Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 07:58:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold onto your hat Matt!  (Read 19391 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2004, 12:43:51 am »

Hello again...
Not as ferocious as the first one - but lasted 24 hours as opposed to less than 2, first time around.
My roof is totally knacked now, but my acquisition of a 4kw generator helped keep things a little more civilised - so much so, that I was able to watch the storm coverage on TV, which yeilded a few quite amusing but unintentional double-entendres...

"I don't want to get too close to the sea wall, because I might get sucked-off".

"If I step into the wind-flow, I really get hammered in the rear"

and my personal favorite.....

"... and now back to Deborah in New Smyrna Beach, you'll recall, in the last pictures we saw of her, she was being pounded terribly hard".

Finally, I find it incredible how Americans so easily invent new words. This morning, they interviewed the Orange County Sheriff about downed traffic lights. I quote, "We are experiencing some signalization issues".    
Huh?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2004, 08:23:50 am »

Glad to hear you're ok. BAM! got it worse. As DSC reports, their office and work shop has been seriously knackered by Frances. The roof was blown off but the Porsche is alright. Despite the damage, they will attend the next ALMS round at Road Atlanta. Time for the T.W.A.T.S. to step in ?

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2004, 02:18:58 pm »

Glad to hear it wasn't quite as bad for you this time round and good to see your sense of humor is still well and truely intact!  Wink

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
ridefast
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2004, 04:00:52 pm »

Glad you're OK, but just in case...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/2078085.htm?1c

Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: