Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 07:32:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Camp at Bleu Nord is go!!!!  (Read 88811 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2009, 06:16:21 pm »

If someone who has been a member of CA since 2003, with over 600 posts, can't get tickets because 25% of the allocation have been taken by a relative newcomer, then somethings gone badly wrong somewhere. Sad
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2009, 07:00:11 pm »

With regard to being able to order the tickets from TL if go along with the premise of membership of CA, minimum number of posts etc, how does this stack with DfH and Werners team?  I'm sure there are crew members who never post on CA but they are included and deprive a CA member who meets the criteria from a chance of camping up in the CA Village.

Well, Peter, that would be the same for the brethren then and team JPC etc. etc. I am not offended in any way by your remark and do understand your point. However, the people from our group not posting on this forum are friends with almost everyone who does post here from all te various CA groups that do join in at Le Mans. Policing this issue would be very difficult!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2009, 07:19:46 pm »

I'm sure that Kenn and his pals are delightful and I hope to meet you all, but I tend to agree with Barry - it's a crying shame when people we don't know are catered for and Christopher and his like are not.  Was this the original point of the block booking - I thought it was so you could be all mates together, was it not?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2009, 07:23:10 pm »

Like all things in life, there is never going to be a way that is fair to everyone as everyone has different views. If it was a fair world we would all be able to buy the tickets that we want from the ACO and not have to endure the lottery system that they have now.

So basically a first come, first serve system is going to have to be the fairest way for such things. So long as your group contains a Club Arnage member, then they are ok to buy pitches on the Club Arnage site. It would be wrong to put a restriction on who can apply for a pitch by the number of years they have been a member or number of posts.

That would be being elite ist and then who would decide where to draw the line, as Club Arnage is a forum for everybody, its not an army or organisation with a pecking order.

Lets not lose sight of the fact that the camp site isn't ours, its the ACO's campsite and we or in fact Team Langoustine only have an allocation for pitches on the site which they chose to offer via the Club Arnage forum first. So it should be up to Team Langoustine to ultimately decide who they accept applications from, so long as they meet the critetia of being a Club Arnage member or part of a group which includes Club Arnage memebrs.

Some members for example have been registered on the forum for years, but for their own reasons have chosen not to post on the forum but do read and keep up with whats going on, on a daily basis. The reasons they don't get invloved with posting is because of all the silly bickering so they would preffer to keep their distance.

It also tickles me to think that it was only 3 years ago that alot of people on this forum looked down their noses on the Bleu Nord campsite and were disgusted at the prospect of being put on there instead of Maison Blanche.

For some of us, Bleu Nord has been our campsite of choice for over 10 years because we wanted to be on there, but now that Maison Blanche is not longer available and everyone else has been trying to get on Bleu Nord as the only alternative its made our life more difficult.

It would be interesting to know how many people that are on BN now would bolt at the first opportunity and go back to MB if they were offered tickets.

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2009, 07:47:55 pm »

Jesus. What have i missed. Well, about 3 months i think. New houses, you got to love em . . or paint, strip, re-paint, re-plumb blah blah blah.

All this comes back to one thing. The ACO are sh*t. What on earth happened to asking for a sensible amount of tickets from them, and then using them.

Thanks should go to Andy at Team L for even offering these tickets.

But stop the moaning. Anyone can put on 100 posts quickly, and just write complete rubbish, or talk long and old tales of bull pooh.

Those who are organised enough to ask ealy, should get tickets. Those who aren't  . . . . .

I best go back to lurking or having a few months off from posting now.

Still got to sort the garden . . . .

Robbo out.

Take life by the horns and live it.
andymac

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2009, 07:49:25 pm »

Gents
I hope we can put this to bed with a little good news.
Firstly TL is just like CA. We are a group of guys who found that to get the sites and stands we wanted without the ACO lottery, we had to go about it in a commercial manor. This is primarily why we have allocated our entire Bleu Nord allocation to CA. So I totally understand the disappointment when some of the CA regulars are unable to join the majority in BN.
All of the members who have approached me for places have been allocated on a first come first served basis. as far as I am concerned, this is the fairest.
One regular group in particular has missed out. This was due to a error on my part. One of your members ' Pedersenkorsager ' has been kind enough to reduce his request to enable this group to be given their original requested number of passes.
We still have a request in place for an increase with the ACO, but until I hear from them, here is a list of all those allocated places.

Derek Appleyard   3
Peter Catchpole   2
Barry Redford   4
Werner Kirschman   12
Chris Bauer   6
Marius Longtall   8
Paul Robertson   4
Bob Underwood   4
Mark Every   10
Kenn Korsarger   12
Paul Nicholls   1
Tom Gamble   4
Russell Pearman   20

You will each receive an email confirming this, but I hope you can now start planning for 2010.

Andy
TL
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2009, 07:51:13 pm »

I have been emailing with Andy at TL, and to meet the demand from other CA users we agreed that I will be holding 12 tickets instead of 20. This should meet the demand at the moment. I hope that TL will be able to get some extra pitches, or we just have to move closer together. (This might not be bad, as there might be a few girls…..)
I am sorry if any of you have had the feeling that I was pushing you out. As said earlier this has never been intended.
I think the debate on the subject of who and how many tickets can be obtained by a member has been constructive, and I think that it would be a good thing to write up some guidelines for next year. (Even if this means that I might not be able to buy tickets this way)
See you in France
Kenn

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2009, 07:59:59 pm »

Peace has returned and good sense prevailed!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2009, 08:04:39 pm »

ups, can see that Andy is typing faster than me Wink

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:46 pm »

Hi Kenn you might have been a bit more welcome if you had said earlier that you were bringing girls along :-)

I am not bothered either way as I am not going... BUT, does anyone have spare MB for the Classic as myself and Dr Sconefinger and gang are without... thanks if you can help or have info.

Hope you all have a wonderful June anyway.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2009, 10:50:34 pm »

Just a thought.

Seeing as pretty much everyone is on BN next year what are the chances of the Friday Night Party happening again  Huh Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:21 pm »

Just a thought.

Seeing as pretty much everyone is on BN next year what are the chances of the Friday Night Party happening again  Huh Grin

I know my brain was in meltdown, but didn't it happen this year?
Prehaps it was just a dream?
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2009, 11:38:03 pm »

There was some kind of partying going on this year on fridaynight, but not as big organised as in previous years. This was partly due to lack of funds on our side, but also the unsurity in security for the gear we would have to bring down for it. And by the way things are looking at for 2010, we won't be able to pull it off also then. But big party/small party, we'll have a great time anyway.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2009, 11:55:05 pm »

Crikey i havent been on CA for a couple of weeks and its all gone BN crazy!

Unfortunately Est and I wont be able to make it to LM next year as we have to work at another race but if for any reason this changes then we'll be there with bells on  Cheesy

Hope you all get to camping passes you want  Kiss x
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2009, 08:51:29 am »

Like all things in life, there is never going to be a way that is fair to everyone as everyone has different views. If it was a fair world we would all be able to buy the tickets that we want from the ACO and not have to endure the lottery system that they have now.

So basically a first come, first serve system is going to have to be the fairest way for such things. So long as your group contains a Club Arnage member, then they are ok to buy pitches on the Club Arnage site. It would be wrong to put a restriction on who can apply for a pitch by the number of years they have been a member or number of posts.

That would be being elite ist and then who would decide where to draw the line, as Club Arnage is a forum for everybody, its not an army or organisation with a pecking order.

Lets not lose sight of the fact that the camp site isn't ours, its the ACO's campsite and we or in fact Team Langoustine only have an allocation for pitches on the site which they chose to offer via the Club Arnage forum first. So it should be up to Team Langoustine to ultimately decide who they accept applications from, so long as they meet the critetia of being a Club Arnage member or part of a group which includes Club Arnage memebrs.

Some members for example have been registered on the forum for years, but for their own reasons have chosen not to post on the forum but do read and keep up with whats going on, on a daily basis. The reasons they don't get invloved with posting is because of all the silly bickering so they would preffer to keep their distance.

It also tickles me to think that it was only 3 years ago that alot of people on this forum looked down their noses on the Bleu Nord campsite and were disgusted at the prospect of being put on there instead of Maison Blanche.

For some of us, Bleu Nord has been our campsite of choice for over 10 years because we wanted to be on there, but now that Maison Blanche is not longer available and everyone else has been trying to get on Bleu Nord as the only alternative its made our life more difficult.

It would be interesting to know how many people that are on BN now would bolt at the first opportunity and go back to MB if they were offered tickets.

Thanks for the support Debs and Barry, and I generally agree with Chris24.

I have been on BN for several years now, and in the past BS, KN, Houx and HA. In fact, one of the few I have not been on is MB! So not sure I would be making a bolt if it was offered.

Anyway, I understand the principle of first come first serve. Obviously our group were slower to decide if LM 2010 was a goer or not, hence we lost out.

As I said, time to think of a plan B..... Huh Something will hopefully present itself.

I certainly did not want to be the one to start another heated discussion on here.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: