Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 09:14:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta Wing Project  (Read 65483 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2012, 09:41:50 am »

Quite interesting wasn't it. It looks like there were no reliability issues, which was a good step. It ran 50+ laps on the same set of tyres (which are said to still have plenty of life left in them... 6-7 stints on one set??). The only unanswered question is how many laps did it do on a tank of fuel? If it can keep out of the garage, this car could finish top ten easily.

Still fricking ugly, but impressive none the less.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2012, 03:14:15 pm »

Quite interesting wasn't it. It looks like there were no reliability issues, which was a good step. It ran 50+ laps on the same set of tyres (which are said to still have plenty of life left in them... 6-7 stints on one set??). The only unanswered question is how many laps did it do on a tank of fuel? If it can keep out of the garage, this car could finish top ten easily.

Still fricking ugly, but impressive none the less.

Si

How very interesting - I have to confess to thinking this would never make it into the pit lane less alone out of it. And now I am looking to forward to seeing it in the flesh so to speak.

Not sure what a 'fricking' is but am guessing that it is not a good thing? In which case I agree – ugly!!

See you there..... NEXT WEEK - team Monkey.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2012, 07:41:15 pm »

Pretty amazing re' the tyres, I must say.  If you'd seen how its b*llocks - sorry, *rse - stepped out when it got to the end of the pit straight you'd be even more suprised by such good tyre wear.  I still don't know what I think of it really but all in all I'm for experimentation.  Without it I suppose we'd all still be walking everywhere and we can't have that now, can we?

It still looks like a dick on wheels to me.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:49:55 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2012, 12:05:20 am »

Brad.... your information astounds me!!
Having been stood next to you at Sebring when The DW slid past I still find it hard to believe its at LM!!
However... I still think me being allowed to roll the Kenworth truck back and forth in gear after the 'fun 'fet festival was equally as groundbreaking for different reasons!!! Smiley

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2012, 08:23:38 am »

Can't be arsed to read the 11 pages, but boy, is it quick! One lap it was up the chuff of the Audi, the next lap some way in front. it's got my attention for the race, but the only problem I saw was regarding the lights, whch have two in the nose and two wide set at the rear. More than once I saw a marshal waving a blue flag to inform the driver that he was overtaking himself!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:12:05 pm by lynxd67 » Logged
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2012, 10:35:25 pm »

It still looks like a dick on wheels to me.

Oh, does that give us a lead on Mr. termite's equipment? Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2012, 10:23:50 am »

Just looking at the time sheets for yesterday's free practice.  DeltaWing - 3:34.576  Shocked

At the time that was the third fastest time outside the Audis and Toyotas, and just a few tenths of Seabass in the Dome Pesca. That's pretty damn quick.

Dick Dasterdly was right
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2012, 10:39:18 am »

Sadly, it disappeared somewhere out in the country at around 23.00.  Don't know what happened to it as we didn't have RLM on.  Guess I'll have to look at the ACO website.  Did it fail?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2012, 10:48:28 am »

Sadly, it disappeared somewhere out in the country at around 23.00.  Don't know what happened to it as we didn't have RLM on.  Guess I'll have to look at the ACO website.  Did it fail?

From what I've understood on Eurosports 24 minutes, they hit the curb quite hard at Tertre Rouge, which made the fire extinguisher go off.  They couldn't start the giant cock up again.

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2012, 12:22:24 pm »

From what I've understood on Eurosports 24 minutes, they hit the curb quite hard at Tertre Rouge, which made the fire extinguisher go off.  They couldn't start the giant cock up again.
typical once its shot its load it went limp and wouldn't work again  Roll Eyes

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2012, 01:49:30 pm »

DSC reports today that the problem was a master switch. When it landed after hitting the kerb the switch got knocked off, but as its under the bodywork (Huh) which the driver could not lift unassisted, then they had to sit it out.

Now call me daft, but I'm sure the idea of a master switch is to be able to turn the cars electrical systems on and off in case of an emergency. Surely then it needs to be somewhere where you can actually get to it?

Dick Dasterdly was right
gatordad

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2012, 04:13:48 pm »

Saw the "wheeled d*ck" at Sebring this year doing glorified parade laps.  I can't wait to see it in game conditions.  I will be blown away if/when it starts passing other P1 cars.  Like someone else said, we all used to walk before the first car...well, here we go.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:16:47 pm by gatordad » Logged

Too Dumb For Opera, too smart for NASCAR
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2012, 05:19:46 pm »

Think they're going to need a pressure washer to get all of that foam out of it if the fire extinguisher went off!

I tested negative for patience.
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2012, 03:58:26 am »

I will be blown away if/when it starts passing other P1 cars.

Other P1 cars??? Which is the first???  Huh

Besides, being unclassified itself, you'd be comparing apples and oranges, no???  Wink

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2012, 11:39:46 am »

It seemed to be back on song last night, running mid-pack amongst P2s although they are spending a lot of time tweaking the thing, or so it seems.  But at least it's got through all the quali sessions.  Full marks for effort so far.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: