Club Arnage
May 06, 2024, 05:57:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Maine Libre  (Read 5986 times)
TigerSam

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:54:05 pm »

The French newspaper, do they still do it firstly? and if so where abouts in Le Mans can you grab one from in Le Mans week.

Im not particularly bothered about the paper, its more the "victories" poster they use to bundle with it, showing all the previous winning cars and drivers, assuming the still produce it (otherwise i could walk into one of the supermarkets and grab a copy). The last poster ive got is from about 2006 so a bit dated. I remember they used to come around the campsites in a tranny van along with another newspaper (l'ouest?) to sell them. Ive not seen them at all in recent years though, infact the last time i got a copy it was from a stall outside Auchen.

If anyones seen them in recent years i wouldnt mind knowing where  Cheesy

Cheers.

“Racing is life; anything that happens before or after is just waiting.”
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 11:38:39 pm »

There are usually several small stalls with french papers on sale with gifts etc like posters, caps, etc. for sale  mostly behind the grandstands (near the entrance to the main tunnel and also the other tunnel towards the start/finish) - but sometimes they come through the campsites too.

F
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:40:14 pm by Fran » Logged
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 09:28:08 am »

Always seems to be several stalls around the north (outside of track) of the dunlop bridge, they usuall have all the choice of freebies there.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:58:16 am »

As Fran said, behind the grandstands there are several stalls where they sell newspapers.  At the Carrefour there's also a stand by Le Maine, mostly from Wednesday to Saturday.  Last year they also passed at Blue Nord several times.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:49:01 am »

You can't miss them, as they usually have a woman with a microphone yelling at the top of her voice (they have yet to explain the microphone principle to her Roll Eyes) about the wonderful posters and "free" gifts on offer with the thing.  Ouest France ditto.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
TigerSam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:19:57 pm »

I can recall them being behind the grandstands now, the microphoned employee image triggered the mind again. I guess i must have passed behind the grandstand either at times when i havent wanted to carry the stuff around, later on when theyve gone, or after a bit of juice. I'll keep an eye out again this year.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 04:45:28 am »

I can recall them being behind the grandstands now, the microphoned employee image triggered the mind again. I guess i must have passed behind the grandstand either at times when i havent wanted to carry the stuff around, later on when theyve gone, or after a bit of juice. I'll keep an eye out again this year.

Hi Tiger  Bring a cardboard tube to keep it nice for the ride home.

Phil

TigerSam

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 11:33:44 am »

Ive thought about it before Phil but once at le mans, its about the time i remember that the tubes back on UK soil. Never had a problem with them in the car although this year im in a smaller vehicle so space will be harder to come by.

lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 08:49:08 pm »

the bloke with blonde ponytail wanedrs round the campsites flogging papers or is it programmes?

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 10:06:50 pm »

That reminds me, last year a bloke and a girl came around to our pitch trying to flog us news papers. His english was not that great and he said something along the lines of "Only €5, this is my Sister, €5 for my Sister"........ there followed a bidding war between us for his sister, when it got to €20 or so for her, he cottoned on and gave us a dirty look and took her away!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: