Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 12:56:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest Regrets  (Read 20280 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 06:22:54 pm »

I'm just yanking your chain Steve - could easily have been a transplant from an earlier year.
Last factory year for 427ci (until the current LS7) was 1969, with no less than five seven-litre engine options - giving a power range from 390hp right up to 435hp. These numbers were considered very conservative. ZL1's have been dynoed at 400+ so that suggests something like 450+ at the flywheel.
The C3 (Disco-Vette) is becoming quite fashionable again, just as well that they made so many of 'em.
If the one you refer to was factory spec, I'm guessing it was a '74 454ci - a nice car, no error.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 06:29:37 pm »

I regret grumping at my wife during the last day of her life. I knew she was gonna die soon, why couldn't I be more nicer to her then?

*clogged throat, sings off for know*

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 07:43:45 pm »

This could be very deep on a site well known for "messing about ".

I learnt a long time ago. take life by the horns, fight it if you must and live every day to the max.

Take life by the horns and live it.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »

Not buying a house in Central London and a Ferrari 250GTE in 1963 when I was two.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 08:59:00 pm »

Someone once told me years ago that you only ever regret things you never do, or  chances you never take.  Therefore, he said, just dive in and do the lot.

Looking over this thread seems to bear him out, most of the regrets are of things never done, chances never taken. Notable exception excluded.

Did I just say that out loud?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 09:08:46 pm »

I regret grumping at my wife during the last day of her life. I knew she was gonna die soon, why couldn't I be more nicer to her then?

...because you were suffering as well as her and I don't doubt she knew that.  Don't be hard on yourself Marius, remember the good times and how much you loved each other xxx
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 11:18:11 pm »

not taking the electrical engineering apprenticeship i was offered - what a stupid retard i was as i would now have a trade and more money  Roll Eyes

SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 01:16:46 am »

I would (as has been previously mentioned on this thread) say that I regret getting married, but I came to the conclusion a while ago that I don't. I learnt some valuable lessons from that brief dark period of my life, and if I hadn't been married then I'd never have got divorced. Which was the best thing that ever happened to me!! To those who haven't tried it yet, you must - it's a right laugh.

This brings me to my one regret: I was fortunate enough (whilst living in Zarse towers, shortly after my marriage broke down) to have an extremely pretty 19 year-old barmaid sat half undressed on my bed one night. This was after months of lending her a very sympathetic ear for all her problems until about 4am most nights of the week. A lot of effort I agree, but you haven't seen her! Well, on this fateful night, I finally managed to get her upstairs, but was soooo knackered from averaging 3 hours sleep for the previous ten weeks that, rather than tearing off her bra and going to work like a mal-nourished 2 month old, I simply fell asleep!!!

She did try to wake me, but I was capable of nothing more than spewing out the words "give it a rest, love". And that was the end of that.

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 01:28:08 am »

This brings me to my one regret: I was fortunate enough (whilst living in Zarse towers, shortly after my marriage broke down) to have an extremely pretty 19 year-old barmaid sat half undressed on my bed one night. This was after months of lending her a very sympathetic ear for all her problems until about 4am most nights of the week. A lot of effort I agree, but you haven't seen her! Well, on this fateful night, I finally managed to get her upstairs, but was soooo knackered from averaging 3 hours sleep for the previous ten weeks that, rather than tearing off her bra and going to work like a mal-nourished 2 month old, I simply fell asleep!!!

She did try to wake me, but I was capable of nothing more than spewing out the words "give it a rest, love". And that was the end of that.

That is very regrettable. I feel your pain.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 02:05:41 am »

not taking the electrical engineering apprenticeship i was offered - what a stupid retard i was as i would now have a trade and more money  Roll Eyes

Kev,

What do you do now?

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 09:08:01 am »

Kev,

What do you do now?

Never mind Kev, you probably have electrocuted yourself anyway!  Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 09:15:40 am »

That is very regrettable. I feel your pain.

I couldn't believe it when he eventually emerged from his filth pit the next morning and I jauntily asked him how "things went". He just sat there at my breakfast bar with his head in his hands rocking back and forth repeating the word "no". It was hilarious. I saw her last week funnily enough Steve. That slightly shy and awkward 19 year old girl is now a stunning and confident 23 year old woman. You FOOL!

My biggest regret is not sending Steve back to his wife when I had the chance. Now look what's become of him; a  sex person with an alter-ego dressed in a leather hood.  Cheesy

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 10:47:39 am »

According to Charles Dickens, "Regrets are the natural property of grey hairs", in which case I should be completely burdened down with regrets, but yet I'm not. 

Regret comes only after when knowing it could have done some good, so I resolved years ago when in the depths of depression to learn from my past, not repeat it, to approach things differently and look forward. 

So I just strive to live the dream, as it were, to the best of my ability. Grin Grin Grin 

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 10:56:59 am »

I regret not having a bigger winkle.
And maybe it being a different colour.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 11:32:40 am »

in the words of Frankie

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: