Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 07:49:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back home again  (Read 24977 times)
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 11:29:43 am »

Back in one piece and, like Andy, trying to make sense of work and to remember what I was doing before I left last week.
Fantastic trip again this year. "Beyond the call of duty" thanks must go to Bas and all the guys from DMVLM who's hospitality is boundless, to Christopher (kpy) - good to see you again mate and to Ade (ajw) and his mum & dad for good company.

Hello to everyone I met at DfH on Friday night - Delboy and his mates (who burned the rice??), Rick Cutler, Amazing, Matt & Todd, Termie and Paul, Werner, Andy (thanks for the beer and chat buddy), DfH - thanks for the beers guys (who was the totally inebriated woman in the pink wig?), Peter the crazy Danish caravanner, Oliver Gavin for his time and last but not least, to Vavina Ickx for taking pity on me and letting me share her motorhome on Friday night when I was soaked to the skin.

If I've missed anyone out I'm sorry but my brain is still frazzled.

Right - Microsoft Outlook, click calender, select June 2011. Sorted.
Cheers Folks.

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 01:24:41 pm »

Got home about 7 last night thanks to Paul (Robbo) and crew. Many many thanks mate I really do appreciate the help you gave me. Big thanks also to The Brethren and Rick for getting my stuff back for me. Thanks to everyone else who offered me clothes and cash. It never fails to amaze me how the Club Arnage community pulls together when a member is in trouble. The hire van is still, or maybe not, on a field in France thanks to some thieving pikey bastard nicking the keys. All that remains now is to find out how liable I am for the recovery costs of the van (if it is still there) as Eurovans brakedown cover does not include lost or stolen keys.

Blimey Bob,

what happened?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 01:53:46 pm »

Back home early hours of this morning. Thankfully have another day off so can relax for a few more hours before getting the work head back on again!

Nice to catch up with Tom again and to pass on the good news about Wishy's continued recovery to others. (Spoke to Wishy this morning and he sounds pretty chipper).

There was even good weather at the weekend and a race with plenty of interest right until (almost) the bitter end. Only slightly less than a year 'till the next one.

I'm off now to take a look at the Drayson website.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 02:15:55 pm »

Got home yesterday, taken a good nights sleep to get brain working.
Another great year.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 06:35:02 pm »

Another safe trip home albeit tired knackered lack of sleep. (and being riden hard by a snoring rhino for 160 miles) lovely trip back. Nice one Ian good day.
usual copious amounts of alcohol, good company and organisation from Barry, thanks again.
Thanks to all for the memorable memories for this year (you know the ones... the sober moments). Fran thanks , a relaxing brilliant day out at chartre de la loir.
Evenings spent at Camp Liverpool boy, stu and nick thanks(the deep sleep friday).Mr U for a most welcome curry on a cold saturday evening, tasty. Great to see Lord Steve spent time to chat. Good to see our freinds from across the pond and catch up with Randy and a brucy bonus to meet his brother Mike (LM Virginity broken) and as usual great to see me old good friend the Moose, I hope you all had a great year at LM and a safe journey home   
What a nice last evening spent with Nick and Mike, I cant remember the last year it was so quiet......

Great to see Bob was supported so well by the CAer's around us - what a bummer
Thanks to all, Here's a single malt scotch raised to you all. So many of you all you know who you are - CHEERS

Andy
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 08:47:35 pm »

Just managing to get back to normal is taking time, but what a week !! Fantastic for so many reasons,
1. The quattro made it both ways within only a turbo pipe coming off on the way down just outside Rouen hampering progress for a while, until we fixed it with a few jubilee clips.

2. I managed to fulfill my duties as a course marshall all week despite the cancer that's trying to eat my spine . I've already applied for next years race so it isn't going to find things too easy !!

3.The next two pictures of a dead Peugeot and a driver with a face liked a smacked arse says it all as when this happened Audi were 1-2. It could only get better !!

By null at 2010-06-15

Not looking too happy on this one !!

By null at 2010-06-15

As Audi were showing their A1 I thought I'd show them what a real A1 Audi looked like !!

By null at 2010-06-15

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 09:10:31 pm »

......and last but not least, to Vanina Ickx for taking pity on me and letting me share her motorhome on Friday night when I was soaked to the skin.

Steve

You had better be joking sunshine!! You're a marked man, a marked man I tell you Angry

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 09:11:59 pm »

Stinky Bill and I got back at midnight yesterday after a less eventful drive home than outbound.
Cracking week and not without incident Wink
Still in recovery but my amazing nurse is taking care of me, and thats not Nurse Zarse who accompanied me on my visit to the medical centre!!

Now what was the name of the drink that Robspot invented.... and where are the pics of apocaliptic spot?

PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 09:31:35 pm »

......and last but not least, to Vanina Ickx for taking pity on me and letting me share her motorhome on Friday night when I was soaked to the skin.

Steve
You had better be joking sunshine!! You're a marked man, a marked man I tell you >:

I'm serious mate, I was staggering back from DfH Friday night early hours in t shirt, shorts and flip flops and was bloody soaked. I was round the back of the paddock and I saw her standing talking to some people. She'd signed a poster for me earlier in the day and I thought "bollocks, what the hell" so I called her over to the fence and she asked me if I wanted to dry off. She's very very sweet but I didn't stay, obviously, Just had a coffee and walked back to Houx.
Got a peck on the cheek though........

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 09:32:16 pm »

(who was the totally inebriated woman in the pink wig?),

Could be one of 3 I think - But I suspect you are talking about Rowena (or Weena as she's known on here)....her wig was purple, and I'm not overly sure I saw her come out of her inebriated state at all over the weekend Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 09:33:21 pm »

I'll make this brief as I couldn't possibly thank everyone for the amazing hospitality shown to myself and the rest of our group.  JPC - the best.  Robbo and gang - ditto.  Thanks for putting up with us.  Cheers to everyone I met for the first time and to those I already know.  A great experience - again.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Bob.  Hope everything turns out as well as it can.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 09:41:04 pm »

(who was the totally inebriated woman in the pink wig?),

Could be one of 3 I think - But I suspect you are talking about Rowena (or Weena as she's known on here)....her wig was purple, and I'm not overly sure I saw her come out of her inebriated state at all over the weekend Smiley
Thanks Brad for the explanation - I thought as much. Deplorable behaviour. Disgusted of Lincolnshire!
BTW Rowena - Way to go girl!!!!

NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 09:48:57 pm »

Evenings spent at Camp Liverpool boy, stu and nick thanks(the deep sleep friday).

What a nice last evening spent with Nick and Mike, I cant remember the last year it was so quiet......

Always a pleasure Andy it was a great way to finish a top Weekend
Hardpoint

YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 09:57:47 pm »

I'll make this brief as I couldn't possibly thank everyone for the amazing hospitality shown to myself and the rest of our group.  JPC - the best.  Robbo and gang - ditto.  Thanks for putting up with us.  Cheers to everyone I met for the first time and to those I already know.  A great experience - again.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Bob.  Hope everything turns out as well as it can.

I'll echo Rob's feelings as well. JPC and crew - can't thank you guys enough for the hospitality. You are the best.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 11:13:06 pm »

Listen guys, I didn't forget, Canada Phil, Mark (JPC), and Fran - sorry I missed you.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: