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:08:07 am »

I wonder if it's worth Pugfan buying a Bleu Nord camping pass (think Paddy has some), if it's allocated pitches then they could drive in and out ok.

It's on what I would regard as the right side of the circuit and will access to toilets if the guys are planning to sleep in and live out of the van?

No issues about a barrier and if Paddy is offloading his passes on here then they would be in and around CA'ers.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:27:19 am »

piggy wiggy, already suggested to kiwipugfan, FS

Ah ha! Great minds and all that  Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 11:54:49 am »

Grin I dunno, last year when I wrote for Grand Fromage for the ACO website was the first year that I had any idea what was going on!

I'm used to organising race meetings, at best I have to listen for the dhequered flag call to go to collect winners for trophies and/or the winners car Grin
kiwipugfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 09:27:33 pm »

I wonder if it's worth Pugfan buying a Bleu Nord camping pass (think Paddy has some), if it's allocated pitches then they could drive in and out ok.

It's on what I would regard as the right side of the circuit and will access to toilets if the guys are planning to sleep in and live out of the van?

No issues about a barrier and if Paddy is offloading his passes on here then they would be in and around CA'ers.

That sounds like a mighty fine idea to me. Hopefully Paddy is watching this topic

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: