Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 09:55:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in Blighty.  (Read 21500 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2011, 10:11:22 am »

I'm warm again!! 
Trip back was a trifle moist on Sunday evening.
Home after a great race and a great week.
Great to see everyone and hope you all returned without mishap.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 02:10:19 pm »

I'm clean again.  Undecided Undecided

Ian delivered home.  Many thanks to Laura for the Breakfast.
Phil delivered to Lymington as requested.  Thanks to Margaret for the Roll and Tea.
Still need to get rid of Doris.  (She's now clean too!!! ) To either Wokingham or LHR.

Great to see everyone again.  Let's doit again next year.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 02:27:45 pm »

Still need to get rid of Doris.

t.

LHR please driver so I can find out what's happening about this bloody ash cloud...

One last beer first though I think.   Grin

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 03:24:42 pm »

Thanks for the transport Tom, and the company of Doris and Phil, sorry i lived upto my snoring name. All Presure washed  down, a weeks growth shaved, scared my self on bike to work, arrived at 10am, just got to get through to 6.30 before home and real sleep.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 04:44:01 pm »

bugger  Cry

I missed dx Sad

Next year?

b

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 08:19:36 pm »

Just got back and now smell nice, going to now have a beerio and watch highlights on the box...

Team J.E.D.I
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 09:57:08 pm »

Arrived back at High Wycombe this evening, after stopping off near Rouen last night, and had a good run back today - lovely to pass and wave at Big Irtha making stately progress up the autoroute yesterday towards Rouen.

A grand race and a grand week away with friends; as usual, nice to see and catch up with all I met, The Brethren and DFH were their marvellously hospitable selves, and there was the particularly nice surprise of Doris making it over this year. 

Roll on next year....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 03:05:55 am »

Not long back home after a relatively relaxed trip back. Fantastic race with all the emotions - the McNish and Rockenfeller shunts were truly disturbing, their survival a testament to modern safety technology. An excellent race where we really didn't know who would prevail even after 23 hours plus, and in all classes. No work later today, giving a bit of time to return to normality.

Nice to share a bit of time with old (and not so old) friends.

Accommodation booked for next year, now all we need is for the ACO to sort out the ticketing to take out some of the uncertainty.

Here's to next year. What price a larger contingent of Aston fans after they surprise us all and make a silk purse out of a sow's ear??

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 08:09:27 am »

Back home yesterday but too tired to even look at a computer. Great to meet up with Ade, Wishy, Ollie and Neil and sorry I missed you Debs, you weren't there on the couple of times I came over.
I'd like to pay tribute to the doctors and paramedics on the circuit who looked after my son after he suffered a huge fit and spasm on the edge of MB on Friday afternoon. Ade and Kev, you were diamond fellas and thanks for your help, and to Mike thanks for driving me to and from the hospital. Also to the nurse who was camping on MB and who helped fantastically. I think I sensed an Australian or New Zealand accent so if that's you, thank you.
He was taken by ambulance to the drivers emergency unit on the circuit and stabilised before crashing again and being taken into the intensive care unit there. After an hour he was taken by ambulance to the large hospital in Le Mans where they looked after him in the emergency unit. The staff both on the circuit and in the hospital were brilliant and I can't thank them enough.
Got him home now and he's going for tests to find out what caused the problem but as you can imagine the weekend was a little more subdued than previous visits.
We returned with a planning list for next year though!

I tested negative for patience.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 09:21:07 am »

Steve, that sounds a truly terrible experience, I hope the lad's okay and makes a full recovery. Somebody said Wishy was taken unwell too, anyone know what happened?

It would also explain why I failed to track you down on MB on saturday morning when I was on MB cruising around for my Monster Munch breakfast. Please don't feel bad, I was delighted to find the Liverpool Boys had bought a giant box with them.

It terrible struggle of driving home from Pompey last night.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 09:30:57 am »

Steve, best of luck with your son, what an awful time.
Lovely time had with our group.
Hi to all we met and do i feel better after a good nights sleep.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:00:07 am »

Jeebus Steve that was your son? I remember walking by a guy in a hefty spasm, but as he was attended to and I didn't see familiar faces, I walked on. I hope he is ok now.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 12:29:29 pm »

Flamin nora Steve, Shocked

As previous said, hope your son makes a full recovery. Glad to see help was on hand both for you and yr lad.

Andy Z - no issues with Wishy, just checked with my lot who were camped with him.

best wishes,
Jules
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 12:31:58 pm »

First and foremost, Steve, I hope your son makes a full recovery.

Had a great time apart from my alternator (I think) failing 50 miles from Calais. Got home 3:30pm yesterday with car arriving 4 hours later. Hope I can reclaim the €212 it cost to recover my car from the peage and transport it about 1 mile  Shocked. Another 800 metres and I would have made the exit.

Nice to see Brian, Ian and Jimmy Liverpool make returns this year. Great to see all the regulars and share a beer or 2 with them. Roll on next year. Off to fix car  Grin
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 01:04:51 pm »

phew must have been a massive scare Steve

hope the doctors find out what is causing this as soon as possible to prevent any further issues

good to hear that emergency crews around the track are so capable and helpful, big compliment to them
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: