Club Arnage
May 03, 2024, 09:54:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parking permits  (Read 5660 times)
PorscheFreak
CA Veteran

I am!!

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2003, 03:31:24 pm »

planning our Le Mans trip and my concern is if I should order parking (Blue) ticket beforehand or  are the (non-numbered) parking tickets usually still available on-site on Friday afternoon?
I would hate to order one from ACO just to find out that I will not get it in time before leaving to Le Mans, so I would prefer to do this 'face-to-face'... I believe the dead-line for any ticket orders  from ACO was somewhere around early/mid May?

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 05:30:12 pm »

planning our Le Mans trip and my concern is if I should order parking (Blue) ticket beforehand or  are the (non-numbered) parking tickets usually still available on-site on Friday afternoon?
I would hate to order one from ACO just to find out that I will not get it in time before leaving to Le Mans, so I would prefer to do this 'face-to-face'... I believe the dead-line for any ticket orders  from ACO was somewhere around early/mid May?

Well as I have (hopefully!) a camping permit I don't have personal experience of the parking arrangements.  However I believe that you just turn up, pay on the day, are given a parking permit and you can then leave and re-enter the car park at will.

If you want a camping ticket its slightly different and more challenging.  A number of people do camp in the car parks and every year there are stories in advance that the ACO will clamp down on it.
DRL
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 07:14:09 pm »

Been turning up on Saturday for the last 10 years and always got into a car park somewhere.

Best to turn up as soon as possible, but don't expect to get very close to the track.

Aerodrome is usually O.K.

I have ordered tickets for the first time this year, so will probably get screwed by the ACO organisation ! Smiley

I didn't go to work today. The voices told me to stay at home and polish the guns.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 02:55:34 am »

Don't worry, parking place tickets are usually no problem and there's no need to order them before the race

Just 58 days to wait....

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: