Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 02:39:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Le Mans  (Read 8557 times)
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 06:14:17 am »

'And your point is? You obviously have burr up your ass over me calling the Petit the ALMS signature event. I get the history of Sebring, I've been there many times and not diminishing the event at all (and the Daytona 24 for that matter) I love all of them...well not Daytona so much.
Jim, I'm curious, do you ever actually go to races, or do just sit around and put your two cents on stuff you watch on TV. Never actually have anything to say about a race you've attended."

Trust me...no burr up my arse whatsoever...and you?

'My point is the Petit is not, and has not, in my opinion, been the "signature" event. that simple.

'Diminishing Sebring? Obviously you are. Daytona 24 also.

Do I ever go to races? I guess in you r feeble mind, no.  Only since the early '60's.

Indy cars in the N.E., Trenton, Langhorne. T/A at the Bridge (excuse, for the uninitiated that would be Bridgehampton)

The Can Am at the Bridge.

'Drove at the Bridge in '77.

Attended all Florida IMSA races from '75 on.

Drove in the 24 in '78, 79. (amateur, rent a seat)

'Many attendences since.

It's late. I'm tired. no mas.

Your resume is?Huh

Sorry moderators. I'm old and tired and tire of the BS. Ban me if you wish. Racin's changin and as so, so are the supposed fans.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:24:20 am by jimclark » Logged

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 06:31:20 pm »

My CV?  Been to forty Indy 500's, between 1972 and 2012, every Can-Am at Mid-Ohio between 1971 and 1982, almost all the IMSA races at Mid-O, and several at Road America, during that same time, eight Le Mans 24hrs, about ten Sebring 12hrs, five Rolex 24's all but two Petit's, F5000, and Trans-Am, roughly twelve GP's. The Daytona 500, about nine Winston 500's at Talladega, as many Brickyards, a couple of US Nationals NHRA meets, four Michigan 500 CART rounds, countless USAC Sprint and Silver Crown meets, 1984 Daytona 200, many AMA Superbike, and Moto GP, etc.
Yeah, I've seen a lot of racing too.
As far as on track stuff, trophy racing at Edgewater Dragway, here in Cincy, a bunch of track days on the Kawsaki at Mid-O.
Fax
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:05:42 am by Boorish Grobian » Logged
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 07:20:35 pm »

So between you pair have either of you seen any combine harvester or lawn mower racing?
B G and  J C what is your best ever meeting, i guess it would be a hard question due to the amount of races you guys have seen.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 09:02:57 pm »

Actually I have seen a combine harvester demolition derby, fricking hilarious stuff. Seen some great county fair tractor pulls as well (they're a staple of county fairs here in the midwest during the summer).
Best single race I've ever seen is easy, the 1982 Indianapolis 500.  The race itself went down like a 25 lap formula ford race, after the opening lap shunt, and the restart it was pure balls to the wall racing at 200 mph.  From the moment we arrived at the track in the early morning hours, on a warm, hazy Sunday, the place crackled with electricity.  That was back in the day when a half million people were in attendance.  Just an amazing day, and race.
Craziest race weekends I've ever seen were some of those spent at Talladega back in the ninties. There's some serious partying that goes on in the Green Park at Sebring, the Coke lot at Indy, the campsites at LM, etc., but nothing I've seen compares to the lunacy I witnessed in Alabama.  The good ole' boys elevated hell raising to a new art form, even more so than the old turn 1 Snake Pit residents at Indy back in the wild days.  Sadly from what I've heard, the campgrounds at 'dega are a shadow of their former glory now as well.
Fax
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:40:09 am by Boorish Grobian » Logged
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 11:13:19 pm »

Party on dude. Just been away at Paul Ricard with some great guys and adopted aFrench guy on our campsite for the weekend. Good times to be had when you mix with race fans.A LWAYS got time and a beer to share. Best people in the galaxy.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 06:26:01 pm »

Totally agree Lofty, from my experience racing fans are all the same, doesn't matter if its Le Mans, Indy, Silverstone, Talladega, etc.  The may speak a different native language, or have a different accent, but they're all the same.  I've always thought people who got to a race, just for the race are short-changing themselves, its a communal experience, half the fun is meeting new friends, catching up with old ones, sharing stories & some cold beer.
Fax
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 08:36:05 pm »

... people who got to a race, just for the race ....

People really do that? :-)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 10:43:29 pm »

I did ... but then I found something called CA ...  Grin

jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 07:17:57 am »

Yes.  

My passion's been racin' for a long. long time. Yes the comaraderie is im potent. But to me, if
 you don't know the actually racing, then I don't have a bunch to say.

'Not knockin' the un-fans, just that the actual thing is mo' impotent to me... :wink:

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: