Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 01:56:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest Regrets  (Read 20281 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2008, 10:08:43 am »

and have spent all night scratching like a dog. Oh hum!

Better than licking yourself like a dog Dr S!   Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2008, 10:21:53 am »

and have spent all night scratching like a dog. Oh hum!

Better than licking yourself like a dog Dr S!   Grin
Thanks for the image, Fran.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2008, 03:03:14 pm »

I'm regretting sitting in the garden at eleven last night whilst having an hour on CA. The midges have eaten me alive and have spent all night scratching like a dog. Oh hum!

I regret that I have nothing better to do tonight than to sit in the garden reading this stuff with a few cans of Stella Artois, chilled to perfection, and a packet of Marlborough Lights while Lady S is out on the town.
Hang on...what am I saying? I don't regret that at all - in fact I can't bloomin' wait!
Wey Hey!!

I hope that there's plenty of interesting stuff to read to save me from very accidentally logging on to boysfood in a totally innocent and completely accidental way. I hate it when that happens.

I tested negative for patience.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2008, 03:28:56 pm »

to save me from very accidentally logging on to boysfood in a totally innocent and completely accidental way.

You must have known that I would have to log onto that and check out the easy cook recipes for batchelors!

Now I have got to clear all trace from internet history and other assorted nooks n crannies.   Roll Eyes
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2008, 03:59:40 pm »

Biggest regret?

Years ago I had a truly vast collection of Motown and Soul records which were worth a lot of money even in those days. I would spend most of my wages on the collection and didn't mind paying well  over the odds for a rarity. I would do a bit of DJing and my claim to fame is that I once did a 1 1/2 spot at The Torch in Tunstall.

In the mid 70s I got engaged to a girl who turned out to be a complete bitch. She persuaded me to part with the records to buy all the usual sh*t that you buy when you get engaged. Two years later she had f**ked off leaving me with out my beloved records.

Nowadays Ii is quite easy to get hold of the songs again if only on compilation cds and downloads but nothing beats taking a rare soul record from its sleeve a putting on a proper turn table.

That is my only regret in life. Oh, and not going to Le Mans 20 years before I did

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2008, 04:35:59 pm »

to save me from very accidentally logging on to boysfood in a totally innocent and completely accidental way.

You must have known that I would have to log onto that and check out the easy cook recipes for batchelors!

Now I have got to clear all trace from internet history and other assorted nooks n crannies.   Roll Eyes

Fran, Fran, Fran.
Not at work!!!!!
Especially not with the sound on!!!

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2008, 05:04:45 pm »

Old records Bob- now you're talking. Even though my record player was stolen from my flat 12 years ago I still have and buy records just for the smell. There's nothing finer than taking a taking a lovely shiny record out of its sleeve- a real sense of occasion. Call me a ludite but you can shove your  soulless I-pods where the sun don't shine. 
 I was thumbing through my records a few weeks back and discovered that the first Stone Roses single I bought was 20 years old- boy did that make me feel old.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2008, 05:09:13 pm »

I regret that I have nothing better to do tonight than to sit in the garden reading this stuff with a few cans of Stella Artois, chilled to perfection, and a packet of Marlborough Lights while Lady S is out on the town......
Sounds good to me.  I'll regret not doing it myself unless..........

You get dealt hands and some you win.  If they all won I'd be Ron Dennis or Nigel Mansell.  At the other extreme I could be the Lord Lucan lookalike Junglie Barry.  I'm happy with a fast car, the fags and the booze, and Lady L of course

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2008, 05:56:26 pm »

Old records Bob- now you're talking.

Old records indeed.  I've got hundreds of them and I wouldn't part with them for anything or anyone.  I can remember my grandfather once saying to me after I'd been on a shopping spree at the local record shop, "I don't know why you buy all those records.  You won't listen to them when you're older."  God rest his soul, he really didn't understand me when it came to my records. 

Bob - you should have known she was a complete bitch when she persuaded you to get rid of your record collection.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2008, 08:49:43 pm »

Sensing a change of direction here.....
Cheap Trick Live at Budokan on yellow Vinyl
Led Zeppelin - Trampled Underfoot on 7" single, free with the first editions of Physical Graffiti, apparently only 400 pressed worldwide.

I totally get the soul vibe especially the Northern Soul all-nighters but when in doubt ladies and gentlemen........GET THE LED OUT!

Steve (in the garden, 2nd Stella going down a treat)

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2008, 08:51:47 pm »

Fran, Fran, Fran.
Not at work!!!!!
Especially not with the sound on!!!

Fran please tell me you're not still looking at it!

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2008, 09:21:07 pm »

Fran please tell me you're not still looking at it!

Nooo - watching Celebrity Masterchef - much more what I had in mind!!!   angel

F
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2008, 09:23:17 pm »

Led Zeppelin - Trampled Underfoot on 7" single, free with the first editions of Physical Graffiti, apparently only 400 pressed worldwide.

I totally get the soul vibe especially the Northern Soul all-nighters but when in doubt ladies and gentlemen........GET THE LED OUT!

old records? Load of crap. I threw all mine away years ago. They comprised pretty much anything from the punk era from 76-79, loads of NWoBHM 80-83, ad loads of classic stuff from 60's R&B, 70's Prog rock, you name it. It's all underground in a landfill somewhere and long may the scratchy rubbishy vinyl stay there. CDs are old hat too, I even let my ex-wife take the entire CD collection five years ago.

Ipod/MP3 and digital means are the future, indeed the laptop I'm typing this on contains over 3,500 tracks, all stored logically in the iTunes program.

Get with the times guys!!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2008, 12:22:17 am »

old records? Load of crap. I threw all mine away years ago. They comprised pretty much anything from the punk era from 76-79, loads of NWoBHM 80-83, ad loads of classic stuff from 60's R&B, 70's Prog rock, you name it. It's all underground in a landfill somewhere and long may the scratchy rubbishy vinyl stay there. CDs are old hat too, I even let my ex-wife take the entire CD collection five years ago.

Ipod/MP3 and digital means are the future, indeed the laptop I'm typing this on contains over 3,500 tracks, all stored logically in the iTunes program.

Get with the times guys!!

Wherever did you get all those??? You must be one of those llegal downloaders!  police

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2008, 12:58:31 am »

Old records Bob- now you're talking.

Old records indeed.  I've got hundreds of them and I wouldn't part with them for anything or anyone.  I can remember my grandfather once saying to me after I'd been on a shopping spree at the local record shop, "I don't know why you buy all those records.  You won't listen to them when you're older."  God rest his soul, he really didn't understand me when it came to my records. 

Bob - you should have known she was a complete bitch when she persuaded you to get rid of your record collection.

Dx

Vinyl... Still buy it now, can't pass a charity shop without rooting through the old record box.
My best is the first pressing, totally immaculate copy of the soundtrack to Vanishing Point.
How very sad!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: