Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 09:28:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest Regrets  (Read 20273 times)
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2008, 01:03:41 am »

The only early stuff I kept was Beefheart, Mothers, Zappa,  Zeppelin, Groundhogs, Emerson Lake and Palmer and of course the one and only Mr. Edgar Broughton.

The Brethren Rock
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2008, 05:39:16 pm »

The only early stuff I kept was Beefheart, Mothers, Zappa,  Zeppelin, Groundhogs, Emerson Lake and Palmer and of course the one and only Mr. Edgar Broughton.

Groundhogs... now that brings back memories, Tony TS McPhee

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2008, 12:39:14 am »

One massive regret.

i wasnt the entapreuner that richard barnsom is.

And that i could spell.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Big_M

I am a gay man trapped in a women's body

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2008, 07:50:15 pm »

the first Stone Roses single I bought was 20 years old- boy did that make me feel old.

Stone Roses - stone me!  My first Album was the Rolling Stones "let it bleed" in glorious mono - still have it.

Two main regrets - not buying the Triumph Bonneville Silver Jubilee I was offered and using the money to get married (divorced 10 years later)

Not going to Art school because everyone was telling me I should. 
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2008, 03:27:12 am »

Sensing a change of direction here.....
Cheap Trick Live at Budokan on yellow Vinyl
Led Zeppelin - Trampled Underfoot on 7" single, free with the first editions of Physical Graffiti, apparently only 400 pressed worldwide.

I totally get the soul vibe especially the Northern Soul all-nighters but when in doubt ladies and gentlemen........GET THE LED OUT!

Steve (in the garden, 2nd Stella going down a treat)

old records? Load of crap. I threw all mine away years ago. They comprised pretty much anything from the punk era from 76-79, loads of NWoBHM 80-83, ad loads of classic stuff from 60's R&B, 70's Prog rock, you name it. It's all underground in a landfill somewhere and long may the scratchy rubbishy vinyl stay there. CDs are old hat too, I even let my ex-wife take the entire CD collection five years ago.

Ipod/MP3 and digital means are the future, indeed the laptop I'm typing this on contains over 3,500 tracks, all stored logically in the iTunes program.

Get with the times guys!!
Hmm.. that lot you dumped may well have been worth enough to pay for a new set of tyres for the Commer!
I remember taking a carrier bag full of 7" singles into a record shop in Boscombe (when PP Towers was being sorted),they were in an old caravan that was so old that the trees either end of it had crushed it inwards as they grew fatter... It was all Country & Western. Shite! The shop owner leafed through and offered £150 before finishing his rummage.
Old vinyl is precious, should be treasured and cared for... imagine my mates reaction when he saw that a Red vinyl 7" of "Little Red Corvette" by prince sold for £700... he swapped his  unplayed, sealed copy for a pack of fags!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: