Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 02:10:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in Blighty.  (Read 21503 times)
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 08:15:16 pm »

Anyone know if Doris got off OK? 

She did, just chatted with her on fb, waiting for the final flight in the return trip. Not to happy the bars not open, at 5.30 am local time.

While I am back in NZ I'm not going to count my chickens until I'm back in The Bay having a lovely soak in the bath.  The ash cloud is causing pockets of chaos down here.  They've just closed Christchurch airport because of it so all I can do is hope the airspace I need to travel to / through remains clear because I'd rather have an hour on a plane than several on the loser cruiser.

As much as I'm not happy the bar is closed it's not a huge deal.  I mean breakfast cidre in NZ is just not the same as breakfast cidre at Le Mans.    Wink

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 08:46:11 pm »

Doris, I can't believe you're not home yet you must be hanging!

H, that's not me chatting to your son, I've no idea who it is but he has far less hair than me. I'm the fop in the corner of the tent, standing behind the alien from Galaxy Quest, nattering to Elton John. Anyway, I remember talking to your son, and to be honest he wasn't making a great deal of sense by that stage of the evening. Last time I saw him was at Silverstone in '04 and he was a tongue-tied teenager who couldn't bear to take his hands out of his pockets for more than five minutes. I don't know if you're aware but the lad is a drunkard.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:47:44 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 09:31:06 pm »

H, that's not me chatting to your son, I've no idea who it is but he has far less hair than me

Hmmm, that explains a few things then Andy, - I had to do a double take when you said you were in the pic, - but now I know that it was you in the corner, in the spotlight, I can see why I didn't recognise you either now or on the night.

Alcohol is, in turns, a truly wonderful and very terrible thing.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 12:38:20 am »

Yes, well, what can I say......

Cadillac had a major barf on the M20 at Brands Hatch on the way down on Wednesday.  The old girl chucked 8 litres of water out of the rad.  Thankfully, Henri Pescarollo was on hand in Dover to provide support via a VW white van.

After reconvening the following day, the run down to LM in aforementioned white van was relatively painless.

Thursday was spent in Houx realigning our chackras thanks to a healthy portion of Adnams finest.  A trip to the Stella bar was met by live Euro trash metal and Hoegaarden - no Leffe in sight!

Therefore, a late start on Friday in the pits was followed by a chance encounter with two blue extra terrestrials and copious Restaurant du Paddock style Stella.  This close encounter was stemmed by further Adnams on Friday pm and hence, no further play was available.

So, to the race; which was viewed from the Terrase du Jardin du Coube de Razorlight le Tertre Rouge sur Mer.  Some cars came past, smashed in to each other and disappeared towards the Virage du Mulsanne, closely followed by a jet powered Coupe De Ville.

As you can see, our 2011 experience was limited to Broadside, Spitfire and Old Speckled Hen due to the draconian beer ban and, thus, we were limited to the extent in which we could range far and wide from the safe confines on the third row of trees by the squat karsies in Houx campsite.

To that end, the only forms of human stlyie CA life we encountered were a man with a lawnmower, a bewildered gentleman from the White House, two blue aliens and a couple of termites.  To protect our sensitivities, we quickly retreated to the confines of the Sole Bay Brewery for some more euro trash metal.

Our retreat via Neufchatel was shattered by the appearance of a red eyed Frog called Sprite.

Apologies to those who I have not libelled here, we were in mourning for the demise of an incontinent old lady  Cry
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:43:02 am by Steve Pyro » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 01:00:30 am »

we were in mourning for the demise of an incontinent old lady  Cry

Hope with a bit of tender lovng care she will be back at the Classic next year.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 02:48:48 am »

Apologies to those who I have not libelled here, we were in mourning for the demise of an incontinent old lady  Cry

Steve - yea we missed you at Le mans as well, as my son knows you as "the egg man"

The strange bit is we did see the old Cadillac on the back of a recovery lorry, going the wrong way up the M11 on the Wen.

Hope she is not too terminal and she does make it back one day

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011, 11:06:23 am »

The lad on the right catching Canary Hand is, i think, BobU's son and it looks as if he's trying to mimic his old man's friday night behaviour some years ago.

No, the one on the left with blue jacket and beer in hand is Dom U. Surely you can see he is my son by how handsome he is.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2011, 11:52:57 am »

Jesus H Christ with a strimmer Bob!!
This alcohol thing is worse than I thought. It seems I've been feeding, watering and generally sponsoring your lad for the past 21 years. Can you please forward on your address so I can send you the the f*cking bill?
Warmly,
H

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 01:10:45 pm »

Holy sh*t. On closer inspection I've decided to get my peepers tested. Same hair colour and style, same jacket and about the same age. Simple mistake at a glance but God only knows what the consequences would have been had I been present in the drunken state I was in on Friday night. H, have you ever met my wife or are we breeding a nation of clones?
 And as for Zarse thinking the one on the right was my son, how f**k*ng old do you think I am?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 01:57:44 pm »

And as for Zarse thinking the one on the right was my son, how f**k*ng old do you think I am?

I think it's less a question of age Bob, and more one of genetics. Looking at the photograph of both your offspring, and also of photo 770 of 787 of H driving the Jag - which appears to show his son's head being at least 90 degress out of goose relative to his shoulders - I'm minded to think that Dr Mengele and his fruit bats got it all wrong. I'm in dread of what the Storche will bring me on 26th September...

Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 02:47:29 pm »

I think it's less a question of age Bob, and more one of genetics. Looking at the photograph of both your offspring, and also of photo 770 of 787 of H driving the Jag - which appears to show his son's head being at least 90 degress out of goose relative to his shoulders - I'm minded to think that Dr Mengele and his fruit bats got it all wrong. I'm in dread of what the Storche will bring me on 26th September...

what ...more sausages Mr.Z ??

Cheesy

The Brethren Rock
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 03:21:32 pm »

Thanks for all your replies and wishes guys. Jonathan is getting checked out on Thursday and I'll let you know if we find out more. I'm hoping it's been a one-off incident but it was very very scary at the time.
Thanks again

Steve

Very sorry to hear what happened Lord Steve - I hope everything goes well for Jonathan today. My best wishes. Simon
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 04:42:15 pm »

I'm minded to think that Dr Mengele and his fruit bats got it all wrong. I'm in dread of what the Storche will bring me on 26th September...

Andy, I'm a bit out of touch and I'm not sure what or who you're expecting in September, but if Josef Mengele, The Angel of Death, has been involved then I'd suggest it's probably worth reaquainting yourself with David Lynch's masterpiece - "Eraserhead". Or at the very least, "Escape to Victory".

I'm hoping to God you meant Gregor Mendel of birds and the bees fame, in which case getting outside of a few quarts of trappist beer whould be a better bet.

As for the head and neck arrangement, you're not far wrong, I think we both got out of the car looking like we were auditioning for the part of the Bug Guy in Men in Black. Not having any wing mirrors does that to you...

H

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 06:53:09 pm »

Gregor Mental, that's the bloke.

Eraserhead is a great film which I remain utterly baffled by. Rather like a long afternoon spent at the old LM champagne bar, I lose a grip of what's going on when those funny roast chicken things start appearing.

If all goes according to plan, September should see me become a father, if only in the genetic sense. A frightening prospect, not least for the poor infant. I wonder if in twenty years time I too will be stood at a friday party on BN taking photos of gurning young drunkards?

* holder1.jpg (55.79 KB, 540x720 - viewed 239 times.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:39:00 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 07:07:02 pm »

Gregor Mental, that's the bloke.

I wonder if in twenty years time I too will be stood at a friday party on BN taking photos of gurning young drunkards?

Better hope its a boy then, taking photos of drunken 20 year girls by a 60ish year old bloke may bring all sorts of attention!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: