Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 10:12:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMES at Silverstone - August 2004  (Read 22234 times)
Truffette
CA Veteran

Carpe diem !

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2004, 06:43:23 pm »

Hi there ! Smiley

I'm a newbie in club arnage, I'm a french girl, just coming back from Le Mans (great race, except for the pescarolo #17, too bad they couldn't finish Sad I love that team ! )

Well, I need to ask you some questions about Silverstone, I'm gonna go there for the first time in my life next august for the LMES race !

1st : is it possible to buy tickets for camping and all stuff at the last moment ? or do I have to book everything in advance ? is there any website that gives some information about ticket price, camping, ... ? (like lemans.org)

2nd : how much do you usually pay for the ferry when you come in France ? what company do you travel with ? Is there any problem to take the ferry with sportscars ? I have an old 911 RS 3.0 1974 replica, which is very low (the front spoiler is about 5 inches from the ground) and I'm afraid it could be impossible to come on board with it...

3rd and last question : will some of you come to Silverstone this year for the LMES ? I'd be pleased to meet you there !
And do you think many people will come ? Because for the first race at Monza, there were really not enough people !!!  Sad

thanx for all !

Truffette : o)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 07:26:30 pm »

Firstly, I for one will be at Silverstone.
As of now there is no website with ticket prices etc, but buying them on the day is no problem. Expect maybe a 40 -50,000 turn out maximum. The place holds 90,000 so no worries about getting tickets. We will be lucky if they advertise it here anytime before 3 weeks before the race. Camping shouldn't be a problem.

Got to end this here or I will get locked in at work !
Regards
Chris
Truffette
CA Veteran

Carpe diem !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 07:33:20 pm »

Hi Chris !

thanx for the answer ! Hope we'll meet there !  Cheesy

Any information about the ferry ?

I think I saw some of you last week end at 'le tertre rouge' corner, some guys in front of me were wearing 'club arnage' tee shirts  Wink

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 07:59:11 pm »

Ferry prices depend on which route you are taking - for Calais/Dover, I would expect to pay around 140-160 Euros; for the other crossings like Caen/Portsmouth you can pay up to 500 euros or more if you are on the night sailings with cabins booked.   Your 911RS replica should do fine on the main ferries - my MGA has about the same clearance and I've never had a problem. Grin  Enjoy the trip and keep asking questions - there is always someone here with the answer!

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Truffette
CA Veteran

Carpe diem !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 08:04:55 pm »

thanks a lot mgmark !

I have many other questions but I have to go back home... I'll see you tomorrow !

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 08:23:58 pm »

No worries - you may find some useful info about Silverstone here.

http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/

Never had the need to camp at Silverstone as it is only an hour from home; I don't know whether camping at the circuit will be available for the LMES race, so I can't really help with that one - if it isn't, there are plenty of places nearby.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 01:33:11 am »

Truffette, was that you behind the two of us at Tertre Rouge for the start? You should have said hello. Even if it wasn't us you should still have said hello, all the Club Arnagers at Le Mans were the greatest bunch of people you could expect to meet. I met a multitude of good people.

Bill

Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Truffette
CA Veteran

Carpe diem !

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 10:00:58 am »

Hi Perdu ! I wasn't at le tertre rouge for the start... I was in the Porsche corner, I saw the 2 Audis go straight into the tyres, and a Porsche and a Ferrari following them a few seconds after...
I spent a moment at le tertre rouge during the night and also on sunday morning... Smiley

next year, you can be sure I'll come and say hello  Wink

Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 12:29:30 pm »

your car should go up fine on the ferry,
A couple of Bike engined kit cars didn't fair so well - one cracked it's sump on the way over leaving its trail up the slipway.

critchetti
CA Veteran

Racing 24 7

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 01:01:45 pm »

The ALMS race at Silverstone a couple of years ago was THE BEST race I have ever witnessed. Hope this one lives up to it.

I slept in the car after and stayed for FIA GT race following day, a few others were camping, so no problems.

Racing 24 7
2005 Caterham Roadsports B
No 24
Truffette
CA Veteran

Carpe diem !

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 03:21:43 pm »

your car should go up fine on the ferry,
A couple of Bike engined kit cars didn't fair so well - one cracked it's sump on the way over leaving its trail up the slipway.

oh sh*t !!!  Undecided
how many inches from the ground was the kit car ? remember ?

critchetti : I guess you're coming this year ?  Cool

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2004, 03:26:17 pm »

I've been thinking of going to the LMES round at Silverstone, and camping there.

Let's keep this thread going and see who else is interested.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 03:26:50 pm by gibberish » Logged

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2004, 03:27:38 pm »

oh sh*t !!!   how many inches from the ground was the kit car ? remember ?

Don't worry - your 5" ground clearance will be fine!   Grin

bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2004, 03:41:06 pm »

mmmmm more chamonning eh? may well have to join y'all for this as it's just oop le road from moi.

A ferrari can't run on glue
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 04:11:29 pm »

Probable for Silverstone, but it will almost certainly have to a day trip on the bike, that will be a new experience, endurance racing sober Cry, well soberish Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: