Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 01:54:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pikies Arrested on Blue Nord.  (Read 26146 times)
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2008, 12:30:21 pm »

I'll post a full account later.

The short version is.

Someone saw a pikie stealing from a tent and caught him.
Police Arrived looked in their tent and it was like aladdins cave.
After the police left with the Pikie in the Van.
Somehow their car flipped on toits roof.  Also someone did some garafitti on it too.

I think there will be photos available soon.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:44:12 pm »

Thank goodness the police actually did something.

S-U-C-H a shame about the pikie's car, how very unfortunate for them, just amazing how these terrible things happen ......  Roll Eyes

Some tried to take our gazebo's while we were packing up, they got most upset when the lads threw petrol on them (the gazebos that is, not the pikies, more's the pity) and lit 'em up .... mouthed something about us 'better not be coming back next year' ..... hahaha, counting the days already! Grin
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 12:47:44 pm by JDS » Logged
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 02:38:29 pm »

Hurrah! A blow for democracy!   Grin Grin Grin

I wonder whether it was the suspicious types that I saw wandering around Bleu Nord on the Saturday afternoon as we were driving out to go to Arnage, and mentioned to the security bods  Huh  Two pikie type blokes with pikie wimmin in tow behind with pushchairs containing small kids.  Not the sort you see meandering around the campsites.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:20:37 pm »

Some "yoofs" walked past me around 16:00 on Sunday as I was collapsing my tent and to say the least they looked suspicious.

They definitely looked they were casing the joint.

My car also showed "alarm triggered", really wonder just what was going on.

Landman.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:31:40 pm »

Seen the photos Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 05:48:38 pm »

Landman- the yoofs and the Pikey's you saw could just be some people from Barnsley. They have passports now. 
 Don't be alarmed, just give them some ciggies and blue pop and they will not cause any bother.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 05:49:44 pm »

Seen the photos Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

share the fun.

Take life by the horns and live it.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 05:51:29 pm »

Landman- the yoofs and the Pikey's you saw could just be some people from Barnsley. They have passports now. 
 Don't be alarmed, just give them some ciggies and blue pop and they will not cause any bother.

Passports AND an uncanny ability to speak French like a native.
 Grin

LM

Crouch..........bind..........set
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 06:40:31 pm »

Right here is the whole scoop.

Having packed away all my stuff and said my farewells I was about to change my shoes and begin the long trek home.  When I realised I needed a final visit to the Portaloo.

At the end of the row a crowd had gathered round a tent where some French were camping there were some Police there too.
The Police where loading stuff in to their van so I asked one of the crowd what was happening and they said they had caught the Pikes stealing.
So I asked  "They did have a genny with a 'Nopanic' sticker on it".

The guy replied "Yes they have it in the van,  Tell that guy he seems to be in charge".

The guy was not in uniform in fact he looked a bit like a Pikie himself.

He showed me the Genny and sure enough it had the 'Nopanic' sticker.
"Yes! That's it" I said pointing at the Sticker.

He said you have to come to the Police station to collect it.

A couple offered me a place in their car as they were going to be following the Van to recover their stuff too.   So I rushed back to the car grabbed my phone and asked 'Lorry' if he could get the Genny back to the UK. One of his group could get in his caravan. (CA comes though again!).

Nick from our group came back with me to help carry if need be.

We jumped in to the car with the couple that offered the lift and we were off.  Following the Van with Blues and Twos, Down the wrong side of the road,  Though red lights and so on, On the way I called JPC & Doris to see if they had number for Neil.  One of them got though to Wishey
and he relayed the message to Neil who by this time was in Aloncon.  But would return to collect his genny.

Tom and Jo the couple giving us a lift called their friends back at the site. Who reported back that the car belonging to the Pikies was now on it's roof.

At the Station I was the first to walk in the duty office didn't speak English but we managed to made him understand that we were there to collect stolen goods that had just been brought in along with the Pikies. 

He had just started to give us the forms to fill out when three more people walked in. So he handed them the paper and as he did so another bunch walked in and the poor guys face was a picture.  I think didn't like the look of all the paperwork this was going to generate.

Having completed the form and Identifying the Genny again.  We were asked to wait 20 minutes.

Chatting to one guy and his wife.   They hadn't lost anything but had caught them in the act.  So held him while someone went off to get a the Police.

I made a formal statement and was then told I could take the Genny away.

Tom and Jo needed to get back to the campsite so I left Nick with the genny and went back to BN to pick up my car and so I could collect Nick if Neil could not give him a lift.

On the way back to Blue Nord we saw the Pikie car on a Flatbed.  It did look bit of a mess.

So that is my first hand account of what happened.

I understand that the Police took away the Pikie car.  The general consensus seemed to be the Police were worried that having flipped on to it's roof for no apparent reason they feared it might spontaneously combust.   I just hope it was not stolen like I guess the rest of the stuff they had.

I believe that someone attacked the car with a spade.

I'm waiting for a few photos of the Pikie car.

t

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 06:43:32 pm »

I think Chris 24 has the photos.  I'll have some in a day or two once I get them from the camera owner.

t.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 07:17:23 pm »

Chris has an excellent photo of the car with a rude word painted on the top. Grin Grin
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 08:36:59 pm »

This sounds like a blow for the good guys as unfortunately we were victim to a rather nasty attack by the pikies. Having left the site on Sunday night at about 5 to go for a quick dinner in Arnage (we had left nothing of significant value, a couple of chairs, some cooking utensils, a trangia, a table - all of which had been placed in our tent -luckily all our valuables were either locked in the boot of the car which was with us or on our person), when we left our pitch was well surrounded by neighbours - none of whom looked like they were leaving anytime soon. When we returned we found they destroyed our gazebos, stolen our chairs, table, trangia, bottled water, coca cola, utensils, Carrefour BBQ and a few other items but had left the few items worth nicking (a nice penknife, electric shaver). They had rummaged through our clothes bags.

Now here is what annoyed me - the way the campsites are going on a Sunday night with the security completely abandoning the site even though the site is advertised as being open till Monday a few thefts is almost inevitable - when we retuned our immediate neighbours had packed up but the site was still pretty busy. When I asked several pitches who had a clear view of the wrecked gazebos I was met with the we didn't see anything and a shrug of the shoulders, but there were a few guilty looks exchanged when I questioned them if they had seen anything. The gazebos were trashed it was not a silent attack. I finally found out what had happened when our German neighbour who was an old man on his own whose tent was pitched directly behind ours explained that he saw 3 french speaking teenagers of African descent was his phrase when he approached them to question them they got aggressive so he backed off. I don't blame him, he was 60+ and on his own. Who I do blame was the massive group of British lads who were within 50 yds of it and must of noticed and didn't intervene - however they were to busy digging up the field doing donuts, starting toxic fires, and throwing fireworks into said fire and hence shattering another groups tail light.

We had two girls with us - one of whom it was her first time and she is was pretty shaken up by the whole thing so I ended up taking the decision to cut our losses and clear off. We ended up checking into the Le Mans Nord Formule 1.

It was a sad end to a great weekend. I plan to send a strongly worded letter to the ACO regarding the campsite security as someone is going to get hurt or arrested by accident. Later I caught two kids rummaging through next doors rubbish after they had left - and I gave them some pretty harsh tongue lashing in proper angry Glaswegian. Turns out they were Danish kids from nearby who were just getting the water pistols they had left - it could of been a nasty incident if I had really lost my rag with them. It would then be me who would be speaking to the police.

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 10:17:59 pm »

Oh blimey... am I going to have to put all this into my campsite report for Bleu Nord?!!

Which site were you on Jay?

F

P.S.  Yet again, I had nothing stolen... whats wrong with my gear that even the pikies dont want it!  Undecided
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 11:10:11 pm »

We were out on BSJ. It was excellent and the toilet and shower facilities were kept spotlessly clean - much better than 2007. The cleaners stayed long after security left.

tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 11:52:32 pm »

Any success with the ***** keying cars on Houx Annexe?

Seen a Merc CLS, Porsche 996 and Alfa 147 keyed big time. The last two belonging to "Team Zarse"(?)
Another group of germans we spoke to has seen 10 keyed cars Shocked

Jesus, what's the sense of it? Not to justify it, but they didn't go for a special brand or a single group whose music/genny was too loud? Just randomly keyed expensive cars

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: