Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 11:48:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FINALLY!!!  (Read 23609 times)
Fax
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 10:04:22 pm »

Hell, I'm only 43.  Your older than that right Lips Sealed
Fax
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 10:07:53 pm »

Yikes!!! why do you keep saying you are old then....  Shocked - i am still in my  prime!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 10:13:04 pm »

Don't forget to come and say hello to us at the poo bar on Saurday night.

Err thats assuming that they replace the Poo bar after all this building work !

Lets hope it is and with this
And if it's not, try to find the dutch flag, and we make a Poobar there. Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 10:22:39 pm »

Using the flag as a giant gazebo!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 10:56:20 pm »

Flags always come in handy when it's raining Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 06:36:07 am »

Thanks guys, I'm going to have a blast and do what I can to meet a few drivers, I'm optimisitc so its all good. I've got an in with Memo Gidley if he gets a Pescarolo ride over there too so its a posibility to get into the paddock!

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
2)To have a beer w/ Johnny Herbert
3)Keep drinking for Holland!
Fax
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 07:07:34 am »

Tell Memo to watch out for those Road America bridges for me.  That'll probably be the highlight of his career.
(Who the f**k would name his kid Memo?  Almost as dumb as calling yourself Scott Speed, Trixie is the bridge really out?)  Jesus this sports gotten so f**k*ng stupid...
Fax
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 07:09:56 am by Fax » Logged
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 02:36:29 pm »

Picking up on meeting drivers in the paddock, it looks like that our chance of bumping into JH & GS again has increased.  Zytec are seeking to run a second chassis in the LM 24 driven by Johnny and Guy.

Could be a quick trip for the PQ's this year.

Here is a photo from 04.

* clubarnage04pq.gif (49.45 KB, 500x375 - viewed 319 times.)
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 06:50:26 pm »

The proper event since 1923!!!

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2006, 03:19:15 am »

Tell Memo to watch out for those Road America bridges for me.  That'll probably be the highlight of his career.
(Who the f**ck would name his kid Memo?  Almost as dumb as calling yourself Scott Speed, Trixie is the bridge really out?)  Jesus this sports gotten so f**cking stupid...
Fax

Fax you need to cool your jets man. First off the name 'Memo' is one of the most common male names in Latin America, do you have a problem w/ 10 million Latin American parents? Secondly, Memo Gidley is one of the best American open wheel drivers of the last 10 years. As you may know racing, takes money, its not like you can go shoot hoops everyday to get recognized like in basketball. Memo has been pounding the pavement, seeing teams and going to Champ Car races when he was rideless. The shunt you're referring to in 2001 at Elkhart Lake came during a season where he took over for Nicholas Minassian 6 races in and in his first race he finished 2nd in Cleveland. By season's end he racked up 6 fastest laps, 3 podiums, 5th overall in laps led dispite having contested 6 fewer races and most oval laps lead. This past season he scored 1 pole and 1 victory at Mexico City in November. Not to mention after the car was shunted at Daytona a few weeks ago by Alex Barron they dropped back to 40th and STORMED their way back through the field to finish in 6th place. All the while Memo is being considered by Mssr. Pescarolo for one of the top LMP1 rides for the biggest race in the world. Now if this isn't enough evidence to show you how great of a person not to mention driver Memo is, why the h3ll should he care? He's getting paid to do drive race cars and drive at tracks that you wish you could drive at 1/10 of his ability.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 03:40:41 am by Jonnyspa27 » Logged

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 12:09:30 pm »

Jonny,

You will have noticed on this forum Fax tends towards the "glass half empty" side. In reality, unfortunarely, he's a lovely bloke when you meet him.

Anyway, here's my take on it. Like all things it's not what you know, more who you know. If you know how to work things, you can get closer to the action. You can also speak to the drivers at the Parade in the old town on the friday. So it is possible to get driver access.

And yes Johnny Herbert was well accessable last year mainly cos he only raced in the Classic warm up race (which he won!).

So don't let Mr Grumpy put you off. Sure, things on the racing side aren't perhaps what they once were, but it's still nowhere near as bad as Fax makes out.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 02:38:44 pm »

Zarse, thats nice of you to stick up for him, friends do that and that is what I was doing for a friend. And you're exactly right its who you know, not what you know. I have no doubt that it may be a bit difficult to meet Johnny or anyone else but the fun for me is in trying. I don't let people sour me on things I want to do, were all there to have a good time right? It's all Kool 'n The Gang man.  Smiley Here's to looking forward to the '06 edition! Grin Grin Grin

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Fax
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006, 02:57:00 pm »

Sorry Johnny Spa to burst your bubble but disagree with you on Gidley, maybe a buddy of yours but I see him from a un-biased view and frankly have never seen him as anything other than a middle of the road journeyman driver, certainly not champion material. Best American open wheel driver of the past ten years?  Not hardly!  His short season spent with Ganassi was impressive enough but it wasn't enough to retain a seat with the team.  So he's ended up in the Grand-Am series, big f**k*ng deal, its a series which is frankly for most drivers is the last stop before Get-a-real-jobsville.  He may be a great guy, don't know and really don't care but don't go pimping him to be something he's not.  I see him as another Calvin Fish, won a few Atlantic races but is never going to be anything other than a journeyman racer.  There was a lot of hype around him at first but thats faded pretty quickly.
And yes I know Memo is a common name in Mexico, just having some fun with it.  Lighten up Francis.
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 04:02:57 pm »

Zarse, thats nice of you to stick up for him, friends do that and that is what I was doing for a friend.

I certainly say amen to all that.

Just to remind you, I'm still bringing the colonic irrigation kit to LM and I'm looking forward to sticking it up Fax. He seems a little liverish just lately and I think a good clear out would help improve his mood.

Oh and if you feel the need for some digestive tract cleansing while you're in France, then Team Zarse will be only too happy to oblige.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 10:22:35 pm »

Lighten up Francis

Huh - do you mean me?  What have i got into trouble for now?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: