Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 10:44:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Corrupt F1?  (Read 16476 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2006, 01:39:33 pm »

I seems that once again the stewards have messed up, and yet again it seems to be in Ferrari's favour. I have twice watched the lap where Alonso alledgidly blocked Massa and can't see anthing wrong with it. I would say that Massa even benifited from Alonso's slipstream.

Is the FIA trying to manipulate the outcome of the drivers championship so it runs to the last race? or even worse engineering a last championship for Spoonface.

For once I agree with The Cock, F1 is corrupt and it dosn't seem to care who knows it.

Even more reason not to watch it. Another nail in the F1 coffin methinks

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 03:44:25 pm »

Well at least an F1 driver has now said what we have all known for ages "Formula One is no longer a sport" - thanks Fernando but you caught on a bit late didn't you.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 03:49:52 pm »

Still, at least that bloody german's on his way out. At times in the past it has seemed that the balance of opinion has been uncommonly skewed towards him.

There are many people in and around F1 who would gladly suck the farts out of his arse. I do not count myself among them.

The accusation that the season is being stage managed seems fairly plausible. I don't like that. I like proper competition.

That's it. I'm off to watch professional wrestling.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 04:10:50 pm »

Anyone see Mad Max interviewed in the pre-race pit lane interview with Martin Brundle? Martin quizzed him over the incident and really let him know his opinions, both as a driver and a commentator.

Nice to see Max actually bothering to turn up for one of his events though. I suspect that's cos of the post-race announcements that are due.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 04:12:59 pm »

Yes, good old Martin.  Also, full marks to Flavio B, "Will we miss Michael?" "No, I won't miss him at all."  Join the club.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 04:46:31 pm »

Another classic from The Cock, "Now that Alonso has stopped, Kubica, who has been in a podium position since the start, moves up to third place" Huh Huh Huh

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 07:59:28 pm »

In an odd way Mr Schumacher will be missed, I doubt if any of us will ever see such an all out racer as he ever again.  At least it looks like he will have a role within Ferrari for next season.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 09:30:58 pm »

The time with Senna and JM Balestre springs to mind Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 11:31:27 pm »

In an odd way Mr Schumacher will be missed, I doubt if any of us will ever see such an all out racer as he ever again.  At least it looks like he will have a role within Ferrari for next season.
A very odd way.
 Have to say, Kubica was stunning - pity he was overshadowed by all the Schuey stuff.  In a perfect world of course he'd race in proper cars...

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 12:39:33 am »

Yes, good old Martin.  Also, full marks to Flavio B, "Will we miss Michael?" "No, I won't miss him at all."  Join the club.
Flavio has forgotten who brought the championship twice to his outfit.

I almost can't remember Formula1 without M. Schumacher (due to age Wink ) so in some sort of way I will mis his appearence. But let'S see what happens next year without him around on the track.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 12:49:07 am »

Surely you can remember the second half of '99?
Laughed my ass of with Salo, brilliant bloke Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 12:54:07 am »

Yeh 1999, I'm sure that Ferrari could have won the championship with Irve the Swerve if they wanted to but being as they were paying Schumi megebugs they defered the winning until 2000

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 09:33:16 am »

A very odd way.
 Have to say, Kubica was stunning - pity he was overshadowed by all the Schuey stuff.  In a perfect world of course he'd race in proper cars...

Kubiscuit was fast, but the newbies normally have a few fast runs then fizzle, button was like that with Williams and then 106 races later he wins a race.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 09:49:11 am »

F1 has been the "business of motor racing" for at least the last 7 or 8 years and probably for a while before that I'd guess. 

Are Bernie et al pulling the strings?  I honestly don't know but at times it looks very much like it.   

They do now run at least one permanent steward at all races (it might even be a permanent team (3) - I can't remember?)  so in theory there should be some consistency in the decisions that are made.

Do we know whether the Stewards investigated the Alonso infringement off their own back or whether the red team protested? 
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 09:53:21 am »

A very odd way.

Kubiscuit was fast, but the newbies normally have a few fast runs then fizzle, button was like that with Williams and then 106 races later he wins a race.
Good point FS.  On the surface he seems a little less larey that some of the talented newcomers of the past but then so did Button.  We shall see (if I continue to bother to watch this shower, that is!)  Hav a look at thishttp://sport.guardian.co.uk/columnists/story/0,,1869561,00.html So bang-on.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 10:51:45 am by termietermite » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: