Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 01:37:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida racing?  (Read 8601 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 07:27:59 pm »

What a beautifull looking car.......... Tongue

Steve East Anglian cobras

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 07:47:01 pm »

Daytona Beach 1931

and 1933

« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 07:48:57 pm by Steve Brown » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 04:03:22 pm »

What a beautifull looking car.......... Tongue

Thanks Steve and Mat , Bluebird was built at Brooklands in the Campbel sheds- I have been a Friend of Brooklands for some 5 years, and never get board of wandering around there - Just got their Concord and are starting to put it back together (my gradfather was a Aircraft fitter / Tin Smith there from 1930 to 1972 and Dad an Aircraft electrician, in fact you can see their house on the ariel model of the site - my Nan lived their until she past away last year bless her).

Matt also thanks for all the info, I will print it out and take it with me - as for Big Daddy saw him at Santa Pod in 75(?) - just awsome. The cruise and bracket racing sound good - different leauge to us brits - will you be running at OLW on either of those weekends?.

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2004, 07:26:35 pm »

Matt also thanks for all the info, I will print it out and take it with me - as for Big Daddy saw him at Santa Pod in 75(?) - just awsome. The cruise and bracket racing sound good - different leauge to us brits - will you be running at OLW on either of those weekends?.

My next humiliation will be August 27th at Orlando Speed World - though should have a line-lock fitted by then, just to get a little heat in the rear tyres....

Pepsi 400 for me tomorrow (courtesy of UPS again) so lots of roundy, roundy, bash'em, crash'em, Yeeeeeehaw, redneck, beer-swilling, "Go Dale", God Bless America etc. etc. Hmmm, 3 hours queue to get into the speedway, can't wait.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2004, 07:48:07 pm »

Matt,
Yeah but you love it, admit it.  Actually it would be pretty cool to see the Cup guys under the lights at Daytona.  The sparks from the cars bottom out on the bankings would be impressive.  Only ever seen them at Talladega and Indy, both afternoon gigs.  Reds game for us tonight and tomorrow night, the Indians are in town for the weekend and the rivalry with our upstate neighbors in C-town is always a good beer drinking time.   I'll need your address, got something in the works you'll like...paybacks are hell.
John
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2004, 06:41:58 am »

Hi Snoring,
                 While in Daytona: The Museum of science and technology has a small but interesting car section.
The girls might like the Teddy Bears and Quilts and other artsy stuff. When i went there was a great collection of motorcycles but i hink it was just temporary. Rainy day filler for you. Boot Hill saloon is fun for a quick beer in a Biker Bar. Titusville and Cape Caneveral are worth a visit.
Canada Phil
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2004, 12:42:48 am »

I remember the Boot Hill saloon Phil. Just opposite the cemetery. I have their Free Moustache Rides sticker on my lM fridge.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2004, 07:41:29 pm »

'Lollipops' in Daytona Beach is quite amusing - but for Christs sake don't take the missus.....

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2004, 05:01:56 pm »

Thanks guys, Sounds like a plan is needed!!
Fax
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2004, 06:29:52 pm »

Lollipops!  Yeah baby...
Kinda wonder what that place is like though when there's nothing going on over at the speedway.
John
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2004, 08:29:43 pm »

Lollipops!  Yeah baby...
Kinda wonder what that place is like though when there's nothing going on over at the speedway.
John

Hi John
How was the sprint race at Mid OH? Pepsi 400 was horribly rain-delayed, a little mundane - but a good job by Jeff Gordon (who seems roundly despised by Dale Jnr's fans) and UPS hospitality was generous as ever.
I should imagine Lollipops is pretty quiet on a non-race weekend - only a hundred strippers on duty, instead of the usual silicone enhanced compliment......Dayum!

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2004, 01:48:17 am »

Phil, was it Lollipops where we watched that pregnant looking lady removing her garments? I thought it was called something else.

Lollipops next year then...
Fax
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2004, 05:51:38 am »

Hi Matt,
When I got home from the Reds game and they weren't even to the halfway point of the Pepsi I seriously felt for you.  Can't seem to dodge the rain drops at Daytona this year.  I'll admit I was glad to see a non-DEI car win at a plate track for once.  Looked like Gordon and Johnson were the class of the field.  Mid-Ohio was alot of fun if very predictable,  Saturday's qualifying was a terrific show with the Dyson Lola's snatching pole honors from the Champion crew, but sadly were not able to convert it to race form.  The Vettes may not lose another race in GTS this season, man they look strong!  The Lambo's were a nice addition in GTS as was the Panoz contender in GT.  There were a few drama's when one of the Lambo's came into some fairly heavy contact with one of the Flying Lizard Porsche's on Friday.  The Petit will be rolling up soon.  At Lollli's the ratio of strippers to patrons is probably only 3 to 1 during a non-race weekend.
John
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: