Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 01:27:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...next year....  (Read 7582 times)
sbull9
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2005, 03:34:08 pm »

I am arranging my first trip to LM next year as part of my 50th celebrations (well there has to be a positive side to it !!). Does anyone know the dates for 2006?

...what's wrong with warm beer anyway...?
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 03:48:12 pm »

It should be 19-20 June but the ACO will not confirm this until much nearer the date.

Why not go this year as well then you will know the score and enjoy your 50th even more.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
sbull9
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 03:51:37 pm »

If only I could,  prior engagements unfortunately. Still my birthday is 14th June so it is going to pretty well timed anyway!!

Thanks for the info... Wink

sbull9
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 03:53:54 pm »

...actually Bob U do you mean 17/18 June ?

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 04:01:36 pm »

I do, sorry.
 A prior engagement is no excuse.
Last Friday was my sons engagement party and the one piece of fatherly advice I offered him was--------

DO NOT BOOK YOUR WEDDING FOR LE MANS WEEKEND.

To quote A Zarse esq--- "The 3rd weekend in June is booked between now and eternity"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 04:19:05 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 05:08:15 pm »

It could also be the weekend of the 10th/11th June, depending on what side of the bed the ACO officials get out of!!
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 05:26:48 pm »

Help

I am going this year no problem no help required. Next year is the problem I will also be celebrating the big 50 Sad However her indoors has decided that as a treat she is going to book with Air Track for me. No problem you might say all is well Grin This where the plot takes a sinister turn, she wants to come as well. Suggestions please Wink
sbull9
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 05:43:11 pm »

...divorce...!!

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 05:58:52 pm »

Murder the bitch.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 06:01:13 pm »

And definately avoid Airtrack!!!!!!!   They charge a fortune, and as Rick Cutler is discovering this year, they're not very helpful (Rick has just discovered that they haven't booked his ferry place!!)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 06:17:28 pm »

Then put her in a bath of acid.
Trust me.

While I'm on....JPC me 'ole adjustable ratchet, our bunch of merry men (or tetchy girlyboys, depending on what you're drinking) are down on their unkers this year. I'm looking for someone with a bit of trailer space so we can get a fridge down to the Maison Blanche Holy Grill. I recall you mentioning, maybe in a lucid moment as you fell out of a doorway near the Strand approaching Christmas, that you may have space. Is this likely? If not, are there any other kind souls out there who could help?
Please God, no warm beers, noooo, I can't take it not again, and you and your disciples can stick Jean Deluc in that bath with Whiteys missus, that bastard let us down last year.
errr..
H

Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 06:55:32 pm »

went with "pay and more" last year, a number of extras on top of basic price which bumped it up, the buggers even charge full price for someone who was only 10

so organised it myself this year expecting my tickets to come via Thailand as did the confirmation of booking

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 07:23:08 pm »

Then put her in a bath of acid.
Trust me.

While I'm on....JPC me 'ole adjustable ratchet, our bunch of merry men (or tetchy girlyboys, depending on what you're drinking) are down on their unkers this year. I'm looking for someone with a bit of trailer space so we can get a fridge down to the Maison Blanche Holy Grill. I recall you mentioning, maybe in a lucid moment as you fell out of a doorway near the Strand approaching Christmas, that you may have space. Is this likely?

I'll be finding out what size van we have this week!! Once that's confirmed I'll know what we are like for space, but it is looking favourable. You'd just need to get it to Basingstoke the week before. Will you be wanting to take it home afterwards or will it be like Stu's house clearance model that will get left behind? We're planning on dumping and or storing quite a bit of our stuff over there to create lots of space for beer and wine on the way back!!
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 07:50:46 pm »

Personally, I'd rather leave the lads there and bring back the fridge. Although if the truth be told we haven't got the fridge yet, so I guess it will depend on how much we pay for it. If we get a new one would it still be feasible to bring it back, you could always fill it with booze?
If not, I'll keep my eyes peeled for an old one that we can leave behind.
Getting it to your neck of the woods wouldn't be a problem, and who knows, we might find time for a pint?
H

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 07:59:10 pm »

Local Free Ads is usually a good source. Mine had been used by a fisherman for keeping his maggots in - and it was free to anyone who took it away.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: