Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 03:58:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How is everyone getting ready for Le Mans  (Read 44368 times)
Mike

We are The Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »

Big load up of the transit tomorrow after I have left work early ready for the convoy down on Wednesday.

Tomorrow is going to be a long slow morning with guaranteed last minute work issues. Must remember to stick out of office on early!
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2012, 09:53:50 pm »

Trying to keep my mind off departure with a 2.25 hour train journey each way to/from Wales tomorrow.

It has to be better than driving 125 miles each in the pouring rain?

Crouch..........bind..........set
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2012, 09:58:25 pm »

Cost centre # 1 has just got back from uni, I'm out the habit of checking ingredients lists for what he's allergic to.

Whoops!!  Where's the epipen.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:54 pm »

Everything ready for stashing in the Cayman first thing for the drive to Pompey from South Wales.

Not too sure what our Antiopdean guests are packing into their Megane estate but looks like more than you would need for a fortnight's worth of camping for a family of 6, and we're staying in a gite!  Still that's the price of taking a very small child to Le Mans  Wink

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2012, 11:09:25 pm »

Pete.....

Been there, seen the movie, read the book etc etc.....

This year....Dad....." is there enough room for our beer"!!!!

Andy
Bob T

...and don't I know it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2012, 02:38:42 am »

Service and brush up on the car Weds then early start Thurs for a bolt down the M20 to the raft across.
Chomping at the bit already.

Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy - Colin Chapman
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:07 am »

Getting ready for Le Mans?,  panicking yesterday thats what I was doing,  Father inlaw fell ill and wouldn't go to hospital, (he's 79, had a couple of strokes and an awkward old git) I felt this years race rapidly fading away for me,  but a few words in his shell like had him perking up in no time, and off to hospital for some drugs and drips.  Those few words?  Well I just said,  "how about a few days peace and quiet away from the missus" Grin 

So as of now the panic is over.  Let's hope today is fine, and we can catch that ferry for Pompey at 11:00 tonight!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2012, 09:23:04 am »

Getting ready for Le Mans?,  panicking yesterday thats what I was doing,  Father inlaw fell ill and wouldn't go to hospital, (he's 79, had a couple of strokes and an awkward old git) I felt this years race rapidly fading away for me,  but a few words in his shell like had him perking up in no time, and off to hospital for some drugs and drips.  Those few words?  Well I just said,  "how about a few days peace and quiet away from the missus" Grin 

So as of now the panic is over.  Let's hope today is fine, and we can catch that ferry for Pompey at 11:00 tonight!

I hope allis well with your Dad Geoff.     I plan to get really Grumpy if I get to that age.

Final preparation has started I have the plane Canada Phil is travelling in on http://flightradar24.com/ he's just crossing the Bristol Channel.  I will be setting off to pick him up in about an hour. 

Geoff I'm meeting up with No-Panic Neil in the J.D. Weatherspoons pub in Port Solent around 19:00.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2012, 10:00:46 am »

I'll do a last roundup at Paddy's this morning, getting some last stuff at his place, so we know what we will fall short off tomorrow. Grin Then tonight 'clothes packing', and putting the tent pegs with the correct tent. Tongue

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2012, 10:32:03 am »

We've had a minor worry with the '65 Cadillac.  A 'test' drive on Sunday revealed some grumbling front wheel bearings.  Thankfully, Andy was able to lay his hands on a couple of sets yesterday and spend the morning fitting them.

If all goes to plan, we'll set sail in the land yacht this arvo to be in Newhaven this evening for a few sherbets prior to the Wednesday a.m ferry.

Steve East Anglian cobras

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2012, 01:59:20 pm »

I hope allis well with your Dad Geoff.     I plan to get really Grumpy if I get to that age.

Final preparation has started I have the plane Canada Phil is travelling in on http://flightradar24.com/ he's just crossing the Bristol Channel.  I will be setting off to pick him up in about an hour. 

Geoff I'm meeting up with No-Panic Neil in the J.D. Weatherspoons pub in Port Solent around 19:00.

Thanks for the kind words, it's the Father inlaw though, sadly I lost my father to that hatefull asbestos cancer three years ago Cry.
No further news on the inlaw front, so I'm taking that as good news!  Having not got home from the hostpital till 11:30 last night, we have to pack and load the car (luckily not camping!) before leaving later, so we'll probably not get down to pompey until gone 9, but might have to crack open a bottle of something in the LD queue to celebrate actually getting there!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2012, 10:58:16 pm »

Bertie is loaded and ready to go!!!........................10 hours and we'll be off Grin
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2012, 11:16:14 pm »

We've had a minor worry with the '65 Cadillac.  A 'test' drive on Sunday revealed some grumbling front wheel bearings.  Thankfully, Andy was able to lay his hands on a couple of sets yesterday and spend the morning fitting them.

If all goes to plan, we'll set sail in the land yacht this arvo to be in Newhaven this evening for a few sherbets prior to the Wednesday a.m ferry.

Pottering down south at the godawful hour of half three in the morning, rendesvousing with BobT at some godawful coffee shop at half six then joining you at Newhaven.

Don't I SAY DON'T let them close the gates before we get in

then we can belly up to the bar on the boaty thing Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2012, 09:12:36 am »

Well.......had to leave the lights on for  errindoors.........now heading in a southerly direction to La Sarthe Grin.......see you all down there!!
gatordad

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2012, 12:13:20 pm »

Sitting in vero beach, Florida getting ready for the tenth annual Breakfast At Le Mans party in my house. We've got 22 hours of tv coverage here and pretty much stay up all night watching the race on the SPEED channel. We do go to Sebring every year, Daytona 24 in February and the Indy 500 so we are motorheads. I love France and want to go to LM but has t worked out. Anybody going to Sebring are welcome at our spot between turn 3 and 4 on the track. I enjoy the banter on this site. We have maybe 10-15 guys at my house with a giant tv. Wave at us on the pace lap please if any of you can still stand up by then. I think we would fit right in there. Btw, Brian Redmond will be around at some time tomorrow. Any words for the old codger? Have fun!

Too Dumb For Opera, too smart for NASCAR
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: