Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 02:48:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Le Mans Week  (Read 15291 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2015, 11:57:05 am »

Well that was a great Le Mans week.

Highlights for us were meeting other Club Arnages, Friday's Brethren Party (and getting back to our tent safely), The Race (of course), Classic British Welcome, how friendly Le Mans race goers are generally, getting to dawn (Tristan's first).

Lows, just two; it's a long time until next year's race and the sadness that next year we will not be able to drive the Indianapolis and Arnage corners.

What was it like for other people?

Aricus + Tristan

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 02:29:18 pm »

the sadness that next year we will not be able to drive the Indianapolis and Arnage corners.

I must of missed something but how come you wont be able to drive them?

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 02:42:49 pm »

the sadness that next year we will not be able to drive the Indianapolis and Arnage corners.

I must of missed something but how come you wont be able to drive them?

Expect another grammar correction Kev mate!

I tested negative for patience.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 04:09:17 pm »

....and the sadness that next year we will not be able to drive the Indianapolis and Arnage corners.

As I understand it, there will be a new public road that takes the trafic away from these corners and goes through the Arnage campsite.  The circuit will still have the corners, but we will no longer be able to in road cars, assuming the proposal goes ahead.

see this thread.....

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=12170.0

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 12:56:54 pm »

A great week with mates.  On the upsides and memorable moments:

1)  A good run out and back with no dramas and pleasant places to stop off enroute.  With the new bridge completed, the Rouen tunnel was back on our route, so the opportunity to play car sound track tunes again was enjoyed greatly.
2)  Many thanks to Russ and the rest for the Brethren Party and to Dave for nurturing Big Irta.  As always, a brilliant evening to catch up with lots of people and the wedding was just surreal.  We all suffered to a great or slight less than great extent the next day; one of our number significantly broken beyond coherent thought, speech and bodily control until the day after the day after...
3)  The number plate of the TVR on BN.....
4)  Meeting CAers that I've "known" for ages on the CA forum, but had not met face-to-face before.   
5)  A good race in the usual many ways, and the Porsche/Audi toing and froing for so much of it was a pleasant surprise.  Nissan showed promise despite the issues they have had and roll on them getting their full package together for next year.  Hopefully Toyota will actually do some development work....   
6)  Thanks to Brian/Norway Nick for finding a set of jump leads to get me going again....

No real downsides, other than the usual queues/lack of hot water in the bogs/showers on BN from Friday onwards.  Sad to see MB site as a former shadow of itself and the removal of a large section of the banking there is a shame.  The weather on the Friday was a shame, as it put rather a damper on the usual afternoon enjoyment of the CBW at St Saturnin.     

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 02:04:00 pm »

A great week as ever, although seriously considering changing my forum name to 'Notinanelanman', however even more determined to be there in the '68 car next year .  The Brethren party was awesome and for the newbies with me that was when Le Mans really took off for them, I freely admit that it made Saturday more difficult than I probably really wanted .

More Showers and Toilets on BN would be good, but I was pleased they were cleaned up after the state they got in following the Friday rain.  Also a greater sense of security at BN would be achieved if the site was better fenced along the roadside, that said we thankfully remained incident free this year.

Looking forwards to next year already, gather the dates have already been announced as 18/19 June?
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:12:55 pm »

.....gather the dates have already been announced as 18/19 June?

Not seen anything announced yet, other than the dates for next year's Le Mans Classic.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 02:32:35 pm »

Anyone see the grand marnier crepe place this year or was it replaced by the ladies pavilion or one of the seventeen nissan stands.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 03:12:06 pm »

Great weekend.

Plus points.
1. First and foremost, meeting up with old friends and meeting new ones.
2. Colin getting to the Brethren's party. Great to meet him.
3. The Brethren's Party
4. Driving there and back in a 57 year old car
5. The race
6. Knowing that I'll be doing it all again next year
7. Seeing Purdu dressed up as a clown in an outfit clearly designed for a small person
8. The Sanef Liber-T motorway tag
9. Clean sheets and a shower on Sunday night after a lovely meal with friends.

The only downside on the way home was letting my sat-nav rule my head. I wish I'd had Alec Guinness wispering in my ear "trust in the force".

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
pool pugilist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 03:12:21 pm »

Of our 9 visits this one certainly the best for us...We had a great time.
Pro's
Meeting Andy and Barry on the Ferry over and having a few sherberts together
Tribune Tickets for the first time courtesy of Dean (clk) having spares- A real boon, Tribunes all the way from now on - Nice to meet Dean & Co, real nice guys.
A none Audi winner - No disrespect Audi, fantastic over the years but was getting a bit samey.
Porsche winning with the No 3 crew (Hulks gonna think this Le Mans business is a piece of p*ss!!) All three of the boys did a stirling job.
Corvette winning Pro - Sorry Aston, I am a big fan, but the last man standing got the job done and they still just sound the dogs do da's.
Drivers Parade - Once the rain had cleared at about 6 o clock we had a hoot.
Con's
Weather - OK for us as we were in a caravan, but some of the poor blighters across from us got a real flooding out - Not good
Noisy Neighbours - Its ok to have a good time but not at the expense of all those around you especially when someone goes over to diplomatically ask them to reign it in a little and they are basically told to f**k off!
Tram- Breaking down 3 times on the way back from the Drivers Parade, emergency brakes applied each of the times and sending everyone flying, funny the 1st time, not so later on, apparently one of the doors wasn't shut properly, driver walked down the tram, had a twiddle with something and off we went....

All in all a great year, 2015 will certainly stick in the memory bank, roll on 2016!!

Cheers
Paul

elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 06:28:22 pm »

.....gather the dates have already been announced as 18/19 June?

Not seen anything announced yet, other than the dates for next year's Le Mans Classic.

MG Mark

Neither had I but younger brother says the dates were announced over the weekend.

These guys seem to have inside knowledge, but may be speculating.

http://www.normandie-chambres.co.uk/le-mans.html

Can't find anything more official.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 07:38:54 pm »

Yep a great week.   Every day
 ended with Phil and me agreeing that is had been a good day.

Sunday,  The Bunker in Ouistreham, Juno Beach, Arromanches, Bayeux CWG. Bonus finding that a bunch of Hotchkiss  cars on an "rally" were staying at the hotel.
Monday,  Going down to Scrutineering ( in 35 visits I'd never been) seeing Big Irta arriving on BN.
Tuesday, Château de Chenonceau (well worth the drive)
Wednesday,  At Leisure & meeting old Friends.
Thursday,  The museum at the Circuit. (Again never been in there.)
Friday,    Tank Museum in Samur. Meeting Colin. and of course The Brethren party (Thanks guys).
Saturday,  The Race.
Sunday, Meeting up with my Cousin who I'd never met before. The Race.  Getting to the Hotel, taking a shower where you don't have to hold on to the string or keep pressing the Button.

IMNSHO.  One of the best Races if not the best I seen.  Set me up for the next 35.  :-) :-)

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 08:40:52 pm »

Super week, I can only echo what others have said about why. Debby also enjoyed it immensely. It was great meeting people old and new, and with four nationalities sharing the five pitches we were on, the "Internationalness" of it was brought home when Mike Carr from the US dropped by unexpectedly (to me anyways!).

Least memorable night was Thursday, but only not memorable due to the vast Low Flyer I downed in one :-)

Thanks to people for the advice and assistance with the car problems (during the trip I had a flat battery on Monday, a puncture on Tuesday - or was it Wednesday? - and the engine management light was on and the car was misfiring  for the whole trip - new coil arriving tomorrow but cat might be shagged).

My pet annoyance is having to queue for showers and loo at almost any time of day on Bleu Nord, but it's one I managed to live with...

Already planning 2016...
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 08:58:56 pm »

WoW - Just got back home - how long driving? (1100 miles trip)

Another year gone, will post more soon,

Great Year, Great Time, Great friends, Great Beer - and MORE GREAT DAM FOOD! (25hrs cooked pork - just WTF!!!!!  mmmmm)

Good bit, landed in Portsmouth today (pm) - Spitfire welcoming home flying display as we docked - Andy Z - did u see it?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 11:25:09 pm »

Great time as usual,
1. Great to meet up with the usual members of Team Jedi.
2. Fri night party with the Brethren was great, (Sorry about the dress, last minute dot.com & I am not really grumpy).
3. Never smelt a stink like it in a tent, (Loftys Arse).
4. meeting and having a beverage with totally random bod's.
5. Blagging a great viewing position to watch the end of the race, (Over viewing Parc Ferme).
6. Clear run home on Monday, (Found a new route out of the circuit by accident).
7. Reading Colins updates on FB, I really am glad that you had a good time and as a result, have persuaded a disabled person in a similar position to attend next year. I did see you at the Fri night party but as usual I was somewhat distracted by a million and one things and regret not saying hello. Next year Wink .
8. Anyone know next years date's ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:05:04 am by Bonio » Logged

Team J.E.D.I
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: