Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 10:22:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best beer ever  (Read 16676 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2008, 10:09:27 pm »

my auntie Nell and cousin Caz have been living in the shade of that dollop of rock for a few years now, wossit called? Err yes Ditton dooberry or summat. Nice place

I never made it in drinking mode to Bishops Castle but one of me brothers in laws lives near there in Edgton. Could have knocked my hat off when we ended up in the Plough on Christmas lunchtime one year. Was an interesting ride back up the mountain for Chrissy dinner.

MG Maestro Turbo, quick, not arf!!

Could be high on my "retiring to the country" list over there

Evil

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2008, 10:29:12 am »

The only bright spot on the horizon post LM, is the prospect of a week in Salop, crawling around the pubs and reaquainting myself with Woods, Hobsons, and a pint of Cleric's Cure from said pub is Bishops Castle.  This thread is making me homesick!

The Three Horseshoes at Rattlinghope (Ratchup) is a great haunt if you're ever on that side of the Mynd.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 10:30:53 am by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2008, 10:50:03 am »

This could be one of "those" threads, everlasting,

When I go visiting the Warwickshire area of the MidgetandSpriteClub I am usually drinking Hobsons...

Thinks, "must get to Bishops Castle again some day, if only to test the Three Tuns"

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2008, 11:51:52 am »

How about a Salop meet in August?  Three Tuns, here I come... Grin

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2008, 03:53:41 pm »

Bill, there is no finer county in England and if I could think of a way of making a living there I'd move back in a heartbeat. Use to live four miles the other side of Ditt (Ditton Priors).

Didn't know you were a Shroppy Debs, I have to say the Perche is very similar to Shrops IMO. Indeed Charles de Gaulle lived in Shrops during the war and he thought the same. Ludlow's a bit hanky up cuff these  days for my liking. I will try to bring a pound of shropshire bacon from Ryans in Wenlock to LM for you both, providing I get time to get up there. 90%  fat and rind, with a few flecks of meat through the middle, it's the best bacon in the world for sure, you can eat it raw like Parma ham. Yum!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2008, 04:30:48 pm »

How about a Salop meet in August?  Three Tuns, here I come... Grin

I'd be up for that.  We spend (at least) one weekend every year at a pub in Broome, just outside of Craven Arms.  The pub (the Engine & Tender) has a small campsite behind it.

However, I have to say that all beer in Salop is not good - have you ever tried 'Shropshire Lad' - can't remember the brewery, but the beer is dire.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2008, 04:47:06 pm »

Yes but I would insist it must be on a weekend where there's hillclimbing at Loton Park!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2008, 05:28:00 pm »

I am a Shroppy by adoption - not birth.  The retirement place was a straight choice between the Perche and Salop, and Frogland won, but not by a very big margin. Happily, I have loads of friends up there so there's alway a "hotel" available when I nip back to Blighty.

Delboy: Shropshire Lad is in fact a Woods beer, as mentioned by Perdu, above.

Must get our thinking caps on for a meet then.  An old mate of mine used to do a lot of hill climbing at Loton years ago.  I'll drag him along.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 05:36:34 pm by termietermite » Logged

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2008, 05:35:13 pm »

Mmmm.

* botblo.jpg (53.93 KB, 400x951 - viewed 192 times.)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2008, 09:02:19 pm »

I kinda see what you mean about Shroppy

Our Nellie Carole and Derek have become part of one huge family almost from the moment of arriving there a few years ago

It was Nell's 90th a few weeks ago and the place was heaving with the "natives" in and out  all afternoon

Much as I like many other parts of the country (no I really dont think that EVERYWHERE has gone to the dogs) I would expect it to take a huge time to become accepted as they have and it was likewise for the bro in law up his personal mountain

I like the place big time

Del, I mentioned the "Christmas Bitters" Woods make, frankly as a trained and well seasoned cellarman in my long distant youth, basically most of those beers are made for posers, I wouldn't use 'em to test proof under my leather trousers.

But basic Woods Bitter for Shropshire and Adnams Bitter for eastanglia get my 10/10

August in Shropshire may become a huge draw on my calendar

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2008, 11:36:58 am »

I will be arriving there on the 10th and leaving on the 17th, so if anybody is around, let's go for it.

Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2008, 11:49:08 am »

Two day meeting at Loton, 9th/10th August. Midland Hillclimb Championship. I was there last weekend but was only for  practice runs.

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
pool pugilist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2008, 10:45:40 pm »

I'm really sorry but all this talk of "old perculiar specked old wood shavings cloudy tastes like shite CAMRA fermented pigeon droppings" is really not my bag, as previous there is nothing better than an ice cold kronnie once you have set up, simple as!! Grin Grin
Sorry, Im a young 40 year old euro fizz lover!! Wink
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:30:07 pm by pool pugilist » Logged

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2008, 10:52:24 pm »

I'm really sorry but all this talk of "old perculiar specked old wood shavings cloudy tastes like shite CAMRA fermented pigeon droppings" is really not my boat, as previous there is nothing better than an ice cold kronnie once you have set up, simple as!! Grin Grin
Sorry, Im a young 40 year old euro fizz lover!! Wink

Philistine

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
pool pugilist

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2008, 11:38:04 pm »

Sorry guys, they all sound very nice and are inded very tempting, however once I taste them it just all goes wrong!! Undecided It tastes like shite!! Shocked Love my Lager!! and by no means am I a Lager Lout, just a whole lot more refreshing. (my opinion) Come on guys, all those Europeans cant be wrong!! Wink Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: