Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 11:06:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittany Ferries 2006  (Read 17311 times)
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2005, 12:30:08 pm »

Andy had this this sent through in the last few days from LD, it may be of some use, it would seem they are running a ryanair/stelios type operation.

Many thanks for registering your interest in the new LD Lines Portsmouth to Le Havre ferry service which will commence operations on October 3 2005.

Initially the service will be based on a daily sailing in each direction departing Le Havre at 1700 arriving Portsmouth at 2130 and departing Portsmouth at 2300 arriving Le Havre at 0730 the following morning.

As I am sure you will appreciate it has taken a huge effort to put the operation together in a very short timescale to provide a continuity of service between the 2 ports.

One of the biggest challenges was to find a suitable ship and although the Norman Spirit is perfectly suited to provide a reliable year round service, it will not be possible to have all the onboard facilities available for the first few weeks of sailing.   

The service is positioned as a low cost no frills operation with a simple pricing structure based on a one way crossing i.e. a return is twice the single price. 

Pricing is seasonally banded and will also be demand driven to provide customers with travel options and allow us to provide competitive prices.

Onboard accommodation will focus mainly on good quality economy and club class reclining seats with a limited number of 1 and 4 berth cabins.

As the Norman Spirit has most recently been operating on the short sea ferry route, cabin and seating accommodation was very limited when we acquired the vessel.

There will not therefore be any reclining seats for the first week or so of sailings whilst we wait for the new ones to be manufactured and installed. We hope you will bear with us during this start up phase as the refurbishment takes place. 

We will regularly monitor accommodation usage to see if additional cabins are required.

Reservations can be made by visiting www.ldlines.co.uk

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2005, 01:37:21 pm »

£10 is probably a foot passenger...

I failed to sign up for the newsletter and it looks like I missed the opportunity...
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2005, 05:25:26 pm »

Whilst ld lines don't have any details, it seems you can get them, and book, at www.aferry.to

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2005, 05:53:36 pm »

Hmmm...not too shabby. Car + 2 for Le Mans week (out 11 June, back 18 June) is £192. Doesn't seem to be compulsory accomodation to push the price up like there used to be.

I paid about that this year for car/caravan + 2 Dover - Dunkerque.

Still, £50 Speedferries is booked...  Smiley

fidget
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2005, 06:09:43 pm »

A lovely update to this post after a lovely holiday.

Just to wait a few weeks for the booking spages
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2005, 06:54:47 pm »

Whilst ld lines don't have any details, it seems you can get them, and book, at www.aferry.to

I think you can already book at the page mentioned above...
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2005, 07:17:05 pm »

I don't care if they are a Mongolian run company if the newsletter they sent me is true. Return crossings start from £10! They seem to be running it on lowcost "Ryanair" lines where prices start off low, but increase  with demand. Regrettably their website, on which you are encouraged to book, does not yet feature the route. Doh!

Funny, when I looked at it Andy the route was there along with the  (expensive) pricing schedule. One boat at present out from Portsmouth at 23:00 back from Le Havre at 17:00

Mines a Gin & Tonic
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2005, 07:21:32 pm »

They seem to have changed it today.  Yesterday, ldlines.co.uk gave you a booking screen, but today it transfers you to ldlines.com.

I know several people on an ex-pat (in France) forum I go to have emailed the boss of LDLines complaining about the fares - perhaps he (they) are having a re-think, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

It doesn't concern me for LM, but I will still need to use the ferries to come back to the UK for my Marmite and a decent pint every now and again.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2005, 10:12:44 pm »

They want £420 for car & caravan, no cabin, and Brittany were £470 with cabin.  The boat sound like a rusty old bucket with no cabins at present, so I'm going to Calais.

They'll learn

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2005, 03:40:50 pm »

I have just bit their arm off for the fare for my Motorbike as it was quoted.
I have just saved 52 quid over Brittany turpin ferries.
Any bikers that go it will cost you £101 from tues to mon.
Now just a little packing to do and I am revved up raring to go for 2006.

Andy
fidget
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2005, 01:07:17 am »

I have just bit their arm off for the fare for my Motorbike as it was quoted.
I have just saved 52 quid over Brittany turpin ferries.
Any bikers that go it will cost you £101 from tues to mon.
Now just a little packing to do and I am revved up raring to go for 2006.

who did you book with.

I'm just doing my DAS course at the mo, so may want to take the bike ( that i may get )
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2005, 10:27:18 am »

Fidget
I just booked up with LD Lines. As i was the first biker they were happy to see me book a bike and made ammendments free. get the booking right first ime cos they charge 25 quid flat fee for making changes
Good luck
www.ldlines.co.uk

Andy
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2005, 04:21:21 pm »

Got the car and trailer on this route for a lot loess. Car and 2  are just over £200 which is ace.

Much better than the fuel, dover routes and more driving.

http://www.selfpreservationsociety.net/bookings.html

Take life by the horns and live it.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2005, 11:09:04 pm »

by the way Robbo, I likes your website. Issagoodun!

Did I say nice to have you back? Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2005, 05:00:31 pm »

Today the last P&O service set sail from Pompey. It's sad in a way, I remember we went on P&O to Cherbourg on my first LM trip in 88. The boat was the Pride of Winchester, it had only recently been changed over from Townsend Thorensen, a marketing exercise following the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster. There was orange paint poking out from under the shiny new blue gloss and even the cutlery in the Captain's Table restaurant still had TT etched into it.

Many a good night's kip was had in Captain Kats Comfy Cabin (the kiddies soft play area) on the way home. It was tough in them days!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: