Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 12:48:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P&O 2004 Ferry Prices released  (Read 19239 times)
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2003, 07:17:24 pm »

Well at the end of the day as pretzel says when it comes to prices ther is no loyalty to the ferry companies.

It is a shame that Brittany have become so greedy this year,only because they have cottoned on to Le Mans weekend being a good time to rip off the punter as they have a captive audience ......after all!!

I will admit wether it is Cherbourg or St.Malo an extra hour to the journey time is better than travelling down from Calais.

Wishy
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2003, 10:59:53 pm »

Be fair , P&O have clued up to it and have done for years .

It seems good value on a ferry , but anyone eaten the LE MANS SPECIAL BREAKFAST for £8.50 .

There wre people cuing half way round the boat a few years ago.

Or the Fosters Special LE Mans Packs , ( 24 cans of beer with an extra 50p of the price)

P&O dont want to rock the boat too much. They were VERY full last year , Brittany had space on most of there sailings .

Take life by the horns and live it.
Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2003, 02:55:23 pm »

i think p+o may have it right next year. they know they can fill their boats, thats not an issue, its how much traffic can they take from brittany. by lowering their prices they are taking regulars from bittany this year and hopfully will have a wider customer base next year. also with the millions of pounds they are saving after this and last years cut backs, its not as costly to run the ferries out of portsmouth as it was. i think they are about to give britttany a run for their money. i was working last night on a half term weekend, looked at the figures for the next few days and all the boats are full to capacity. britany on the other hand have acres of space. i suggest if you are going to make a booking for next year make it now and change it later.
starbar
CA Veteran

I ate all the pies with JJ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2003, 03:06:09 pm »

I have just booked online with P&O Portsmouth - Le Harve on the Tues 1500 sailing returning Cherbourg - Portsmouth on the Monday 0630 sailing with a 6 metre caravan and an Audi estate with 2 passengers £210 a steal I believe..and yes it is booked and confirmed.

I think the offers finish at the end of October
Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2003, 03:11:34 pm »

thats a dam fine price. think yourself as a lucky man
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2003, 03:27:39 pm »

I have just booked online with P&O Portsmouth - Le Harve on the Tues 1500 sailing returning Cherbourg - Portsmouth on the Monday 0630 sailing with a 6 metre caravan and an Audi estate with 2 passengers £210 a steal I believe..and yes it is booked and confirmed.

I think the offers finish at the end of October

Le Mans - How much are we paying . Why cant i get a price that good . Dont you know the right people  ?

Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2003, 03:34:09 pm »

210 is very cheap. even with no acomm thats a good price. i see to only get 450 on the net
starbar
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2003, 03:36:24 pm »

Just had a look on the site same xing with a car only and 3 passengers £154
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2003, 03:40:04 pm »

Starbar , how on this planet do you get these prices ?
Have you a special code or am i being an internet virgin ?

Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2003, 03:40:11 pm »

that is very cheap as i can only get 350. what are you doing different to me?
starbar
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2003, 08:13:25 pm »

I do not know, but if you try the same xings see what you get.
I think the reason it is a good price is because tuesday is still early for the big Le Mans push, and monday Cherbourg return because it is a s**t time.

Please have a look, I promise I have the acceptance booking here, and I rang P&O to confirm the price and Yep it is correct.

I have been going to Le Mans for 20 years and this is the best early price I have ever got.  BTW yes I was a Brittany ferries fan (Porsmooth as the french say to Caen) but was turned last year by the P&O Le Harve service the club class overnight was fantastic went on the tuesday night and there were only about a dozen or so people in club class had several settees to ourselves. Brill
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2003, 01:47:53 am »

I phoned P&O for Portsmouth/ Le Harve, Out monday morning and return on Sunday night. Car, 4 people and cabin each way came to £456. Mate gets the Brittany discount and that comes to £375 for same crossings apart from it goes to Caen, so we are booking this week so we can get on the return ferry. If it all goes to sh*t with the people not going, its £10 to cancel. Hate paying that much but makes the journey so much easier for us as we have to travel down from Newcastle ( and back when we bool off the ferry) so the cabin is a god send.

So thats me definitely going. Yippee
Will be looking for a spare MB ticket or 2 as we have decided to camp there next year. So if any of you chaps etc etc etc
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2003, 09:41:04 am »

Just booked mine, same route/times as Starbar, and yes it is true, £154 return for the Sud and three passenger.  I reckon there might be an error on their site....  Wink  

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
starbar
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2003, 09:12:30 pm »

welcome aboard dreamracer me hearty, I suppose there will be no contest on the way down to Le Mans, me with my sluggish A4 estate and van against your SUD, ahh but do you know the short cuts on route (wink wink)

Pete
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2003, 10:02:30 pm »

Forgot to say thanks for the tip!  Will see you on board or on the boarding area...!   My first time into Le Havre - I take it that it is an easy route?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: