Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 03:54:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Le Mans  (Read 10513 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 01:45:44 pm »

The weather has indeed been fine of late, just 1 overnight shower in over 4 weeks. The Alfas carpets haven't been this dry since leaving Milano 35 years ago!
Ah good old climate change.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 01:40:37 pm »

For those who have asked to see photos of the cars perhaps it's a bit impolite but I started a thread here:-
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=387049

They too asked me to post photos of the cars and their usage. You'll find the story there. Anyone wanting to pop in for a beer will be welcome since I live 5 mins from Mulsanne bend and will be at St. Saturnin on Friday all day should you wish to chat. I should have the green short nose parked up inside on the right and be on the gate helping with the parking up for the parade.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 02:57:46 pm »

Wotcher Lynxyboy,
Tremendous, it's long overdue having another Jag fan on the forum. Or rather Old Jag fan, er, I don't mean you're old or anything but you know what I mean, I've tried the young ones and they're always a disappointment. Blimey, I'm getting myself into a right hole here.
Moving on....
My Mark 2 has always made the journey with me, but you'll see from http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=6682.0 that it's not making it this year, and to be honest, it's not exactly a foregone conclusion that I'll be making it, but I'll be giving it a good old shot.
The car has been a good'un for a long time now, but I must admit to taking a long look at a D rep a couple of years ago, and I still half wish I'd gone for it. The next one that crops up may well get me going again. There's some great pix you've posted there, it's good to see these cars used in the winter, - you know you've been on a journey alright, with almost useless heaters, wipers, weatherseals and an opportunity to wear a sheepskin coat and goretex lingerie.
It's shame you didn't log in a couple of months ago, one of our contributors, MGmark, has organised track days at RAF Marham for us (and anyone else) that have been a great success, and I've stuck a pic below of the Mk 2 there.
Now, (this will only make sense if you've read the above link) I'm looking for somewhere secure to store my bike once I get to LM, but for legs and mileage reasons it needs to be close to the track, how far are you from MB and could you fit a bike in your garage?
H

* jag1.jpg (205.47 KB, 600x428 - viewed 296 times.)

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 08:09:36 am »

Wotcher BigH, nice to have another old codger along! However I am sorry but I didn't quite understand part of your post. I got the rubber lingerie bit but what on earth are wipers, heater and weatherseals please? Huh
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 10:02:20 am »

what on earth are wipers, heater and weatherseals please? Huh

You just have hairy-chested noise and the wind in your hair.  He has them, but they don't work very well.   And he misses having ones that work properly when out and about in his comfort barge I think.......mind you, I must allow that he did give the old girl a good outing at Marham.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 06:40:42 pm »

And you could mention too that it's a kinda road-going John Coombs replica (the Jag that is, not BigH) Gosh it sounds nice flat out for a mile and a half down the Marham runway, though it's a bit disconcerting to watch the temp guage visibly rise! I'm not sure how H gets it to go round corners quite so fast on those skinny Avons though. He was working very hard at the wheel on the big L/H looper onto the runway as we sat on the arse of the 5litre Ultima.  Grin I think there's a video clip of it somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 06:44:31 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: