Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 10:26:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from MB  (Read 21745 times)
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 08:13:36 am »

Not to worry, if the first party has an invoice with them, their fine. You can safe space for your mates arriving late. Even without an invoice, one plot surely is no problemo. Spaces are not issued, it is still first come first served. Don't know for how long that will be. Only general admission gets you on MB, but not your vehicle!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 10:34:56 am »

I'm really hoping that we can squeeze 2 x 3 man tents, 1 x 4 man tent, 1 x 2 man tent and gazebo onto the pitch with the car?!?!?!  Huh

What happened to 1 x vehicle pass regardless of if you had 1 per car/mini bus/truck load of people and tents??  Seems a shame that the ACO didn't make their intentions clear from the start (size of pitch etc) so as everyone could prepare. 
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 11:15:18 am »

Hey Vicky, not in Le Mans yet?

Why so many tents, you are with only 4 people arent you?
Maybe we can drop rowena in Sander's tent? Grin

Anyway, see you there, tomorrow, I am heading out tonight at 10, should arrive at about 4 am.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Big G

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 11:18:41 am »

I'm really hoping that we can squeeze 2 x 3 man tents, 1 x 4 man tent, 1 x 2 man tent and gazebo onto the pitch with the car?!?!?!  Huh

What happened to 1 x vehicle pass regardless of if you had 1 per car/mini bus/truck load of people and tents??  Seems a shame that the ACO didn't make their intentions clear from the start (size of pitch etc) so as everyone could prepare. 

I think you will find that there has always been a limit of 35 sqm its just that they havn't been policing it before. The camping pass does allow 1 vehicle with as many people as the vehicle will legally carry, however it is your responsibility to ensure that you can all fit into the 35 sqm. If you need more space then you get extra passes as per the DfH guys who purchase way more passes than they have vehicles.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 11:18:57 am »

Well you're wrong there, R8K DJ.  The pitch sizes are, and have been for some years, 35 square meters (room for one car and a tent for four people).  The fact that some people took much more than that - so that late comers got shunted onto other sites which they did not want - has led to the ACO mark out pitches to avoid the annual Friday evening riot, when disgruntled customers who had reserved spaces, found that there were none - due to the selfishness of a small minority of early arrivals.  What's happened this year is the inevitable result of this self centred attitude.  Your ticket entitles you to 35 square meters.  That's it. No you won't get 12 people into a four man pitch.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 11:23:14 am »

I think you will find that there has always been a limit of 35 sqm its just that they havn't been policing it before. The camping pass does allow 1 vehicle with as many people as the vehicle will legally carry, however it is your responsibility to ensure that you can all fit into the 35 sqm. If you need more space then you get extra passes as per the DfH guys who purchase way more passes than they have vehicles.

Actually, we have more vehicles than we have passes this year, but we solved that problem with parking rouge tickets and if all else fails, some cars will have to go to Beausejour for the weekend. We have 10 passes this year, enough space, but we already decided to go for 15 tickets next year, it only seems fair to have that many, considering the big setup we take with us. On the other hand, most of MB will enjoy our hospitality, so if we take slightly more space than we are entitled to, most people don't mind that much.

Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 11:37:44 am »

Bang on Knetter, MB wouldn't be the same without you.

Let the ACO do their worst.

Doug

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 12:24:23 pm »

Roy

Do you know if Swans still needs another MB ticket?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 12:39:37 pm »

Anyway, see you there, tomorrow, I am heading out tonight at 10, should arrive at about 4 am.

We're on the overnight ferry tonight - the same as JPC and co (god help us! could be a long and merry journey).  We should arrive before mid day tomorrow.  We've got four tents (like last year) because it's been so hot in previous years and we like our space  Grin .

Big G + termietermite, I actually wasn't aware of the pitch sizes in previous years and I certainly appreciate that people with large parties should aquire enough passes to cover their large areas/numbers.  DfH/JPC are great at this.  That said, I wont be too happy if my group of four can't set up a comfortable camp with our 1 x car on the pitch for the long weekend...  35sqm should be plenty though, shouldn't it???  Tough luck now i guess.  We will see how it goes this year, one thing is for sure it wont ruin my weekend!!!   Grin   Maybe just make things different in future especially for smaller groups on a budget.

I'm finding it SOOOOO difficult to concentrate on work today............   Tongue
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 12:52:02 pm »

Roy

Do not know, you still have a zone B?

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 12:54:32 pm »

Roy

Roy

Yes he does!!!  Thought I'd told you that? Or were you p**sed  Wink
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 12:59:32 pm »

We're on the overnight ferry tonight - the same as JPC and co (god help us! could be a long and merry journey).  We should arrive before mid day tomorrow.  We've got four tents (like last year) because it's been so hot in previous years and we like our space  Grin .

Big G + termietermite, I actually wasn't aware of the pitch sizes in previous years and I certainly appreciate that people with large parties should aquire enough passes to cover their large areas/numbers.  DfH/JPC are great at this.  That said, I wont be too happy if my group of four can't set up a comfortable camp with our 1 x car on the pitch for the long weekend...  35sqm should be plenty though, shouldn't it???  Tough luck now i guess.  We will see how it goes this year, one thing is for sure it wont ruin my weekend!!!   Grin   Maybe just make things different in future especially for smaller groups on a budget.

I'm finding it SOOOOO difficult to concentrate on work today............   Tongue

Me too, al revved up to get going. Weather wise it is going to be rain on and off and much cooler temps then last year, so you could huddle up. That said, you have Rowena with you and she will be hot for sure, but only very locally Grin Next year just come and join our group, we have plenty of space next year with the 15 tickets. This year we have 11, I was mistaken with the 10 I said earlier. JPC and Delboy are still in good shape. The security guards police do not bother DFH anymore. Never underestimate the power of beer Grin They regularly strole over, remove their security vests, have a beer and go on with their work.  Grin

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 01:01:01 pm »

Roy

Roy

Why does swans need one, we have 11 already??

oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 01:22:21 pm »

On the other hand, most of MB will enjoy our hospitality, so if we take slightly more space than we are entitled to, most people don't mind that much.

Presumably that is except those who wanted a camping space for camping on but can't get one because you have bagged loads of them  Angry
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2007, 02:04:06 pm »

Roy

Roy

Why does swans need one, we have 11 already??

He has a "friend" that needs one, so she will be in a camper van in Zone E!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: