Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 02:20:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Corrupt F1?  (Read 16486 times)
Fax
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 05:27:17 pm »

Oldtimer, once again let the money and media influence go.  Just fine with me, let the big manfacturers create their own seperate series.  Champ car racing over here has shown just how devastating trying to run two parallel series can be to the health of the sport.  Let them all cut their own throats and fall out of favor with the media darlings, the casual stick & ball fans, watch the TV and attendance ratings plummet, and have to start over.  As far as I'm concerned its the best thing that could happen to F1.
Nordic, agree with you regarding Brundle, fine sportscar driver and journeyman F1 driver.  Never looked remotely like being world champ material though. Was almost always overshadowed by his F1 teamates.
Fax
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2006, 10:56:35 pm »

Shows you how much money F1 one has, i knew one designer who spent the whole year designing throttle linkage's, and another who only did the front top wishbone.
They were both bored shitless.
F1, more money now and less entertainment.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 07:54:42 am »

Semi-related:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17477.html

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 09:01:23 am »

Interesting.....

I wonder how many more stories and truths will come out over the years to come about the 'greatness' of the Schumacher / Ferrari combo.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2006, 10:33:37 am »

Interesting.....

I wonder how many more stories and truths will come out over the years to come about the 'greatness' of the Schumacher / Ferrari combo.

here are some interesting quotes from around the paddock http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=General&PO_ID=37268 before you start, I know they are from the cock shop Wink
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2006, 10:39:34 am »

Fawning bunch of bastards.

I'm not a fan of DC but at least he has the bottle to mention spoonfaces race ethics.

Good riddance I say.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:41:33 am by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2006, 10:45:28 am »

Fawning bunch of bastards.

I'm not a fan of DC but at least he has the bottle to mention spoonfaces race ethics.

Good riddance I say.

lets wait until next season and see if those words remain true Wink
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2006, 11:23:15 am »

I know I'm not as close to death as some of you guys  Cheesy, so therefore can't remember when Fangio was racing, but I can't see there being another driver half as good as Schumi in my lifetime. It's a big loss to the sport, and it is still a sport thank you Mr Alonso.

Shame about the flying teddies though, I hoped our current world champion was more mature than that. Survey says XXX. Good luck with your McLoser car next season though eh.

A ferrari can't run on glue
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2006, 04:12:22 pm »

Ello Bird, how's married life?

Schumacher entertains and infuriates in equal part but he can never be the greatest IMO despite what the record books say. If one was to write a 1950's Boys Own story about a so-called "typical" German bad egg, you know, the worst kind of foreigner; a liar, a cheat and a scoundrel with a massive chin, palid complexion and who says "for sure" at the end of every sentence, well he would be an absolute blue-print for such a character.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
nickliv
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2006, 05:06:57 pm »

Ello Bird, how's married life?

Schumacher entertains and infuriates in equal part but he can never be the greatest IMO despite what the record books say. If one was to write a 1950's Boys Own story about a so-called "typical" German bad egg, you know, the worst kind of foreigner; a liar, a cheat and a scoundrel with a massive chin, palid complexion and who says "for sure" at the end of every sentence, well he would be an absolute blue-print for such a character.

for sure.

Andy are you familiar with the chap? www.thechap.net
Fax
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2006, 05:20:08 pm »

Here we go!  My opinion about TGF (as Kate calls him)
is the same as mine on Senna.  Schumacher will never be rated as a one of the greats as far as I'm concerned because of his on track ethics (or lack there of).
World titles and race wins don't mean squat to me.  What is the title "World Champion" worth anyway when it doesn't count the likes of Stirling Moss, Gilles Villeneuve, Ronnie Peterson, Dan Gurney, and Tony Brooks as title holders.  Its not about how much winning you've done, its the way it was done. Wink
Fax
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 05:31:18 pm by Fax » Logged
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2006, 07:14:51 pm »

Did someone mention Senna?Huh Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2006, 11:44:01 am »

Any bets being taken as to whether Fernando will decide F1 is a sport again?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2006, 12:50:19 pm »

Do you often wonder if Bernie has a switch which nadgers a drivers chances?  Whats the chance now that Mr Schumacher wins in Brazil and Mr Alonso comes 9th? Wink
nickliv
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2006, 09:26:33 pm »

Do you often wonder if Bernie has a switch which nadgers a drivers chances?  Whats the chance now that Mr Schumacher wins in Brazil and Mr Alonso comes 9th? Wink

Don't give them bloody ideas. Bernies nobble - o - matic machine must be nearly worn out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: