Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 11:01:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket Ordering for 2011  (Read 109010 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2010, 08:30:51 pm »

Got flash player 10.1 still won't work in explorer, chrome or safari.
Error message comes up Huh
They are making life differcult.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2010, 09:37:26 pm »

Barry - one word - "French"  Roll Eyes

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2010, 09:45:25 pm »

I would put another word in front of French, it also begins with 'f'
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2010, 10:13:25 pm »

Same here Barry - still get the error message even after downloading Flash 10.1.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Tubs

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 10:30:16 am »

Not sure if this will help anyone, but anyway..........

I did manage to speak to one of the ladies in the ticket office this morning. They have some serious software problems (I think that became very apparent yesterday) and it would appear that what's shown on the online booking system is not necessarily what's available (for example, Parking Blanc is available, but they have been unable to load it on their system for online bookings). Unfortunately, even if you do get through by telephone, they are unable to take any bookings due to these technical problems. I was advised to send a fax or email with my request, but as they are inundated with faxes and emails and were not prepared for the 'old style' method of booking direct with the ACO, she was unable to tell me if or when they would get round to dealing with my request.

So, that's another fine mess they've got themselves (and their loyal customers) into. What a complete shambles!
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 11:45:58 am »

Not sure if this will help anyone, but anyway..........

I did manage to speak to one of the ladies in the ticket office this morning. They have some serious software problems (I think that became very apparent yesterday) and it would appear that what's shown on the online booking system is not necessarily what's available (for example, Parking Blanc is available, but they have been unable to load it on their system for online bookings). Unfortunately, even if you do get through by telephone, they are unable to take any bookings due to these technical problems. I was advised to send a fax or email with my request, but as they are inundated with faxes and emails and were not prepared for the 'old style' method of booking direct with the ACO, she was unable to tell me if or when they would get round to dealing with my request.

So, that's another fine mess they've got themselves (and their loyal customers) into. What a complete shambles!

Useful to know the full situation.

I didnt realise online ordering was anything unusual these days!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2010, 12:24:28 pm »

The crucial thing to remember is that computerised ordering systems (for anything) mean fewer sales staff and a perceived potential knock-on effect on the unemployment figures which are already very high for Europe.  You'd be quite amazed how few companies sell their products on line - there are plenty of websites but most just tell you where the nearest shop is, and may detail the products - but finding a price and purchasing on line is still relatively rare.  Thus it's my belief that the software is less sophisticated than in Britain, the US and much of the rest of Western Europe.  But that is just my perception. It's a tough mindset to argue with.  The current strike action over the raising of the retirement age is a major topic of conversation in my rehab' unit (as they are striking on a regular basis at the moment - never on the day I'm there though Roll Eyes.)  It is very difficult to get beyond the basic feeling here that by leaving people in work for longer, the young people at the bottom of the job ladder will be deprived of jobs as a direct result.

I try my best to shop over here but, especially since I'm more housebound than I once was, I find I do most of my purchasing on line and most of the time, in spite of the distance products have to travel, it is cheaper to buy stuff from the UK and ship it over here, either when friends or passing or even paying the costs companies charge to ship to Europe, as there is less competition over here for on-line purchasing.  In a culture that wants to protect individual jobs at all costs, it's hard to explain that by caring for the customer with a better ordering system, for example, they might, just might, encourage more custom and hence more jobs, not fewer.

Rant over.  

I have just got an e-mail from the ACO also explaining that the system is having teathing problems.  They've suggested that I phone or call in at their agency but I'm not convinced that even they will be able to work round the problems.  Still no sign this morning or Parking Bleu or any grandstands on the website.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:27:54 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2010, 12:25:53 pm »

Useful to know the full situation.

It's not particularly unusual.  If fact it's a relatively well developed concept you can even get "off the shelf" web site packages to do the job.

However,  If you want to have an on-line odering system that has lots of eye candy that actually adds nothing to transaction other than slowing down  the process and loosing the contents of your shopping basket,  that is more difficult to achive.

I must say the ACO have done it very well.

t.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:28:22 pm by Lawnmower Man » Logged

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Rosy1066

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2010, 03:35:43 pm »

Han anyone got the telephone number for the ticket office - have tried the number on the club card and no answer!?!? Huh
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2010, 04:17:26 pm »

[
I must say the ACO have done it very well.

LOL   Grin
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2010, 04:26:35 pm »

Han anyone got the telephone number for the ticket office - have tried the number on the club card and no answer!?!? Huh

Try this one +33243402424.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2010, 04:57:32 pm »

0033892 697224

or the agent in Le Mans 0033 2 43 14 23 49

But as others have said, I'd guess that if the system is snafu then the ticket office will be having the same sort of problems.

A couple of my e-mails have come back as "not read" so don't assume that an e-mail or a fax will be any more use!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2010, 05:31:21 pm »

I sent my ticket request in via email as I have done for years, but got a response back telling me to buy my tickets online!
Now as we all know the online system doesn't work!

What a right royal cockup!  Well it would be royal if they hadn't lopped the heads off em all Grin

Maybe the idea of having 24 days for ACO members to book is so that we can test the system for them bfore it goes on general release....

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2010, 06:00:31 pm »

Just had my e-mail request kicked back to me, refusing to process.
Seriously thinking about not going.
When's Spa?
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2010, 06:46:37 pm »

Seriously thinking about not going.

Perhaps that is what they want.   Evil Evil Evil

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.