Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 12:29:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from MB  (Read 21741 times)
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2007, 02:20:34 pm »

Oh it's for a "friend" is it.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Shamrock

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 04:37:59 pm »

Hey Vicky, not in Le Mans yet?

Why so many tents, you are with only 4 people arent you?
Maybe we can drop rowena in Sander's tent? Grin

Anyway, see you there, tomorrow, I am heading out tonight at 10, should arrive at about 4 am.

OK Roy you have held down the fort long enough, you must feel like that guy that gets left to hold the pass while everyone escapes. Run and run fast, enjoy the race and the beer, especially the beer. Did I mention, making plans for LeMans 08.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 07:34:46 pm »

Why do you think he's been trying so hard to get one!!  Wink
nickliv
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2007, 07:38:36 pm »

Why do you think he's been trying so hard to get one!!  Wink

What? A friend?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 10:27:15 am by nickliv » Logged
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2007, 08:33:32 pm »

On Wednesday afternoon my mate got into MB with a photocopy of the camping pass. He was allowed to take his car in unload and reserve two spaces for us as we were arriving later, then take car out and park outside. Obviously the gestapo weren't looking after our area as we then parked our two cars in the firebreak at the end of the run so we had more room on the pitch.

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2007, 09:38:45 pm »

Also pretty strict ruling on BSJ.
Not only that danish K-Rejser taking up the whole first part of it but also marked pitches when we arrived on wednesday 0330.
It already looked small and during our buildup we could see the Securité measuring the pitches further down - by foot!!!
I guess our pitch was only 6x4,5m but as our british neighbours came with a camping car it was no problem to move the barrier tape used to mark the pitches (asked the lads before of course)

Also huge thanks to the Sec's for not mentioning the huge ditch when leading me to our pitch. (it was dark) In the very last second he showed the stop signal - f'in....
The warning sign laid flat in that ditch the whole weekend...

If you have BSJ, don't come later than wednesday noon or you'll walk for ages until you reach the road at the campsite gantry.
I'll order my tickets tomorrow - probably 4 without knowing if any of us can make it.
I don't want to be on BSJ again - it was nice in 2006 on the first part, but if that is taken again by the Danish it's a disaster to be there

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2007, 11:42:30 pm »

I'm really hoping that we can squeeze 2 x 3 man tents, 1 x 4 man tent, 1 x 2 man tent and gazebo onto the pitch with the car?!?!?!  Huh

What happened to 1 x vehicle pass regardless of if you had 1 per car/mini bus/truck load of people and tents??  Seems a shame that the ACO didn't make their intentions clear from the start (size of pitch etc) so as everyone could prepare. 

I think you will find that there has always been a limit of 35 sqm its just that they havn't been policing it before. The camping pass does allow 1 vehicle with as many people as the vehicle will legally carry, however it is your responsibility to ensure that you can all fit into the 35 sqm. If you need more space then you get extra passes as per the DfH guys who purchase way more passes than they have vehicles.

On the other hand, most of MB will enjoy our hospitality, so if we take slightly more space than we are entitled to, most people don't mind that much.

Presumably that is except those who wanted a camping space for camping on but can't get one because you have bagged loads of them  Angry
I'm very sorry sir for getting from the ACO what we asked them for.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2007, 11:43:06 am »

I'm really hoping that we can squeeze 2 x 3 man tents, 1 x 4 man tent, 1 x 2 man tent and gazebo onto the pitch with the car?!?!?!  Huh

What happened to 1 x vehicle pass regardless of if you had 1 per car/mini bus/truck load of people and tents??  Seems a shame that the ACO didn't make their intentions clear from the start (size of pitch etc) so as everyone could prepare. 

The ACO have published details of the pitch size per pass on the .pdf that is on their website and gives details of sites, prices etc. for the last few years.  What else do you want them to do?    The size of pitch per pass didn't change with zoning, it was the same as it had been for the last few years although in previous years they haven't enforced it very well. 

You'll find most people consider one pass for a truckload of people to be taking the piss slightly...
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2007, 04:37:52 pm »

Presumably that is except those who wanted a camping space for camping on but can't get one because you have bagged loads of them  Angry

As said by LT, we took about 10 to 11 spaces. As for our pitch with the Friday concert, we were very happy with the road in the middle. Without it we would have had to comprimise big time...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2007, 05:19:23 pm »

As far as oldtimer comments goes;

He did not see that we actually made sure that in the end the unused spaced in our area was actually used by other people to pitch a tent in. Seems unfair to most that we have a large open area in the middle, to bad they do not realize we pay for the whole thing.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2007, 05:35:54 pm »

As far as I understood oldtimer he was complaining about us having a higher amount of tickets, not specifically the pitchsize. If I misunderstood him, I'm sorry for that.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2007, 06:43:48 pm »

Big H,

Saw you at DfH party and realised forgot 'crispy score' for your ride.

PM me your address and I'll post it, or can I PayPall it?

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2007, 08:48:04 pm »

We were on BSJ for the third year this year, but no more. Arrived 3.30 thursday morning, directed down to a field where we did not want to be. Will have to have a meeting to decide where we should go next year!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2007, 02:12:31 pm »

As said by LT, we took about 10 to 11 spaces. As for our pitch with the Friday concert, we were very happy with the road in the middle. Without it we would have had to comprimise big time...

It should also be stated that between us (DfH, JPC, Rick & myself) we had nearly 30 tickets, and any spare 'pitch' space was pooled for the stage/bar etc.  Also, much of the space used around the compound was not allocated or marked out as pitches - in some areas (eg alongside the road) the ground is unsuitable for a 7x5 pitch.  This was used for sleeping tents and car parking, leaving the actual pitches on the level bit for the bar.  And as Paddy has already said, the 'roadway' thru the compound was taken over for the party.

Many thanks to DfH for repelling all boarders to the space they reserved for us, and for all the hospitality.  We did in fact let one group of outsiders squeeze in - mainly to appease the ACO security guys - even they went away happy!!

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2007, 06:52:54 pm »

It should also be stated that between us (DfH, JPC, Rick & myself) we had nearly 30 tickets, and any spare 'pitch' space was pooled for the stage/bar etc.  Also, much of the space used around the compound was not allocated or marked out as pitches - in some areas (eg alongside the road) the ground is unsuitable for a 7x5 pitch.  This was used for sleeping tents and car parking, leaving the actual pitches on the level bit for the bar.  And as Paddy has already said, the 'roadway' thru the compound was taken over for the party.

Many thanks to DfH for repelling all boarders to the space they reserved for us, and for all the hospitality.  We did in fact let one group of outsiders squeeze in - mainly to appease the ACO security guys - even they went away happy!!

Del

I was more disgusted by the pathetic display of abuse of space shown by the peugeot parc next to the entrance to MB...what a waste of good campingplaces...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: