Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 08:08:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FINALLY!!!  (Read 23608 times)
Fax
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2006, 07:30:20 pm »

Now you guys are into the spirit of things Wink
Grump
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2006, 11:17:36 pm »

Why does this kind of thing only happen when I'm away?  Roll Eyes  I've been dying for a chance to use my Ban User button, but it would take too long on dial-up - just catching up on this one has taken over 10 minutes...I almost lose the will to live if the page includes a picture...

So to save me the bother, just chill guys...please!!!
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2006, 02:21:48 am »

Fax I haven't seen that short of a fuse since Begbie in Trainspotting! You also called me a c**t! Good on ya. Seriously though I was sticking up for a great driver and even a greater guy, I'd rather just squash this deal and move on ok? I'll look at it as knowing what your limits I can push you to and you know I won't back down from someone or something I believe in. Cummon I'll buy a pint for ya at le Sarthe! Smiley

Chop good to hear there are some more US noobs going on the exodus! I was trying to think of another American open wheel driver that has won more races in the last 10 years. Vasser to me is the only one that came to mind next to Michael. The rest of the races have been won by Tracy, someone from Brazil (de Ferran, da Matta, Helio, etc), Bordais, Montoya or Zanardi. When you cut them away, who do you have from America that has really put up? Unless I'm missing someone its been Vasser or Andretti (1995-2005) *shrugs

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
2)To have a beer w/ Johnny Herbert
3)Keep drinking for Holland!
Fax
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2006, 05:48:25 am »

Fair enough Smokie, I'll chill.  Johnny, if you dig through my past postings you'll notice that I really haven't given a rats ass about Indy Car/Champ Car/IRl, whatever they call this crap anymore for over a decade. I have no alliances to anyone and couldn't care less who wins.  Just using 35 years of watching F1, Sportscar racing, Indy Cars, NASCAR, USAC divisions, Bikes and NHRA Drag racing, etc., to assess a driver I have no connection to.  Again couldn't care less who wins.  HOWEVER! Your still the first guy I've seen to try and drag ethnicity or racial issues into this forum.  My girlfriend is Jewish, another close friend is Columbian, my sister in-law Italian, I also have close friends who are African American, Chinese and Gay.  I found it nothing short of obnoxious and immature to suggest I was playing a racial card since you know absolutely nothing about me.  Sorry dude, your still on my sh**t list.  Smokie if you want to ban me for this rant, go ahead I'll probably get more work done.
Cheers,
Fax
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 05:50:35 am by Fax » Logged
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2006, 06:29:20 am »

Fair enough Fax. You're right I don't know you from Adam and I shouldn't have attacked to what I thought was a racial comment. I did and still do feel upon rereading the original comment that it wasn't joking at the first read. (Who the f**ck would name his kid Memo?  Almost as dumb as calling yourself Scott Speed, Trixie is the bridge really out?) If I didn't know you, (and I still don't) your style of humor and I read that for the first time I would not take that as a joke. If I'm still on your list c'est la vie, I know where you stand and I have let it go. Maybe sometime down the road we can chat about racing or whatever normally, I hope that is the case in due time.

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
2)To have a beer w/ Johnny Herbert
3)Keep drinking for Holland!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2006, 09:44:02 am »

I also have close friends who are African American, Chinese and Gay.

I take it these are separate friends and not a group of Gay Chinese African Americans?!

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2006, 12:24:08 pm »

(Who the f**ck would name his kid Memo?  Almost as dumb as calling yourself Scott Speed, Trixie is the bridge really out?)

There must be Mexicans out there asking the question "Who the f**k would name his kid John? It's the name for the toilet".

Coincidentally and hilariously, you're both called John. And before you kick off at me, it's my second name too, Andrew John Zarse.

Fax, grasp the bloody olive branch for Christ's sake mate. Otherwise we'll have another Dan incident on our hands. You'll remember the unpleasant fracas that spilled over when Dan accused the Harper Brothers of working in a fisting parlour, which of course they never did.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2006, 01:51:08 pm »

I'm officially bored with this thread.  As far as I'm concerned its a dead issue.
Fax
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2006, 02:11:29 am »

Right. I hope lessons have been learnt by all, both writers and readers of this thread.

Forums are not an ideal form of communication - what seems perfectly reasonable to one may read as offensive to another even though no offence was intended. I am making no judgement here as I can't be arsed to read the thread again (dial-up, remember?), but from memory the root issue was fairly insignificant.

I really enjoy moderating here because there is a plenty of activity, a lot of real friendship,  and very little serious argument.

I'd like to keep it this way. If someone has a real issue with anything posted here, there is a Report to Moderator button, please use it rather than inflaming a situation.

Accusations and arguments in forums aren't interesting to anyone other than those directly involved (and then maybe only in a trolling fashion). We are lucky here not to have trolling activity as it is extraordinarily disruptive to a forum. (If you don't understand the term trolling go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolling and see definition 1). While the comments in this thread maybe do not qualify as trolling, this thread is here for everyone to see as an example of how quickly a breakdown can occur.

Fax says for him the thread is dead and has agreed to chill, thanks Fax. I am assuming Jonny feels the same but either way I am locking the thread. Jonny, if you have a problem with this please contact me directly via PM rather than starting a new thread, or kicking off in another thread.

Thank you and good night  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: