Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 06:06:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P&O 2004 Ferry Prices released  (Read 19244 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2003, 05:29:04 pm »

P&O have released their prics and opened the bookings for 2004 , including the Le Mans period .
They have early booking offers which seem to be on my bookings nealy £150 cheaper than Brittany for the car and trailer and between £100 and £140 for cars with 4 people in ??

Dont know why , but they are already busy . The sailings opened this morning and the Wednesday night over is already busy .

Happy bookings
« Last Edit: September 25, 2003, 05:31:19 pm by Robbo SPS » Logged

Take life by the horns and live it.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 05:37:08 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2003, 05:39:55 pm by Robbo SPS » Logged

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 06:32:40 pm »

Couldnt find the prices on there, would only go up to 2003  Angry

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 06:50:56 pm »

You have to phone at the moment , 08705 20 20 20  .

Oh the internet wont have the better prices / early bird offers for a while

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 07:32:47 pm »

Ahh, that'll be it then!

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
madpiano
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 12:07:26 pm »

If you don't mind driving a bit, take the Eurotunnel Route. We booked late last year (1 week before the race) and paid £60 return for a car and 3 passengers.

As we don't live far from Dover, the amount of driving wasn't that different and not using motorways in france saved us loads of dosh
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 06:49:47 pm »

If you don't mind driving a bit, take the Eurotunnel Route. We booked late last year (1 week before the race) and paid £60 return for a car and 3 passengers.

As we don't live far from Dover, the amount of driving wasn't that different and not using motorways in france saved us loads of dosh

You cant even get to the Isle Of Wight for £60 anymore. Should you want to...

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 07:14:31 pm »

You cant even get to the Isle Of Wight for £60 anymore. Should you want to...

Crikey, I had forgotten it even existed!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 07:27:44 pm »

Never forget about the Corkheads!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2003, 11:00:38 pm »

Last year we travelled with Brittany from Portsmouth to St.Malo on the Wednesday night and back on Monday from Caen.The cost worked out for the 3 cars at £338 each.

I have spoken to Brittany tonite, and the price for this coming year is................wait for it ...............A MASSIVE 50% INCREASE.MAKING THE TRIP THIS YEAR A GRAND TOTAL OF £475 PER CAR AND PASSENGERS!!!!!!!(sorry for shouting but this is outrageous.

The girl on the phone said it was marketing,to which my reply was that the management of her company needed to be "strung up by the balls".

Sop the moral to the story is next year we will be going P & O Portsmouth-Cherbourg return,as the cost isn £332

Wishy
Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 01:18:45 pm »

isle of what?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 02:06:30 pm »

Wishy, as I think Robbo has said before, Brittany normally offer their 5 day/7 day offer fares nearer the time. That's possibly how you got the £338 last year??

I've never tried Robbo's idea of changing a confirmed booking when these fares are applicable but it makes sense to me.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 02:36:03 pm »

JP,

Wishy and I always book at this time of year for the following year's trip so I guess we are comparing like with like. P & O are very busy according to Wishy (probably because of the cost differences) - we couldn't even get the 2 berth cabins we wanted, so if you want to travel this route I suggest a quick phone call to secure what's left before it goes.

I have travelled Brittany for the 10 years or so and not had to much to complain about but loyalty only goes so far. These kind of price hikes are taking the P*ss.

Travelling with P & O will be a new experience for me although I guess there's not much to choose between the 2 except for different sailing times.

One unexpected bonus over and above the cheaper fare is the later sailing time of the P & O route allowing for an extra hour or so in the pub.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 02:49:12 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 05:40:02 pm »

I suppose the only other slight inconvenienece is the slightly longer drive on the other side.

I'm probably going to have to stick to Brittany as I cancelled two of our ferry spaces late last year and they would only give me credit notes for them. I might argue the toss with them though if they are going to hike their prices up by that much as I will be somewhat of a captive audience  Angry
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 05:49:12 pm »

Guys  ,  i only travel with P&O , why , they are cheaper , and a worked for them  once, and they treated me well .

I dont know about Brittany and how to get round their prices , but with P&O its usually easy , although i wont stake my wages on it .

Add a £7 club seat onto the booking, nothing more, or remove a passenger , as most cars tickets include up to 9 passengers now .

Then the later ofers not available now will come into play .

Although.... Le Mans SPS has sid that they are giving better prices to those who book now , and the nearer the time , the more expensive it will get . I think it was the same last year , but i still saved a packet .

With P&O they demand the groups ( owners clubs rallies , tour firms ) pay up and confirm 8 weeks before sailing . Then and only then , will better cabins now be available . Its called block bookings . I am sure that if you ask Le Mans SPS he may keep looking for better cabins when they become available as he is my P&O spy .

I added all my bookings together , P&O cost £1800 , Brittany £2500. Now there really are losts of beer tokens in that one .

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: