Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 09:04:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More ACO Madness?  (Read 618 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2023, 01:35:20 pm »

Spotted this on Le Mans Who, When, Where FB group

So how long till this thread gets shut down?

"Apologies for the mass tagging. We have got into some hot water with the ACO over ticket resales. They would like it if you went through their own resale website.
"Ticketing resell is strictly prohibited and can be punished by a fine of 15 000 euros (article 316-6-2 of the French penal code)."
So rather upsetting as it is can I ask members NOT to post tickets for sale here please.
It seems absolutely bananas to me that you can't sell on what you've bought with your own money. I don't agree with it but it is what it is."

From another very large group on FB

Trying to make it so no one can sell elsewhere? Wonder if they will approach here, Pistonheads and also Ebay where majority get sold..........

Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 03:06:32 pm »

No madness as far as I'm concerned.  There are a lot of tickets coming up on the resale site.  In this e-ticket day and age, you're taking a huge risk now buying them from eBay and even from anyone you don't really know.  I both bought a ticket on the resale site and sold a ticket back last year.  Makes perfect sense to me.   There were actually only a fraction of the normal number of tickets available on eBay for this year's event and there have been hardly any since ticketing opened and the event sold out.    I suspect that sales/swaps on forums like this, PH and Ten Tenths actually account for a tiny fraction of the tickets sold - certainly nothing like a majority.  Let's face it, there's only a post every 2-3 weeks here....   Wink
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 03:09:16 pm by Aysedasi » Logged
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 10:51:41 am »

I think your dead right Aysedasi at least through the aco there wil be tickets that are real not invented fake rip offs.better safe than scammed.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 02:27:25 pm »

I think your dead right Aysedasi at least through the aco there wil be tickets that are real not invented fake rip offs.better safe than scammed.

Exactly right. 
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 10:17:14 am »

To be fair, the resale site actually works too, we sold a couple of spares via it this year. Once sold the ACO return you the money you initially spent on the ticket and the buyer gets their ticket with the knowledge that it's genuine. We've lost heaps in the past selling over-priced agency GE's (you know the deal, must buy two per camping space even if you don't need them) via ebay just to recover some of the spend, so this seems a pretty fair solution to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: