Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 06:49:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 2262 times)
Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:05:05 pm »

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:48:32 am by Ferrari Spider » Logged
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 11:37:03 pm »

What a fantastic system - love it - now, that is a classy interpretation of policy guidelines if I ever saw one..... and I loved the following quotes from Italians involved in the system ....

"We don't like the rules, so that's why there are so many accidents. There are so many of us, there's a lot of traffic, so you must go fast because we don't have time".

"There are hundreds and hundreds of cars, it's impossible to drive normally, so that's why we break the rules."

"Throw into the mix the fact that 14-year-olds can currently drive scooters or microcars without even a licence or a driving test and it is easy to see why Italian roads are so chaotic".

An entertaining translation into English here - http://www.italy-ontheroad.it/England_road_file/English_road_rules.pdf -seemingly, dropping a bit of oil gets you 4 points; failing to stop for the police attracts 3 points....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 11:35:23 am »

Could be a problem when parking on a hill, or is there a big soft pad at the bottom to rest your car against!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: