Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 10:52:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oy, the wife.... put t'kettle on...  (Read 1647 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:13:33 pm »

Now that the S*bring dust has settled and our European visitors have already found their way home - or are standing in the security line at OIA right now, I wanted to say a very big and public thank-you to those kind folks who help replenish our hithertofore dwindling tea supplies.
True, one can buy Liptons tea here, but it's meant to be supped cold and to me, that's like drinking hot beer. Yes, you can buy PG Tips tea bags here aswell, if you are prepared to pay a buck a piece for them.
So, I raise me favorite Royal Doulton with hand-painted perriwinkles to the following:
Mark "You better slow that Mustang down" Every
Wishy
No Panic
Today I met with DfH at the hotel to bid them God-Speed for their voyage home. Just prior to the tearful hanky-waving, Lang Tall produced a case of Nigerian Lager - and another big pack of PG Tips. The Nigerians were a gift from Rick Cutler - for which I am very, very grateful. Marius wasn't sure where the tea bags came from - but if that was you Rick - double well done, my friend. Otherwise, to whoever had the generousity and thoughtfulness to think of me, I thank you with all sincerity.
As I must have said ad nauseum over the weekend, "It's a strange phenomenon, this CA forum lark". I did not meet a soul who was anything but fun-loving, generous, interesting and thoughtful.
I am replete tea-wise - and it's all thanks to my CA friends. Thank you from the heart of my bottom.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 10:43:07 pm »

You are very welcome Matt, and in a similar vein, thanks for collecting us form the airport and introducing us to the Fish on Fire, plus of course sorting the hotel rooms and the various other assists.

Just for the record, the PG Tips were indeed from young Mr Cutler, and the Nigerians were from him and I.  Smiley
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 06:19:11 pm »

I think I have said this somwhere else .....but not having gone to bed yet!!!

Bringing supplies of PG Tips was the least we could do for you.....however next time I will be prepared for a visit to the "Fish on Fire"..........boy did I have a hangover the next day!!!! Cool

Thanks again Matt

Wishy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: