Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 04:09:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back home again  (Read 24973 times)
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 10:03:11 am »

Arrived home yesterday afternoon.

I would like to thank (in no particular order) Lord Steve, MikeC, Norway Nick, Stu, Team YFDS, Team JPC & DfH for making this a brilliant weekend as usual. I would like to apologize to those who got my camera & flashgun shoved in their faces on Friday night (pics are here http://www.flickr.com/photos/13953963@N04/sets/72157624283415628/).

I'm serious mate, I was staggering back from DfH Friday night early hours in t shirt, shorts and flip flops and was bloody soaked. I was round the back of the paddock and I saw her standing talking to some people. She'd signed a poster for me earlier in the day and I thought "bollocks, what the hell" so I called her over to the fence and she asked me if I wanted to dry off. She's very very sweet but I didn't stay, obviously, Just had a coffee and walked back to Houx.
Got a peck on the cheek though........

A signed poster & a peck on the cheek, all I got was the poster Roll Eyes. Anyway glad to see you were a true gentleman.

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Evil Genius Zarse
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 10:35:39 am »

Stinky Bill and I got back at midnight yesterday after a less eventful drive home than outbound.
Cracking week and not without incident Wink
Still in recovery but my amazing nurse is taking care of me, and thats not Nurse Zarse who accompanied me on my visit to the medical centre!!

Now what was the name of the drink that Robspot invented.... and where are the pics of apocaliptic spot?

PP

Rex

I put pics of apocaliptic spot on FB last night. Feel free to copy and dump in here.

Hows the leg?

Evil Genius Zarse!
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 11:20:49 am »

Got home Monday lunchtime.  Caught the ferry back from Cherbourg to Poole.  Can't remember which of The Brethren were on the same boat - big Merc Sprinter van with plenty of chrome on it.  Hi again guys.

Bob U - Hope you got sorted, sorry if we woke you up when we left on Monday morning.  Thanks also for the booze & constant offers of food. 

Same for Snoring Rhino & Tom, hope we didn't wake you. 

Tom, hope your clutch is ok after your major doughnut session!

Andy & Barry for being good neighbours & your endless knowledge & advice.

Fran - Good to meet & thanks for your help in fixing the zip on the tent!

Good to meet new faces - Randy & his brother, AJW whilst buying beers at the back of Tribune 21.

To everyone else thanks for making 2010 a very memorable year.

Thanks also to my travelling companions LuxExpat & Zozzer, plus Robin who is not yet reg'd on CA.

So planning for 2011 has started.  We're looking at a mobile home for next year, €115/day from Luxembourg.  Tempting!

Final words: -

Anthony Davidson - That was a sh*t move you made on the 'vette.  You need to be a man & apologise.  You drove like a dick & were lucky that you didn't kill yourself or anyone else.

Crouch..........bind..........set
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 12:12:55 pm »

I arrived back home in Lux on Monday lunchtime having camped on joint pitches with Landman

Really hope Bob got sorted

And as Landman said, already looking at large campervan for next year's jaunt  Cool

Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 01:16:48 pm »

Got home yesterday via a day in Paris which finished the weekend off nicely.   

Big thanks to Bob & the crew (sorry in the post le Mans haze I can't remember names  Roll Eyes  Embarrassed )
Bob hope the van gets sorted without too much hassle.

Anji another Le Mans virgin really enjoyed the weekend & the great people we met. now she knows why I talk about it sooo much. 

Here's to 2011 
JB

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 01:48:46 pm »

I'll make this brief as I couldn't possibly thank everyone for the amazing hospitality shown to myself and the rest of our group.  JPC - the best.  Robbo and gang - ditto.  Thanks for putting up with us.  Cheers to everyone I met for the first time and to those I already know.  A great experience - again.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Bob.  Hope everything turns out as well as it can.

Rob, an absolute pleasure mate. Great to meet you guys from the States. All in all a great Le Mans yet again. Maybe catch up at Sebring at some point in the future!!
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 04:15:40 pm »

Arrived back in Holland Monday evening, another great edition of the 24h.

Great camping on Houx, good company of Lord Steve, Kpy and Danish Peter and fun throughout the week.
I was planning to go visit camp Carnage on Friday but the torrential rain changed my plans, the sight of Steve (or what was left of him) arriving on our camp proved that decision right.  Grin

can't wait to get back for the Classic.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 06:33:05 pm »

Another enjoyable weekend, good company, good food, and good wine, even wandered over to the Clubarnarge encampment with my brother to see the vehicle formerly known as the pope mobile. Very good job guys.

Saw Bob U and Hardpoint but didnt hang around too long before the longer than expected walk back to the Annexe and meet up with the rest of the group who had ventured to town.

Sorry to hear that the pickys claimed another victim, but it sounds like by pulling together the agro was reduced slighty.

Felt sorry for the Pugs, but not Davidson, what a knob. real shame the Oreca one did not hang together, it would have been a real grandstand finish. Well done to Audi, and Straka who did a fantastic job plus all the other teams who made the weekend so memorable.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 10:58:17 am »

2. I managed to fulfill my duties as a course marshall all week despite the cancer that's trying to eat my spine . I've already applied for next years race so it isn't going to find things too easy !!

Gordon, sorry to hear the news, stay strong and hope the treatment works out ok for you.  It was great to see you and have a chat through the car window at the toll both on Sunday evening, the Quattro is a real head turner. I did pop down on Friday afternoon to your marshals post but you had just popped off to the pit lane.

Jules.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 11:41:16 am »

Well I finally got home again after a few scenic detours!!

It was lovely to see loads of CA/DFH'ers this year but reading through this thread I realise there are still lots that I missed again!  Where on earth do the days go - time seems to just fly by

Special mentions to Barry/Andy for feeding me on Wednesday, Andy for a nice day out and getting to tick the box for my "something new every year" - (not least part of which was the mystery cake!), BobU for curry night, Peejay and his gang for the grandstand ticket, JPC for sundry random drunken hugs in various locations....

Lord Steve - one of these days we shall get to share a cold beer - well not share exactly, one each would be better!

What can I say about the Saleen.... after years of devotion I get to see the old gal win a race - and its the big one! I couldnt have been happier!! Smiley

F
Mike

We are The Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 06:16:29 pm »

Back home late Monday with no real problems.

Huge thanks to DFH for their usual hospitality Friday night and great to meet some fantastic guys and girls  -although can't remember any names due to several hours / days of beer and vin rouge!

Chased off a couple of frenchies from MB on Saturday night - they had 'lost' their tent and thought that it might be hidden in one of ours! Must take more zip ties for the tent zips next year!!

Sounds like everyone got out and back safely so looking forward to next year!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 04:53:04 am »

The Moose has finally found his way home. Another great year. Thanks to all who made it possible and fun for me to attend.
Hope not to leave anyone out. Chris 24 for delivering me from Portsmouth and returning to Reading. Stu MikeC & Norway Nick plus Wayne for campsite comaraderie and food fest. The Bretheren for their continuous party and .....mobile. Werner for being first to hand me a cold beer in a glass Grin DFH for their continuous party.Chris Phil and Dave for a great day out on Friday to St Saturnin and the  drivers parade.
Tom for flagpole delivery and return.
Devon was sunny and Dad is doing as well as can be expected.
Canada Phil   
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 06:41:00 am »

Good to see you are back home safe Phil, it was a pleasure to enjoy your company for the weekend from the Pub in Portsmouth to the end of the weekend, you are welcome to join us anytime. I will have to send you Learning Geordie on tape so you can understand the words coming out of Stu and Wayne when they have had a few Grin
P.S Glad you Dad is doing ok.

Nick
Hope i can make Sebring next year
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 08:58:42 am »

The Moose has finally found his way home. Another great year.

I guess your the last to make it to you own bed so to speak.  I know you don't believe anything I say.   But I don't think they will believe that you went to all that trouble just to get a cold beer.  :-)  (and see your Dad.)

See you next year.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 09:33:54 am »

The Moose has finally found his way home. Another great year. Thanks to all who made it possible and fun for me to attend.
Hope not to leave anyone out. Chris 24 for delivering me from Portsmouth and returning to Reading. Stu MikeC & Norway Nick plus Wayne for campsite comaraderie and food fest. The Bretheren for their continuous party and .....mobile. Werner for being first to hand me a cold beer in a glass Grin DFH for their continuous party.Chris Phil and Dave for a great day out on Friday to St Saturnin and the  drivers parade.
Tom for flagpole delivery and return.
Devon was sunny and Dad is doing as well as can be expected.
Canada Phil   

Glad you got home safely Phil and your Dad's well. It was a pleasure to have our own personal 'Human Kangaroo TV' on site for race position updates, plus if you think I'm hard to understand, wait till the Haggis Munchers turn up next year.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: