Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 01:48:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1000 Km @ Le Mans  (Read 13914 times)
Fax
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2003, 06:12:44 am »

Guys,
I almost hate to ask this but, from looking at the pics...was anyone there besides you.
Fax
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2003, 08:31:45 am »

Attendance was sparse, to say the least. Grandstands were open and free to use, and, despite the weather, still had plenty of room available. One of the luxuries was being able to take your car inside the track (which you can also do at pre-q) so that you can drive from vantage point to vantage point. The main car park for this was a square behind the champagne tent area. Driving around was easy due to lack of pedestrians!

I wouldn't like to guess how many were there, and whether it was a financial success...
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2003, 09:00:18 am »

Attendance was sparse, to say the least. Grandstands were open and free to use, and, despite the weather, still had plenty of room available. One of the luxuries was being able to take your car inside the track (which you can also do at pre-q) so that you can drive from vantage point to vantage point. The main car park for this was a square behind the champagne tent area. Driving around was easy due to lack of pedestrians!

I wouldn't like to guess how many were there, and whether it was a financial success...

Between 10 000 and 17 000 people according to media

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Fax
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2003, 02:09:03 pm »

I just can't for the life of me understand why with the exception of the 24 Hours, sportscar racing in Europe just doesn't seem to draw very well.  Here in North America at a Grand-Am series race you can probably count the number of spectators on one hand but the ALMS draws large crowds at every venue.  The ALMS gets quite a bit of press over here though.
John
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2003, 03:28:05 pm »

Maybe the lack of spectators was due to the time of year. I talked to more than just one who said that a race at LM in November would be a stupid idea.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2003, 04:33:16 pm »

Maybe the lack of spectators was due to the time of year. I talked to more than just one who said that a race at LM in November would be a stupid idea.

I agree, most people tend to hibernate this time of year and the only thing that seems to be in peoples heads is whether they can afford to buy the new Action Man with the real hair, gripping hands and realistic genitalia for little Jason for Christmas.

I would have dearly wanted to go but (40th birthday aside) the thought of rain, cold and wind tended to dampen the urge to make the journey.

Also, I would think the majority on non CA / ACO members that go to Le Mans in June for the 'crack' didn't even know this event was on.

Steve East Anglian cobras

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2003, 01:11:41 am »

I reckon you've hit the nail on the head there Steve - not enough publicity. If they'd advertised it, say, at the June event, there may have been more there.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2003, 09:27:41 am »

But in last June, most of details wer'nt ready for an official release.....

BTW now we have to concentrate on the next race... With LM, LM Classic and Le Mans Series it gonna be a long, long summer in Europe  Grin

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2003, 04:06:29 pm »

But in last June, most of details wer'nt ready for an official release.....

BTW now we have to concentrate on the next race... With LM, LM Classic and Le Mans Series it gonna be a long, long summer in Europe  Grin

Yeah, but Warm , Sunny and Not Raining , Cold , miserable .....

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: